It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question for theologians....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
do people who perpetuate the lies, dogma, and forced/imposed rules of religion know the effect on the evergrowing human mind?....

has a pastor, pope, or cardinal ever used sociology to analyze the effects of forced/imposed religion uppon society?....

and lastly, what is the effect of forced/imposed religion uppon an infrastructure?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
has a pastor, pope, or cardinal ever used sociology to analyze the effects of forced/imposed religion uppon society?....

I don't know if the have, but I doubt it. They would probably be afraid of what they found. Besides, I thhink someone that takes a position like that doesn't question anything like that long enough to think that much about it. Its just not the kind of person they are. There is no doubt someone else has, though. I'll go see if I can find anything on it.

edit - www.ne.jp...

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by Pherophile]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Do they care? They will play the lies until they either become empty or people find out that they are faking. That is the only way they are going to stop. Humans only care about their prosperity not others.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Aren't we a bit cynical? I would agree with you. But someone that found out, say a cardinal, could go to the media with it and become famous and loved beyond measure for uncovering the scandel of the church. Benefitting himself over the church instead of over the public. Same idea, just screwing a different amount of people.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sorry, this was a double post.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
very good link worth definately checking out...

not all humans care only about properity...

what if, those who know care about the way the future looks in reference to productivity and work, since they temporaly may be viewing the potential "future"...
while those within the construct are imposed a belief to cater to this future that has been viewed(living the past aspects of the future viewed)?...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Religion as With Government is abt maintaining an Elitist Power Structure to lord over the Masses
To pray upon the Weak and Ignorant
Just look at the Catholic Church heres a Religion based
on the Teachings of a MAN who told his folower to gather anywhere fields gardens to pray together
and commune with the CREATOR ...To take Care of the less fortunate the sick the elderly....To love one another .. and Forgive your enemies....

So What do they do ? Build Cathedrals Covered in Gold
With Idols In the Image of Man that they Worship and pray to....Make War on those they consider Pagan and Inferior,,,ect...ect..ect..ect..........
Humans make me Sick!

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
they are part of the perfection...

without them we would not "see" the difference between a polar opposite, good(or so they say)...

actually i would not be the man i am now if it were not for the oppression i have faced and overcame in my life...

so a big thank you/# you goes to the oppressors...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Of course they care, in fact, most of them think they're doing the right thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i woudl say they know whats going on and they know that they have to keep doing it to keep the sheep from jumping the fence

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don,t think the ones that do the teaching knows the inner-working of the whole system, else their judgement and teaching could be biased by the human sense of moral, what's just what's not, etc etc..

join