It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Stories..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I was hoping to compile a few ghost stories... I will make a few threads of some that I have personally experienced in my time so far..sorry but I have no pictures as camera's are not allowed in most of the areas that I have experienced these stories..sit back, red, enjoy, and let the hair on the back of your neck stand up....Please let me know what you think, if you have heard these before for the specific area, and add on! thanks..

Legend was that if you drove down an old road on the Lowell/Dracut border with your lights off at night, reached the end of the road, then turned around and drove slowly, once again with your lights off and looked to your right into the forest..you could see "glowing red eyes" looking at you.

So, to see if this was true...I did as the legend stated. I saw nothing either way the first night. Then I decided to try it again and had a few friends with me later on in the week. We went out at approx. 2300 on a Thursday night. We looked into the forest on the way to the turn-around...lights off..nice and slow...saw nothing. Then we decided to turn around at the end, and once again..looked into the forest...but we saw 2 red eyes glaring back at us. I was completely freaked out by the sighting, put my lights on and sped off. Approx. 1 minute after I hit the lights, my car (88 Chevy Beretta GT) dies. All the electrical instruments started to malfunction, lights flickered, then it just died! We ran the rest of the way...called a tow...

Anyway, once I got my car back, we looked to see what possibly went wrong... Well, the Alternator had fried itself out. Not sure if certai ghosts/paranormal entities can give off a sort of electrical field. Maybe it was just a coincidence, or maybe not...what does everybody else think? And have you had a similar experience? Thanks for taking the time to read!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's crazy isn't it. What really is on other planet in the forms of other entities. Those red eyes would make me get out of that area pretty damn quick also. And with all these myths and stories it makes you wonder, surely not all of them are fake. Myths stretch back hundreds of years, so who knows how the real tales start.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Word was that we have many ghosts residing on the base. I was out working in the Bomb Dump at the time at night... Here are a few that I have experienced..

We had many sightings of a peculiar ghost that lived in a storage structure by an operating location. Well, one night I as outside smoking. I saw something walking around outside, I called out and nothing happened. NO change of course, no call back, nothing. What I saw was a dark figuire that seemed to be wearing old Air Force Fatigues that were somewhat torn up and raggedy, he seemed to be an older man. I wanted to ensure that it was not somebody playing a joke on me. So, I went inside and checked our Entry Control Point Badge Verification System to see who was in the barbed wire area.....nobody. I asked a few co-workers the next day, and they have reported hearing and also seeing the figuire...Real or not??

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Word was that we have many ghosts residing on the base. I was out working in the Bomb Dump at the time at night... Here are a few that I have experienced..

I was working my normal mid-shift (2230-0630). I went out to smoke and came back in. I received a call over the radio about "someone" in a restricted area. So, following normal procedure...I checked the computer that tracks each and every person that enters the barded wire area. Just me and one other personnel that night. He told me he saw a dark figuire walking accross the field, but he said that it seemed to glide like it was on air. I checked our video tapes that were in the security system. They had a "static blip" where the "thing" was. Weird stuff.! I thought he might have been messing with me until i noticed that he had searched the area for 3 hours after he reported it...weird..

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Here are my final 2 quick stories...

Once again..working late...our telephone system is setup by all hotlines. the only way the phone will ring from a specific line, is from only one other phone. Well, I received many a call from a specific bldg from 0000 till 0400 at a minimum or 3 times a week...the phone would ring and I would answer...nothing would come thru but empty bay noises...wind rushes. Once again..nobody in the area...we also had reports or doors unlocking themselves..trap alarms going off...weird stuff...

Finally......One night I had an alarm go off in one of our storage bldgs. after the cops came out to see what was going on and they reset the alarm with no reason as to why it went off...I noticed an interior light switching on and off. So, i gather some courage and walked across the field to investigate....When I walked between two rather large trees...my flashlight flickered and died...then came right back on within a few feet...I got to the bldg and searched it with no findings. On the way back...across the field...I crossed the same two trees...at the same excact point...my flashlight flickered and died again...and once again came back on within a few feet...never did find out what happened at the bldg..or why my light kept dying. Electrical disturbance??? Any thoughts??

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
some pretty crazy stores

i wouldn't discount any

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Good idea for a thread. Here's a site you should check out. I used to spend a lot of time reading through the stories here when I worked a slow night shift.

Obiwan's Ufo-free Paranormal Page - Haunting Stories

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
For for the nice comments! I was hoping to get a little more responses. I was thinking of trying to make some trips in my career to experience some of the haunted places. Seeing I travel alot, I wanted more input from other users for possible "vacation" spots...ahh...well see what happens in the coming times...thanks!

top topics

join