It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Prey On People"Corrupted By Conspiracy Theories" Says White House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And so we are now away from the topic of both terrorists, and conspiracy theories. While it's true that the US, by handing Saddam the gun used to murder the Kurds, they are just as responsible for the cleansing as anyone, I don't see what it has to do with CTers being terrorists (which is what this article comes just shy of saying).

The next step is rounding up people who question the official story, and sending them to 're-education' camps.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Apologies for going off topic.. I will refrain from now on.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
And I notice you haven't replied to the undoubted fact that US troops have been torturing and raping Iraqis.

Your statement was patheticly wrong but since you actuallly believe that I doubt that real facts could change your mind. A handful of US soldiers (wrongly) mistreat a handful of Iraqi POWs by having dogs bark at them and by taking pictures of them nude. That's not torture. It's mistreatment, but it's not torture. And there have been a handful of accounts of rape.

You actually compare that to Saddams 40 years and REAL mass torture, mass murder, and government sanctioned rape rooms?

Undoubted?
Propaganda! and not even comparable.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
but don't try to get us to join you in your fuzzy little world.... I'd hate to be as blinkered and susceptible to all this BS as you seem to be.

My world is very clear. But yes, you are blinkered and susceptible to BS .. you've bought into the big bad America lie. It's all America's fault crap. So yet again ... blinkered and suceptible glass houses stumason, glass houses ...

As far as 'trying to get you to join in' ... well then, what's the point of discussio? You just want a left wing echo chamber and a bunch of 'yes you are right' responses. That generally isn't the way things work on a discussion board. You sound like you spun out from democraticunderground.com.

I am not a "lefty liberal",
This was funny.

So then I guess there is no point in posting facts that you people refuse to see and that stumason has declared blinkered and fuzzy.
I'll leave you to stew in your own juices since that is what you want. Enjoy your echo-chamber.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by stumason
but don't try to get us to join you in your fuzzy little world.... I'd hate to be as blinkered and susceptible to all this BS as you seem to be.

My world is very clear. But yes, you are blinkered and susceptible to BS .. you've bought into the big bad America lie. It's all America's fault crap. So yet again ... blinkered and suceptible glass houses stumason, glass houses ...

As far as 'trying to get you to join in' ... well then, what's the point of discussio? You just want a left wing echo chamber and a bunch of 'yes you are right' responses. That generally isn't the way things work on a discussion board. You sound like you spun out from democraticunderground.com.

I am not a "lefty liberal",

This was funny.

So then I guess there is no point in posting facts that you people refuse to see and that stumason has declared blinkered and fuzzy.
I'll leave you to stew in your own juices since that is what you want. Enjoy your echo-chamber.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

Someone didn't read a word I said and merely repeated what was already stated. I'm not going to derail this thread, but feel free to start another and I'll jopin you there. Stew in my own juices...Not likely.

[edit on 6/9/06 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
FF do you deny that the actions taken by Saddam were done with prior knowledge and acceptance of the US govt.?

Honestly, it seems like the topic is being majorly derailed (government tactic?:lol

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
FF do you deny that the actions taken by Saddam were done with prior knowledge and acceptance of the US govt.?

Honestly, it seems like the topic is being majorly derailed (government tactic?:lol

It's the MO of a few members here, I am afraid, not naming names.

I am guilty of falling for the bait though, so I apologise again.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
actions taken by Saddam were done with prior knowledge and acceptance of the US govt.?

Knowledge - probably most was. Acceptance - some were and some weren't.

www.tetrahedron.org...

Oh yeah, I'm a fed.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes, Saddam's evil. American government is evil. We know it. Back to subject.

This White House statement just attempts to further connected us truthseekers (conspiracy theorists) to terrorists. So that any unthinking mind will go "hey, they talk conspiracies, they are terrorists!" Then the government can continue to be held unaccountable for its actions.

Some "ethnic and religious groups" have a hard time accepting freedom; yea right. That is such bull. Freedom is the basic desire and aspect that makes up the human soul, the human experience. You ask ANYBODY, whether they would prefer to be free, or be a slave....you see pretty quickly what they say.

The sad part is, we are all slaves! Oh yea, you get up and go to work everyday, you drive an oil dependant car...you MUST be part of this corrupt system, or not get the money you need to get yourself the basic neccesities to keep you alive; your a slave buddy. We humans are so delusioned, we dont even know what TRUE freedom really is.

We are free? Nowhere's free!! We just think we are free because we can write a mark on a ballot every 4 years, choosing between a series of puppets put out by the same force.....in between that, NO SAY AT ALL, in what goes on.

Ask yourself, are you really free? Are you really free to fully express yourself, and do what you want to do? I doubt that. We are given a choice of what to do, so we think we are thinking for ourselves.

Its like the rat in the maze, who thinks he has freedom because he can decided which way to go, and where to turn, and what path to take....but fails to question the maze itself, and doesnt realize the maze is setting up VERY LIMITING parameters and courses of actions.

Knowledge is power. You want real freedom, get in tune. Listen to me, and stop falling into the nonsense of the details of the garbage that the media puts out for us to consume.

The information war continues....

[edit on 6-9-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't mean to derail this thread; I just wanted to supply some prrof that was asked for.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Saddam butchered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

Hundreds of thousands? Facts please?

Sure, here ya go:

Iraq's Legacy of Terror: Mass Graves
Since the Saddam Hussein regime was overthrown in May, 270 mass graves have been reported. By mid-January, 2004, the number of confirmed sites climbed to fifty-three. Some graves hold a few dozen bodies—their arms lashed together and the bullet holes in the backs of skulls testimony to their execution. Other graves go on for hundreds of meters, densely packed with thousands of bodies.

"We've already discovered just so far the remains of 400,000 people in mass graves," said British Prime Minister Tony Blair on November 20 in London. The United Nations, the U.S. State Department, Amnesty International, and Human Rights Watch (HRW) all estimate that Saddam Hussein's regime murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people. "Human Rights Watch estimates that as many as 290,000 Iraqis have been 'disappeared' by the Iraqi government over the past two decades," said the group in a statement in May.

www.usaid.gov...

His rape rooms were notorious and so were his torture chambers ... 10s of thousands suffered through them.

So why USA financed him? Why did they armed him? Ah yes, for cheap oil. Money can buy anything even a dictatorship who kills thousands.

So have Russia and China armed other nations and groups. Iran financed Hezbollah in Lebanon. Nothing new here in the history of the world.

We didn't finance Iraq so they could operate torture chambers.

In addition to all that, there hadn't been free elections in Iraq for 40 years.

As in Saudi Arabia, an ally of USA.

SA is a monarchy. They don't have elections. Unlike Iran's false elections that exclude women and other candidates.

None of that is happening now. The Iraqis have an opportunity to become a free and stable democracy.

If USA get out of there and that their puppet government get out of there also.

So that al Qaeda and Iran can move right in?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So.. are we the lesser of two evils, or actually a benevolent government?

When faced with the two evils, I'd prefer neither.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He further killed hundreds of thousands more in two wars of his making - Iran and Kuwait - to further his ego. His rape rooms were notorious and so were his torture chambers ... 10s of thousands suffered through them.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like the US would rape and torture Iraqis, is it? No, wait, they have. Bang goes the moral high ground there...

The big difference is that Americans are held accountable for things, by their own people. For example:

Death penalty recommended for US soldiers accused of murdering Iraqi detainees

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
flyersfan: the only reason relations went sour with iraq was because they attacked kuwait, nothing else. None of the butcherings or anything else meant jack. We went to war over kuwait. Thats the cold hard truth. Saddam may have wiped out an entire city of kurds, but he was paranoid after finding out the kurds just tried to assassinate him. You do realize that right? Either way, gassing them all was no good, but you know what the US didnt care. They didn't stand on that. It is irrelevent to why saddam was captured.

now back on topic.
One person above said cultural instead of ethnic or religious. Honestly, any religion usually by default is restrictive of freedom in some way or form. Notice how it says SOME ethnic or religious groups. First off its singling out people based on groups that are not directly related to terrorism. lets look at the quotes though.
"But the strategy places new emphasis on the need for training experts in languages and ISLAMIC CULTURE, "
but lets replace it with your word
"some CULTURAL groups are unable or unwilling to grasp the benefits of freedom otherwise available in the society."

kind of makes it even more obvious if you ask me. By saying ethnic or religious groups they are hoping that you wont make the connection to the culture they have clearly been naming off in the strategy, which is islam.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You mean patsies are held up for sacrifice, right? What about these men's superior officers, who they themselves implicated? For that matter, what about the superior officers, all the way up to Rummy himself most likely, implicated in the Abu Ghraib incidents? You call that accountability? I call it a sham, and a miscarriage of justice.

I feel the same way about linking people with legitimate questions and concerns about government complicity in illegal actions (conspiracy theorists) to terrorists.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Actually Grim, the US ambassador to Iraq new that they wre going to invade kuwait, and Saddam even went as far as to ask permission. The US stance was that it was none of our business, and that they could go ahead.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
~~

As i see it... the response by Agit8dChop ....may well be
the exact type Conspiracy Theory the Administration (regime) is warning of.

although i agree with Agit8dChop that Iraq has become a larger Pandora Box
than the Palestine-Israel impasse has been up to now.
It is the official partyline
that Iraq is only a mild disturbance, a bump-in-the-road, in the larger program to re-make the whole middle east.

Today, the administration cites the 'misguided Arabs & Persians & Hezbollah'
that are falling for the Conspiracy-Theories about America, Democracy...
who are then siding/aligning with the insurgents and Jihadists etc., against U.S.

Some Tomorrow....the idea or line of thought that the Iraq (occupation)
is a mistake or problem...could spark the charge that an Un Patriotic Act
is being leveled on the uber administration...and that Conspiracy-Theory sites
foster non-productive behaviors, foster discontent, sedition, anarchy, criminality....

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
To be honest, I believe the IRAQI occupation to be coloring the water a little bit more than the palestinian issue.

Dont get me wrong, palestine has a right to be angry at the Israeli's.
But I feel Iraq has MORE of a right to be angry at the Americans.

[,,,]

^: that's the idea which may soon become an anti-patriot, C-T inspired, wild idea
which might get one sent to that re-education camp which another poster mentioned !

Im almost convinced this next week and a half are going to be VERY interesting.

hey, September 11th is also Patriot Day, along with being 5th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks. Perhaps the Administration will, by executive order, curtail the freedom-of-speech 'privledge' from its former status as a 'Right' ??
~~~awww, just too much irony in that...it would never happen~~~

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Flyers Fan,,, The following is filled with sarcasim, totally intentional!!!

You must be new to ATS? Didn't you know that the United States was EVIL?

Don't you know that the US is behind everything that is wrong in the world?

Don't you know that Bush and the administration is part of the NWO, Illumati, Reptillian agenda?

You fell into the ATS trap. You've said thing in favor of the current administration. Or worse, you tried to say that Saddam (or anyone else) was a bad guy.

You have not conformed to the belief that only those on ATS know the trueth about the world and everything that goes on in it.

And everything you see, hear and read in the regular, daily tv, radio, newspapers is a lie.

Yes, my friend, sad to tell you but you are living a lie. Imagine that, your whole life - a lie. Everything you were taught in school a lie - Everything your parents taught you - a lie.

Even the new anchor Katie Couric, everything she tells you a lie.

Imagine that, a lie big enough to encompass your whole life YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT UNTIL YOU LOGGED ONTO ATS!!!!!

I just wanted to tell you before you loose your temper here at ATS - where of course the trueth is known.

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The word terrorism is "doublespeak" with no logical meaning in the context that it is used by the government. Terrorism is a military tactic, it is not an ideology as represented by the white house. The government is misusing the term inorder to cast a circus tent over anyone using out of the box tactics in opposition to the government. By this false definition americas founding fathers would be considered terrorists.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This very bad its become a worse everyday what happen to U.S. uh not happy at all not at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
stay on topic plz......have any of you ever thought that maybe us "conspirters" could possible be considers as one of these "cultures" that bush is talking about as terrorists. Do you think hes naming us as terrorists?

Intresting that we are fighting a war of which our Country (USA) was founded on

[edit on 9/6/2006 by ConfederacyOfUnity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join