It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best T.v. show ever...Firefly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Best opening song and the best show ever. Hands down. What do you think is the best?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Firefly was indeed a fabulous show. I don't know about it being "the best ever"... but I enjoyed every episode. When the series was released on DVD, we bought it. When Serenity came out, my family saw it in the theater. Three times. And of course, we bought the DVD.

And my son wanted to be Malcolm Reynolds last Halloween. Boy, that was an interesting costume to make.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
good post. Your a heck of a parent making that costume for your kid.... my mother always dressed me up as a dinosaur or a cheesy ghost
LETS HEAR IT FOR GORRAM FIREFLY

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I like Firefly, but it's short of best show ever. You can't have "best show of all time" without more running time. Firefly is like a miniseries. It may be the best miniseries of all time. I'd go for that. However, for best show of all time you gotta go with the 28+ seasons (and counting), over 700 episodes (and counting)... Doctor Who.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I call it The Best Show Ever That Never Had a Chance. It's cancellation, in my opinion, is one of the saddest events in the history of TV. :shk:

And why the Sci-Fi Channel didn't pick it up??? I realize that space opera is an expensive genre to do for television, but I think they've done a good job so far with the "Stargate" shows. And they must be financially successful for the network to keep on renewing them. I'd have thought "Firefly" would have done the same thing for them, especially being targeted to its perfect demographic.

On the bright side, I've heard that Joss Whedon, encouraged by the terrific sales of both the TV series and the "Serenity" movie on DVD, is contemplating another feature film. (A return to TV is out of the question, apparently.) So perhaps we've got that to look forward to.

If anybody's interested, that's a great "Firefly" podcast called "The Signal." You can get it through iTunes, or look it up on the Web.

Baack

new topics

top topics

join