It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish company challenges scientists to test 'free energy' technology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
SOURCE

"What we have developed is a way to construct magnetic fields so that when you travel round the magnetic fields, starting and stopping at the same position, you have gained energy," McCarthy said.

"The energy isn't being converted from any other source such as the energy within the magnet. It's literally created. Once the technology operates it provides a constant stream of clean energy," he told Ireland's RTE radio.

Another firm claims to have made free energy. This one is based on magnetic fields. I think this one is real, being they are prepareing a test for 12 scientist to test it and make sure the device works. If its true I guess we will have to rewrite some books...again.

Any thoughts ? ...

[edit on 20-8-2006 by R3KR]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Another link here

It will be incredible if it is verified, it would totally rewrite the physics books as you said.

I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I can sense a sabotage on their testing- or the disappearence of a leading scientist/ equipment. Even 'outsider' pressure forcing them to declare their testing unsuccessful or unreliable.

Why? Well not for one second can I see such gigantic businesses being threatened so easily. Shell, BP and the like will all be up in arms at the thought of another source of energy... And it being free?! Definitely will have outsider pressure.

My two cents anyway.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Knights]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Why? Well not for one second can I see such gigantic businesses being threatened so easily. Shell, BP and the like will all be up in arms at the thought of another source of energy... And it being free?! Definitely will have outsider pressure.

My two cents anyway.

I can easily agree with all of that but i have come to believe that the government backed science establishments of the world are far more culpable than big oil is. For the big oil corps alternative energy is as good as dead as they know that governments have far more to lose when free energy becomes available than they do. People who have all the energy they required do not NEED government but they might still need the products big business produces...

Stellar

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Another common scenario that pops up surrounding these kinds of claims is that the test never happens. Comapnies make claims and arrange for some future big test and then for unknown reasons the test never happens. It's either outside pressure (which is most certainly a possibility) or because the company simply wanted their 15min (perhaps to raise money).

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
PS: here is the link to the company - Link to Company

Seems legit, but who knows

Ya, I am afraid of something like this happening in the future. It seems that there are always big claims and then you never hear from them again. I can only hope that these Irish scientist's have something. If they do then after it is mass produced packaged and sent, the world will be a much much diffrent place. Seems all of our troubles stem from the oil industry, once they are out of the picture the world will improve. At least thats what I think. But being humans and me being a pesimist I think that we will always find something to fight/kill/bleed over.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by R3KR]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you read the details, what they're proposing is nonsense. I'm not talking about the device, but the test.

Steorn get to pick the 12 guys, from some sort of application process. Then the inspectors get to examine the DATA, not the machine. Then they get to examine the environment one is running in, to establish that it doesn't have solar cells or thermocouples or what not.

That's not "peer review", it's a setup for the Keely effect.

What would normally happen is that they DON'T get to say who looks at it. They provide plans sufficient to replicate it. The testers don't test Steorn's device, they build their own. That pretty much eliminates any manky fiddling behind the scenes ala Keely.

I wouldn't trust anyone's data in such a setting. I'd want to collect my own, using my own instruments, in my own lab. It's too easy to fake otherwise. If the device can't be independently replicated, it is questionable at best.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Reading through their forums, it would seem they don't have a u.s. patent for the complete device (as it may be considered a perpetual motion machine and patents won't be issued without a working model). I wonder if that means they don't have a working model ? I don't understand what "travels around the magnetic fields, starting and stopping at the same spot, gaining energy". Anyone ?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yea I have to agree those test requirement are absurd leaves lots of room for shenanigans. But from the sound of it the device seems to be very very simple to make unlike say an engine or cd player. So they could be worried that if the design leaks out onto the web everyone and their mother who has a college engineering degree will make these hopefully wonderous contraptions. Which I personally think is the way it should be for something of this magnitude.

I can understand the desire to keep it to themselves would become the richest company in the world within a month but sounds very easy to make the huge beneficial impact on environment realigning the power structure it would have far outways the wealth created,if I came up with a device like this I would send out plans to as many people as possible knowing that those who stand to lose the most will not stop until they can rest safe.

But this is probably bogus anyway.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think they already stated if proven to work the device could be used royalty free in certain circumstances, such as in third world countrys for water purification and such.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Merkeva]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Anyone remember the "Jasker"? A fairly recent Irish perpetuum mobile.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a description from the companies site, it explains the technology:

If a magnet is moved linearly through an external magnetic field, work is done. This is analogous to a mass going from higher to lower in a gravitational field, i.e. being dropped or the reverse, being raised. If a magnet is moved closer or farther from an external (magnetic) field, this is the same as lifting or lowering a mass in a gravitational field, and work is done. But if a mass is simply moved around within a gravitational field, ultimately returning to its point of origin, no work is done. Imagine a perfectly balanced Ferris wheel. The person at the top is affected by gravity and accelerates towards earth until they reach the lowest point and then begin to accelerate upwards against gravity. When they reach the top, their original starting point, no work has been done and the only energy necessary to keep the ride going was that needed to overcome friction.

Now instead of people, place permanent magnets on the Ferris wheel, all with the same pole pointing away from the hub. At the bottom of the Ferris wheel place two permanent magnets, in a configuration described in the patent drawing. These two stationary magnets are of equal strength, but oriented in opposite polarity. To make it easier to follow, assume that there are only four riders or magnets on the wheel, spaced evenly at 90 degrees.

On the site they also claim that they have patents.

I am always skeptical for obvious reasons.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think it's all part of some kind of viral marketing campaign for an upcoming sci-fi film or video game.

They're an "internet marketing" firm.

Or perhaps an example to show clients "how we can build excitement around your brand and product."

BTW I couldn't even find that description of the Ferris wheel anywhere on their website. All technical information appears now to be available by some mailing list.

Like I'd give my email to them?

SPAM ME AMADEUS

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It sort of reminds you of www.ilovebees.com in a way.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It could be fake it could be real, guess the only thing left is to wait and see, like always.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here's the patent pending (Original Document, pdf) which describes the invention in more detail..

.pdf document

Here's a pic of the inventor and the invention:
pic

That's pretty much all I could find..

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This reminds me of an article I read several years ago. I think it was in Discovery magazine about Joseph Newman. The inventor of a so called Free energy engine. He claimed that the extra push came from the energy of a collapsing magnetic field. As I recall several years ago he was all set to demonstrate his Engine to the public and scientists but then had to cancel it at the last minute due to some unforseen mechanical problems.

I hate it when that happens!

Several years later he is still gathering investors and is still on the verge of the final unveiling of his free energy engine.

Of course he has a video and a book for sell to answer all the important questions.

These things infuriate me because they always complain that they are being held back by Big Business or Goverment agencies. But I feel if their inventions were real there would be no way to keep a lid on it.

Here is a link to the site where he makes his claims. Sounds a lot like the Irish free energy system to me.

www.angelfire.com...

Dont get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for someone to end the worlds current dependency on oil, I just hope it happens in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I hope this isn't a hoax because if the world ever needed a free energy source its now.

Here's a Video with the Ceo of the company and and the marketing manager chatting to the camera but they don't really give away much and I just get a sense of falseness from it for some reason, like theres a smirk in there or something.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by bramski]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Their website states that they want their equipment tested in independent laboratories.

"Sean McCarthy, CEO of Steorn, commented: “During the years of its development, our technology has been validated by various independent scientists and engineers. We are now seeking twelve of the most qualified and most cynical from the world’s scientific community to form an independent jury, test the technology in independent laboratories and publish their findings."

It could be legit, might be a viral marketing campaign. Either way, if they actually allow independent scientists to objectively test it in independent laboratories, then we'll know soon enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I read the patent, it won't work.

The "shield" interacts with the magnetic field by definition (otehrwise it would work as a shield). So yes, it can shield a magnet from another magnet, but in fact it will require an equivalent force to move around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join