It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee H. Oswald Killed Kennedy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think it's actually 5.65, but who's counting. Nevermind...

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
My father warned me, "There's nothing good that's cheap." But that is not universally true. It is generally true, but not every time. I believe the rifle model had been manufactured in Italy for use in World Wars 1 & 2. Hey, Italy's Beretta Company is the oldest company of any kind in the world.

“ . . the rifle was war surplus. The most infamous or notorious example of a Carcano was the M 91/38 short rifle in 6.5 x 52 mm, made in the Terni arsenal in 1940 and bearing the serial number C2766, which was used by LHO on November 22, 1963 to assassinate JFK in Dallas, Tx. Oswald had purchased the surplus rifle, along with a 4x telescopic sight, from Klein's sporting goods mail order firm in Chicago for $19.95.

Although this rifle is often called "Mannlicher-Carcano" Its official designation in Italian is simply Mod. '91 ("il novantuno"). The name Mannlicher-Carcano is also misleading because the rifle's bolt action was based on the German Mauser-style bolt action, not the Austrian Mannlicher-style. The Mannlicher designation comes from the fact that the rifle uses a Mannlicher-type magazine system.”
en.wikipedia.org...

posted by Tuning Spork

posted by GradyPhilpott[/I]
Oswald wasn't in the Army, he was in the Marine Corps. Marine Corps marksmanship training is the best in the world. Oswald was more than capable of making the shots that killed Kennedy.

Why not? I've used aluminum tubing as blowguns, using nothing but nails with paper cones fastened with Scotch tape as projectiles, and hit bulls-eyes the size of a baseball at 15 yards. Why couldn't a "cheap" Italian rifle, using heavy rounds and with a scope, hit a target the size of a basketball at 120 yards? [Edited by Don W]

I have neither regard nor any respect for the House show-boating act which has been mis-labeled as “Hearings.” See my external source below on the HSCA. As a discriminating observer, it was obvious to me from the beginning that 'Mark Lane' types were in the chair and its general agenda seemed to be to bestow some official credibility onto the overabundance of (profitable) WC Report critics. People are free to believe anything they want, however unlikely. We have now a cottage industry of backyard mechanics who have conjured every theory conceivable by man to explain the oft asked question, "How could someone of so little significance destroy someone or something of so great a significance?" One of those mysteries of life we have to live with.

However, in 1992 Congress enacted the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992. Congress questioned the legitimate need for continued protection of such records after three decades of secrecy. The purpose of the Act was to gather and accelerate the public release of assassination related documents.

The Act requires all documents related to the assassination that have not been destroyed to be released to the public by no later than 2017.

From 1992 until 1998, the Assassination Records Review Board gathered and unsealed many documents. However, tens of thousands of pages of other documents will remain classified and sealed, away from the public until 2017, including:

* 3+% of all Warren Commission documents
* 21+% of the House Select Committee on Assassinations documents
* An undeterminable percentage of CIA, FBI, Secret Service, National Security Agency, State Department, US Marine Corps, Naval Investigative Service, Defense Investigative Service, and many other US government documents

1976 HSCA Committee Members
* Louis Stokes, (D-Ohio), Chairman
* Richardson Preyer, (R-North Carolina)
* Walter E. Fauntroy, (D-District of Columbia)
* Yvonne Brathwaite Burke, (D-California)
* Christopher Dodd, (D-Connecticut)
* Harold Ford, Sr., (D-Tennessee)
* Floyd Fithian, (R-Indiana)
* Robert Edgar, (D-Pennsylvania)
* Samuel DeVine, (R-Ohio)
* Stewart McKinley, (R-Connecticut)
* Charles Thone, (D-Nebraska)
* Harold Sawyer, (R-Michigan)
en.wikipedia.org...

PS. ForestLady, this may help explain origin of the '100 years:'

"On May 19, 2044, the 50th anniversary of the death of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, if her last child has died, the Kennedy library will release to the public a 500-page transcript of an oral history about John F. Kennedy given by Mrs. Kennedy before her death in 1994.

[edit on 9/4/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Makes you wonder why Jackie Kennedy would make an oral of JFK and then keep it hidden until her last child has died. Probably talks about his affairs with many women (maybe Marilyn Monroe), her time in the white house, maybe JFK could have had an illness that was hidden. For it to be hidden for 50 years after her death, it has to be pretty good stuff.

I heard that John F. Kennedy Jr. was trying to open up some documents earlier than they were supposed to be, is this true? If so, what documents were these. I dont know if this is just a rumor or some truth to it. And that he was possibly killed for this reason.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by BartIV]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Don White, I appreciate your well-thought-out post.Yes, you have the honor of being the first person I've known to believe the Warren report, and were old enough to remember that horrible day.
Allen Dulles was indeed a sleazeball and I agree with you completely about him. Which is exactly why I have suspicions about the Warren report. At least partly. As for Ford, Earl Warren, etc., yes, Ford was likable, and Mr. Warren did some good things. But as for their honesty, I don't know. If you get to that kind of very powerful poliltical position, the chances are very high that somewhere along the line, at least once, they were bought or somehow silenced or were dishonest.. That's just the nature of the game, you don't get very far unless you are a very rare and lucky person. And then there's also the threat of retribution by the powers-that-be if you don't go along with them. And I just can't buy the "magic bullet" theory, too far-fetched, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted by BartIV

Makes you wonder why Jackie Kennedy would make an oral of JFK and then keep it hidden until her last child has died . . talks about his affairs with maybe Marilyn Monroe, her time in the White House, For it to be hidden for 50 years after her death, it has to be pretty good stuff.

I heard that JFK Jr. was trying to open up some documents earlier than they were supposed to be, is this true? [Edited by Don W]

Well, I honestly can’t say about JFK, Jr. I recall that Ted Kennedy said he had no objection to making it all public. He also said the family had no objecting to paroling Sirhan Sirhan but I think it pretty obvious the California Parole Board has no intention to do that.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted by forestlady
I appreciate your post. You have the honor of being the first person I've known to believe the Warren report, and were old enough to remember that horrible day. Allen Dulles was indeed a sleazeball . . Ford was likable, and Mr. Warren did some good things. But as for their honesty, I don't know. If you get to that kind of very powerful political position, the chances are very high that somewhere along the line, at least once, they were bought or somehow silenced or were dishonest . . you don't get very far unless you are a very rare and lucky person. And then there's also the threat of retribution by the powers-that-be . . I just can't buy the "magic bullet" theory, too far-fetched, in my opinion. [Edited by Don W]

Thanks, F/L. I forgot to add I ordered a GPO copy before it was printed and I have read it through 3 times plus referenced back to it a 100 times or more. One of my “friends” asked to borrow it and he never brought it back. I forgot who it was. I have not reorded it but I may someday. It made a good read for me. I did something like that on Mein Kampf. After about a half dozen false starts - English people cannot read German people - I gave up and skipped around in the book. This book was a best seller in Germany in the 1920s which accounts for Hitler’s support before he became the dictator of Germany. About 15 years after I ‘borrowed” the book I took it back, but the person said they did not want it. I don’t know what happened to it. I had a yard sale before moving from Ky to Fl and I sold most of my books. 50 cents or 3 for $1.00.

I fully understand your reservations on the “magic bullet.”

[edit on 9/4/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Are you saying the bullet came from behind, crated a huge explosion of brain matter and then exited through the front

Sounds backwards to me. Seems like the entry wound (in front of JFK) is small and the huge, gaping hole in the back is the exit wound.

DTOM,
Yes, the entry wound was at the back and the exit wound was the large wound created by the explosion.

*sigh*
I'm not buying your explanation of the wounds, at all.
I can only assume you didn't seen the links above that outline a believable scenario for the JFK murder.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mr. SPECTER. Did you notice any holes below the occiput, say, in this area below here?
Dr. PETERS. No, I did not and at the time and the moments immediately following the injury, we speculated as to whether he had been shot once or twice because we saw the wound of entry in the throat and noted the large occipital wound, and it is a known fact that high velocity missiles often have a small wound of entrance and a large wound of exit, and I'm just giving you my honest impressions at the time.

~~~~~~

Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe any wounds on him at the time you first saw him?
Dr. AKIN. There was a midline neck wound below the level of the cricoid cartilage, about 1 to 1.5 cm. in diameter, the lower part of this had been cut across when I saw the wound, it had been cut across with a knife in the performance of the tracheotomy. The back of the right occipitalparietal portion of his head was shattered, with brain substance extruding.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The first two shots are explainable. The first shot missed completly. The second came from behind hitting his back exiting his throat. The last shot is the most confusing. If the shot had come from behind there would have been a small entrance wound in the back of the head and a large exit wound coming out the front. But from what pictures I have seen, the back of the head is completely riped out, if these pics are real.

What if there was another shooter besides Lee Oswald. Maybe he had a partner in the crime. Who is the question, but i do believe the shooter was Lee Oswald from the book depository.
Oswald had a world of emotional problems. Neglect as a child, never accomplishing anything. Searching for a reason to live through communism or something to believe in. I also believe I heard that Oswald at some point tried to committ suicide. This man was unstable and had a scetchy past. Was he the only one there with a gun in hand, that is the question?

I have seen the second shot redone by experts and it came out perfect, but the third shot is suspect.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted by BartIV

The first two shots are explainable. The first shot missed completely. The second came from behind hitting his back exiting his throat. The last shot is the most confusing. If the shot had come from behind there would have been a small entrance wound in the back of the head and a large exit wound coming out the front. [Edited by Don W]

But, Mr B4, what if it did happen the way you say, but the result was not what you expected. Do you then deny the sequence of events? Or do you look quizzically at the outcome? There is no certainty in medicine. There was great confusion. Some people have claimed the body delivered in W-DC was not the same body that departed DFW.

If I was distraught, me at Tampa, how much more would a person be distraught if he was at Parkland General Hospital? Or a bystander at Dealey Plaza? With the president's blood, bones and brains on the street. Start with what we do know, indisputably, and move from there. When you find contradictions in observer's accounts, take the easy way out and say they were mixed up. In a state of shock. It’s simple if you look at it this way. Always take the simple way, it is almost always the right way.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Start with what we do know, indisputably, and move from there. When you find contradictions in observer's accounts, take the easy way out and say they were mixed up. In a state of shock. It’s simple if you look at it this way. Always take the simple way, it is almost always the right way.

That's the problem, don.
There is so little we know indisputably.
Do we go with the WC report or the House Report?

Also, sorry, even though it was the President's murdered body, I sincerely believe trained medical people aren't going to be all confused, distraught, whatever when they are doing their jobs.
Later, after they remove their scrubs, sure.
But, not when they are working.
You aren't giving professional people much credit.

Tell me, don, do you believe EVERYTHING the government tells you?
And don't for a moment think I'm someone swayed by partisanship here. I've held fast to my belief in this conspiracy no matter which party I've voted for.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted by DontTreadOnMe

That's the problem, Don. There is so little we know indisputably. Do we go with the WC report or the House Report?

The WC investigation included many highly talented people, and was done just months after the event. The HSCA, OTOH, was done by relatively unknown people who did no first hand investigation, but merely re-examined the available documents and took handouts from WC critics. I gained the impression from the public pronouncements together with the witnesses the HSCA had an agenda and a decision had been reached before the Committee held its first public meeting.

I sincerely believe trained medical people aren't going to be all confused, distraught when they are doing their jobs. You aren't giving professional people much credit.

Nor am I raising them to a pedestal, either. There are too many medical mistakes that boggle the mind - cutting off the wrong leg - that it is not hard for me to remember they too, put their pants on one leg at a time.

Tell me, Don, do you believe EVERYTHING the government tells you? And don't think I'm someone swayed by partisanship. I've held fast to my belief in this conspiracy no matter which party I've voted for. [Edited by Don W]

I accept that. There are items, the magic bullet and the discrepancy in the autopsy reports, that I cannot “explain” but I do not see anything sinister in those items either. Humans are capable of every kind of mistake that can be made. Apollo 1, Apollo 13, Challenger and Columbia come to mind. The Thresher. The photo op of the B70 that went sour. And etc. Heck, a lot of people say the Korean War was due to a slip of the lip.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
good to hear don

So, if the HSCA made a comment that there could have been a conspiracy, is it such a stratch to say that not only did LHO not act alone, but that he may not have been th eone to fire the fatal shot:

The House Assassinations Committee may have been right after all: There was a shot from the grassy knoll.

That was the key finding of the congressional investigation that concluded 22 years ago that President John F. Kennedy's murder in Dallas in 1963 was "probably . . . the result of a conspiracy." A shot from the grassy knoll meant that two gunmen must have fired at the president within a split-second sequence. Lee Harvey Oswald, accused of firing three shots at Kennedy from a perch at the Texas School Book Depository, could not have been in two places at once.

www.washingtonpost.com...
history-matters.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted by DontTreadOnMe
“ . . if the HSCA made a comment that there could have been a conspiracy, is it such a stretch to say that not only did LHO not act alone, but that he may not have been the one to fire the fatal shot . . “ [Edited by Don W]

The HSCA did not need to exist if all it was going to say was” . . there could have been . .” Look, Don’t Tread, most all hearings are glitz for the public. Any real work is done by the staff in private. I watch too many hearing on CSPAN. I am disillusioned by what passes for questions. Long rambling statements which pose three or four issues, no one on earth could give a coherent answer to most of them. Only rarely is a hearing worth recording on my DVD and then, it’s too late for me to get it up and running.

Yes, it is a stretch.

The House Assassinations Committee . . key finding of the concluded that JFK's murder in Dallas in 1963 was "probably . . . the result of a conspiracy." A shot from the grassy knoll meant that two gunmen must have fired at the president within a split-second sequence. LHO, accused of firing three shots at Kennedy from a perch at the Texas School Book Depository, could not have been in two places at once. [Edited by Don W]

This theory has been demonstrated to be defective several times. It hinges on JFK head reflex and the entrance-exit wound and the carved in stone explanation. “It had to be that way! There is never an instance when it varies. Never. Ipso facto, two shooters.”

The same person who can find a second shooter on the grassy knoll is the same person who can see a human figure in the Mars rock picture.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If I was distraught, me at Tampa, how much more would a person be distraught if he was at Parkland General Hospital? Or a bystander at Dealey Plaza? With the president's blood, bones and brains on the street. Start with what we do know, indisputably, and move from there. When you find contradictions in observer's accounts, take the easy way out and say they were mixed up. In a state of shock. It’s simple if you look at it this way. Always take the simple way, it is almost always the right way.

[edit on 9/5/2006 by donwhite]

Trained medical doctors (including a neurosurgeon), nurses, and Secret Service agents were all wrong about the location of the wound in the head? A large, gaping wound? And not just wrong, wrong in the same location every time?

Special Agent Clint Hill

"The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head."

www.history-matters.com...

Nurse Diana Bowron

Bowron: The back of his head.

Specter: And what was that condition?

Bowron: Well, it was very bad---you know.

Specter: How many holes did you see?

Bowron: I just saw one large hole.

Nurse Bowron later admitted that she helped "...wrap[ped] some extra sheets around his head..."

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The Commission was made up of its chairman, Chief Justice Earl Warren of California. He had been on the bench 10 years, and had handed down the key cases in modern Americana - Brown v. Topeka Board of Education. The Miranda case. The Wainwright case. And so many other cases that finally gave life to a moribund Supreme Court. And a good life it was.

Two senators, Richard Russell of Georgia, known as the Dean of the Senate. John Sherman Cooper, of Kentucky. I knew of him, as he was my senator. He won in Kentucy 2 times in part because he was an honest man. In politics in Kentucky, that is not a common commodity.

Two House members. Hale Boggs of Louisiana. A leading Democrat. I know you cannot say “honest” and name a Louisiana politician in the same sentence. That would be an oxymoron. But Congressman Boggs was never caught doing wrong. Louisianans liked him. He died in a plane crash in Alaska I think.

Gerald Ford, of Michigan. A man with a personality it was hard if not impossible to dislike. And never accused of wrong-doing. And, well enough regarded to become the only man to be president of the United States never to stand for election to the office. Ex-President Ford is alive and doing well for his age.

[edit on 9/2/2006 by donwhite]

*Ford tried to change the location of the back wound from the back to the "back of the neck" in order for the single-bullet theory to appear more plausible. He was caught red-handed doing this.

www.jfklancer.com...

More on the overall story:
www.jfklancer.com...

*Richard Russell had reservations about both serving on the Commission and the Commission's main conclusions.

Richard Russell: That danged Warren Commission business, it whupped me down so. We got through today. You know what I did? I... got on the plane and came home. I didn't even have a toothbrush. I didn't bring a shirt.... Didn't even have my pills-antihistamine pills to take care of my em-fy-see-ma.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Why did you get in such a rush?

Richard Russell: I'm just worn out, fighting over that damned report.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Well, you ought to have taken another hour and gone get your clothes.

Richard Russell: No, no. They're trying to prove that the same bullet that hit Kennedy first was the one that hit Connally, went through him and through his hand, his bone, and into his leg... I couldn't hear all the evidence and cross examine all of them. But I did read the record.... I was the only fellow there that ... suggested any change whatever in what the staff got up.' This staff business always scares me. I like to put my own views down. But we got you a pretty good report.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Well, what difference does it make which bullet got Connally?

Richard Russell: Well, it don't make much difference. But they said that... the commission believes that the same bullet that hit Kennedy hit Connally. Well, I don't believe it.

Lyndon B. Johnson: I don't either.

Richard Russell: And so I couldn't sign it. And I said that Governor Connally testified directly to the contrary and I'm not gonna approve of that. So I finally made them say there was a difference in the commission, in that part of them believed that that wasn't so. And of course if a fellow was accurate enough to hit Kennedy right in the neck on one shot and knock his head off in the next one - and he's leaning up against his wife's head - and not even wound her - why, he didn't miss completely with that third shot. But according to their theory, he not only missed the whole automobile, but he missed the street! Well, a man that's a good enough shot to put two bullets right into Kennedy, he didn't miss that whole automobile... But anyhow, that's just a little thing.

Lyndon B. Johnson: What's the net of the whole thing? What's it say? Oswald did it? And he did it for any reason?

Richard Russell: Just that he was a general misanthropic fellow, that he had never been satisfied anywhere he was on earth - in Russia or here. And that he had a desire to get his name in history.... I don't think you'll be displeased with the report. It's too long.... Four volumes.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Unanimous?

Richard Russell: Yes, sir. I tried my best to get in a dissent, but they'd come round and trade me out of it by giving me a little old threat.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

*Earl Warren was basically blackmailed into serving on the Commission due to the scaremongering tactics of LBJ and "40 million dead" Americans resulting from nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

Lyndon B. Johnson: You want me to tell you the truth? You know what happened? Bobby and them went up to see him today and he turned them down cold and said, "No." Two hours later, I called him and ordered him down here and he didn't want to come. I insisted he come. He came down here and told me no - twice. And I just pulled out what Hoover told me about a little incident in Mexico City and I said, "Now I don't want Mr. Khrushchev to be told tomorrow - and be testifying before a camera that he killed this fellow and that Castro killed him and all I want you to do is look at the facts and bring in any other facts you want in here and determine who killed the President. And I think you put on your uniform in World War I, fat as you are, and would do anything you could to save one American life. And I'm surprised that you, the Chief Justice of the United States, would turn me down." And he started crying and he said, "I won't turn you down. I'll just do whatever you say." But he turned the Attorney General down!

LBJ apparently also had to blackmail Russell into serving on the Commission.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Dick, do you remember when you met me at the Carlton Hotel in 1952? When we had breakfast there one morning?

Richard Russell: Yes, I think I do.

Lyndon B. Johnson: All right. Do you think I'm kidding you?

It is unknown what happened at the Carlton Hotel in 1952. Is Johnson trying to blackmail Russell? If he is, it certainly works as Russell quickly acquiesces to Johnson's demands after Johnson's threat.

(Read the entire Russell-LBJ phone transcript to see Russell's reservations about service on the Commission).

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BartIV

are you stupid one shot hit the car frame and one in the windsheild of the limo, one missed one hit kennedy and connaly went through a radius bone hit a neck tie went through approx 15 layers of tissue and so much more
becuase one man said one guy had a luckey shot u think its all the truth now
ughhh...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BartIV

I hate to be pedantic, but Lee Harvey Oswald was in the United States Marine Corps and he qualified with an M-1 rifle.

I, too, believe that Oswald acted alone and that he was more than capable of making those shots, even if there was some luck involved.

Marine rifle training is intense and classical in nature making the fundamentals of marksmanship second nature in virtually every recruit who completes the training.

If Oswald qualified with a rifle in the Marine Corps, and he did, he is a good shot and perfectly capable of making those shots on November 22, 1963, regardless of what anyone might say.

[edit on 2008/9/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BartIV

10/14/08 Mr.Carter a govt. employee in a now disgraced Secret Service
job is merely following orders, protecting his agency legacy, and his govt. pension, why be a loose cannon, Kennedy is dead, the govt. is alive and well and still killing people for self serving purposes.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here follows a list of the Commission and its staff. Note the HIGH quality of people apponted to that Most Urgent Task.

The Commission
Earl Warren, Chief Justice
Richard Russell, Jr., Senator from Georgia;
John Sherman Cooper, Senator from Kentucky;
Hale Boggs, Representative from Louisiana;
Gerald R. Ford, Representative from Michigan;
Allen W. Dulles, former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency;
John J. McCloy, former President of the World Bank.

General Counsel
J. Lee Rankin was born in Hartington, Nebr. , on July 8, 1907. He received his A. B. degree from the University of Nebraska in 1928 and his LL. B. in 1930 from the University of Nebraska Law School. In 1953 he was appointed by President Eisenhower to be the assistant attorney general in charge of the Office of Legal Counsel in the Department of Justice. In August 1956 President Eisenhower appointed Mr. Rankin to be the Solicitor General of the United States. The post of Solicitor General is the No. 3 position in the Justice Department.

Assistant Counsel
Francis W. H. Adams was born in Mount Vernon, N. Y. , on June 26, 1904. He graduated from Williams College with an A. B. degree, and received his LL. B. degree from Fordham Law School in 1928. Mr. Adams has acted as an arbitrator for the War Labor Board.

Joseph A. Ball was born in Stuart, Iowa, on December 16, 1902. He received his B. A. degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebr. , and his LL. B. degree from the University of Southern California in 1927. Mr. Ball teaches criminal law and procedure at the University of Southern California.

David W. Belin was born in Washington, DC. , on June 20, 1928. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan, where he earned three degrees with high distinction: A. B. (1951), M. Bus. Adm. (1953), and J. D. (1954). He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of the Coif.

William T. Coleman, Jr. , was born in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pa. , on July 7, 1920. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1941 with an A. B. degree, summa cum laude, received his LL. B. in 1946, magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School Mr. Coleman has served as a special counsel for the city of Philadelphia and has been a consultant with the U. S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency since January 1963.

Melvin A. Eisenberg was born in New York City on December 3, 1934. He was graduated from Columbia College, A. B. , summa cum laude, in 1956, and from Harvard Law School, LL. B. , summa cum laude, in 1959. Mr. Eisenberg is a member of Phi Beta Kappa,

Burt W. Griffin was born in Cleveland, Ohio, on August 19, 1932. He received his B. A. degree, cum laude, from Amherst College in 1954, and LL. B. from Yale University Law School in 1959. From 1960 to 1962 Mr. Griffin was an assistant US. attorney for the northern district of Ohio,

Leon D. Hubert, Jr. , was born in New Orleans, La. , July 1, 1911. He received his A. B. degree from Tulale University in 1932, and LL. B. from Tulane in 1934. He was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of the Coif. Mr. Hubert was assistant U. S. attorney for the eastern district of Louisiana, 1934-46, and a professor of law at Tulane University, 1942-60.

Albert E. Jenner, Jr. , was born in Chicago, Ill. , on, June 20, 1907. He received his law degree from the University of Illinois in 1930. He is a member of the Order of the Coif. In 1956 and 1957 Mr. Jenner served as a special assistant attorney general of Illinois in the investigation of fraud in the office of the auditor of public accounts of the State of Illinois.

Wesley G. Liebeler was born in Langdon, N. Dakota. , on May 9, 1931. He received his B. A. degree from Macalester College, St. Paul, Minn. , in 1953 and graduated, cum laude, from the University of Chicago Law School in 1957. He is a member of the Order of the Coif.

Norman Redlich was born in New York City on November 12, 1925. He received his B. A. degree, magna cum laude, from Williams College in 1947, his LL. B. , cum laude, from Yale Law School in 1950, and LL. M. (Taxation) in 1955 from the New York University School of Law. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of the Coif, Mr. Redlich is Professor of Law at the New York University School of Law,

W. David Slawson was born in Grand Rapids, Mich. , on June 2, 1931. He received his A. B. degree, summa cum laude, from Amherst College in 1953, and M. A. from Princeton University in 1954. Mr. Slawson received his LL. B. , magna cum laude, from Harvard University in 1959. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa

Arlen Specter
was born in Wichita, Kans. , on February 12, 1930. He received his B. A. degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1951, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and received his LL. B. from Yale Law School in 1956. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal.

Samuel A. Stern was born in Philadelphia, Pa. , on January 21, 1929. He graduated with honors from the University of Pennsylvania with an A. B. in 1949. In 1952 he received his LL. B. , magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School, and was developments editor of the Harvard Law Review. Mr. Stern served as law clerk to Chief Justice Earl Warren during 1955-56.

Howard P. Willens was born in Oak Park, Ill. , on May 27, 1931. He received his B. A. degree, with high distinction, from the University of Michigan in 1953 and his LL. B. from Yale Law School in 1956. Mr. Willens is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and was appointed Second Assistant in the Criminal Division of the U. S. Department of Justice in 1961.

Staff Members
Philip Barson was born in Philadelphia, Pa, on May 2, 1912. He received his Bachelor of Science of Commerce, from Temple University, Philadelphia, in 1934. Mr. Barson has been employed by the Internal Revenue Service, Intelligence Division, Mr. Barson is a certified public accountant from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Edward A. Conroy was born in Albany, N. Y. , on March 20, 1920. He attended Brooklyn Polytechnical Institute and Benjamin Franklin University, Washington, D. C. Mr. Conroy joined the Internal Revenue Service as a revenue officer in 1946. After acting as executive assistant to the assistant regional inspector, Boston, Mass. , Mr. Conroy became senior inspector in the Internal Security Division, Inspection, of the Internal Revenue Service.

John Hart Ely was born in New York City on December 3, 1938. He graduated, summa cum laude, from Princeton University in 1960, and from Yale Law School, magna cum laude, in 1963. He is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa and the Order of the Coif.

Alfred Goldberg was born in Baltimore, Md. , on December 23, 1918. He received his A. B. degree from Western Maryland College in 1938, and his Ph. D. from the Johns Hopkins University in 1950. Dr. Goldberg became historian with the U. S. Air Force Historical Division and later Chief of the Current History Branch.

Murray J. Laulicht was born in Brooklyn, N. Y. , on May 12, 1940. He received his B. A. in 1961 from Yeshiva College, and received his LL. B. degree, summa cum laude, from Columbia University School of Law in 1964.

Arthur K. Marmor was born in New York City on December 5, 1915. He received a B. S. S. degree from the College of the City of New York in 1937 and an A. M. degree from Columbia University in 1940. He served in the US. Army in World War II. Mr. Marmor has been historian for the Departments of Interior, At present he is a historian for the Department of the Air Force.

Richard M. Mosk was born in Los Angeles, Calif. , on May 18, 1939. He graduated from Stanford University, with great distinction, in 1960 and from Harvard Law School, cum laude, in 1963. Mr. Mosk is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.

John J. O'Brien was born in Somerville, Mass. , on September 11, 1919. Mr. O'Brien received his B. B. A. degree in law and business, cum laude, from Northeastern University, Boston, Mass. He re-received his M. A. degree from George Washington University, Washington, D. C. , and in 1941 joined the Bureau of Internal Revenue. After service in the U. S. Coast Guard, Mr. O'Brien resumed his work as an Internal Revenue Service investigator, and is currently the Assistant Chief of the Inspection Services Investigations Branch, in the National Office of Internal Revenue.

Stuart R. Pollak was born in San Pedro, Calif. , on August 24, 1937. He received his B. A. degree from Stanford University, with great distinction, in 1959, and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Pollak obtained his LL. B. , magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 1962, Mr. Pollak is a staff assistant in the Criminal Division of the U. S. Department of Justice.

Alfredda Scobey was born in Kankakee, III. She received her A. B. degree from American University, Washington, D. C. , in 1933, studied law at John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Ga. , and was admitted to the Georgia bar in 1945. She practiced law from 1945 to 1949 in Atlanta and since 1949 has been a law assistant in the Court of Appeals, Georgia.

Charles N. Shaffer, Jr. , was born in New York City on June 8, 1932. He attended Fordham College in 1951 and received his LL. B. from the Fordham University School of Law in 1957. In 1961 when he was appointed Special Trial Attorney in the Criminal and Tax Divisions of the U. S. Department of Justice, Washington, D. C.

Lloyd L. Weinreb was born in New York City on October 9, 1936. He received B. A. degrees from Dartmouth College, summa cum laude, in 1957, and from the University of Oxford in 1959. He received his LL. B. , magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 1962. Mr. Weinreb is a staff assistant in the Criminal Division of the US. Department of Justice.

The entire Warren Commission Report is available at this website
mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by BartIV

I hate to be pedantic, but Lee Harvey Oswald was in the United States Marine Corps and he qualified with an M-1 rifle.

Grady, M-1 is a semi-automatic rifle, while Oswald's rifle was bolt-action, which makes quick reload and re-acquisition of a moving target with a scope, a real feat.

The private intelligence site Stratfor considers the possibility of such shots "beyond credible".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join