It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ways terrorist's can attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
My thought is snipe a fuel tank of an airliner aircraft and that would make it explode.

1 bullet in the fuel tank would cause it to explode.

Discuss:Is the method lethal or even more lethal than smuggling something on a plane?Can they really do anything to stop a terrorist attack I think there is nothing they can do.

Look at london they still carried out the attack.

Is America really safe?

[edit on 22-8-2006 by atlantian149]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
EDIT FOR MISPOST

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
EDIT FOR MISPOST

[edit on 22-8-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm no gun expert, bet it would have to be a fairly big caliber to cause a spark and be at a certain close range depending on the gun.... It would have to be below 5000 ft to hit it, and that's not even going to penetrate it with a normal power gun.

So there you go, unless a terrorist has a heavy anti-aircraft gun, smuggling can be more lethal.

Originally posted by atlantian149
can they really do anything to stop a terrorist attack I tjink there is nothing they can do.

Look at london they still carried out the attack.

Is America really safe?

America is buttoned down pretty good and has prevented some attacks, but no one is ever safe.

[edit on 22-8-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a plane taking off with full tanks would possibly only catch fire if the fuel hit a hot component like an exhaust or similar as well, it's a plane coming in to land that would be more at threat due to having less fuel on board and the empty tanks being full of vapour instead which is much more flammable/explosive

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
a plane taking off with full tanks would possibly only catch fire if the fuel hit a hot component like an exhaust or similar as well, it's a plane coming in to land that would be more at threat due to having less fuel on board and the empty tanks being full of vapour instead which is much more flammable/explosive
lets say a terrorist can have a sniper rifle or an atomatic rifle with tracers tracer bullets can cause a spark at long range because they are on fire. especially when the aircraft is low on aproach , takeoff or decent or climbing it can be reached.

Take example from the concorde when it took off from charles de gual airport a metal object caused the spark igniting the fel tanks causing it to destroy.

They say a spark brought down flight 800.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm sure designers allow for this type of thing, with kids taking pot shots at airplanes with BB guns all the time.

Most areas now have systems that "listen" and recognize gun fire and the odds of hitting a plane traveling at 450 mph+ would not be easy.

I'm sure there's a way, but it's not very strategic.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Are you taking ideas on the way to bring an airliner down for your personal enjoyment. Or are you just gathering ways for the best way a terrorist to attack and filing them under future endeavors.

TG

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Theres no way of stopping terrorist attacks. The easiest way I can think of bringing down a plane would be to fire a hand held missile into it shortly after take off, when its about 100-200 feet in the air.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Fuel and fuel tanks cannot EASILY explode with a bullet. Me and a few of my ex mil chums tried this when based in Jordan. Also a recent edition of Mythbusters tried to do this and failed. Its not like hollywood trust me

[edit on 22-8-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Another way terrorists can attack is by joining a gang and having a drive-by. Good thing this never happens, though.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Fuel and fuel tanks cannot EASILY explode with a bullet. Me and a few of my ex mil chums tried this when based in Jordan. Also a recent edition of Mythbusters tried to do this and failed. Its not like hollywood trust me

the only mythbusters fuel tank explosions i seen was the one about automobile fuel tanks, and trying to recreate (the standard fare) pyrotechnic auto scene explosions...

are you saying youse guys, when in Jordan....actually shot bullets at airliners??
or did youse guys dump bullets into fuel tanks (or oil drums with some gas in 'em) ?

i sorta think the old days when shoulder fired missles (supplied to mujahadeen)
were in abundance....is now over.
To my reasoning, one of those Stinger Missiles would be a sure fire way to crash an airliner, but that scenario would be an overt action of combat rather than a covertly planted bomb hidden on an passenger plane which just exudes 'terrorism'

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint

They redid this with tracer rounds and confirmed that tracer rounds can ignite a car's gas tank, but regular bullet's apparently won't do it.

Planes are fueled by a mixture of kerosene and trimethylbenzene, which is obviously not the same thing as the petroleum we use in our cars. I'd bet the conditions required for both these types of fuel to ignite isn't all that different. (I'm not an expert though)

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
They could just poison a municipal cities water supply.

Oh wait a minute, no one drinks tap water anymore. (Because they don't trust the government to keep it clean) Best if the terrorist rethink that plan.

Most grocery stores now have an entire isle dedicated to just drinking water.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
SHIFT in thread:

Ways to stop a terrorist attack.
The next most likey, in my opinion, avenue will be coordinated levels of chaos. Foreigners will, at a certain time, randomly attack individuals. Like these snipers everyone seems to play off.
I say digital cameras, cell phones with cameras, and PDAs be used to log "strange" events for later compilation and tracking.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Anyway. Know your neighbors, friends and government. Even then who can be sure. Minimize the threat..ensure foreign Govs control their WMD. Strike first those who are absolute threats now. Secure your personal home front.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Anyway. Know your neighbors, friends and government. Even then who can be sure. Minimize the threat..ensure foreign Govs control their WMD. Strike first those who are absolute threats now. Secure your personal home front.

Dallas
Well if you smoke at a gas station it would explode.

I have heard many times that police cars or cars exploding because someone shot and hit the fuel tanks.
JUst because a metal object hit the concorde or a spark brought down the concorde.
I want america to be safe.and everyone to be safe.I don't thing theres anything they could do to stop an attack.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by atlantian149]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I think the 'Stay Vigilant' needs to be upgraded to 'Quickly obscure and prevent'.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
Yeah, I think the 'Stay Vigilant' needs to be upgraded to 'Quickly obscure and prevent'.
What if someone brings a nuclear bomb it's easy to smuggle.

I think there is nothing they can do to stop a terrorist attack from happening.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
They could just poison a municipal cities water supply.

Oh wait a minute, no one drinks tap water anymore. (Because they don't trust the government to keep it clean) Best if the terrorist rethink that plan.

Most grocery stores now have an entire isle dedicated to just drinking water.

I've thought about that too. Also, how sure can we be that even the bottled drinking-water is safe? I never drink water out of the tap... always bottled (DeerPark). But I wonder just much protection we actually have. If the government can get away with NOT cleaning up the tap water, they could probably get away with putting toxins in our bottled drinking-water. How do we know? Is there 100% guarantee that what we think is pure h2o and not something that's going to hurt us?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join