It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Ahmadinejad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I caught the CSPAN unedited interview of Mike Wallace and Ahmadinejad. Overall, I actually commend Wallace on being dogged with a man who really likes to be in total control (more on that later).

That's the only compliment I will give him. Wallace was duped though; his final impressions of the president of Iran are so incorrect that it's nearly laughable.

Although, Wallace did let a few questions I thought were critical slip by when Ahmadinejad failed to answer completely -- namely what he thought of the American people. Also, he never probed Ahmadinejad on specific statements he has made during the past year -- other than, "What did you mean by saying you want to wipe Israel off the map?" to which Ahmadinejad, like any great war-mongering dictator, dodged the question.

A couple of thoughts on the interview (unfortunately by memory):

First let me say that I'm convinced that Ahmadinejad is a master chess player on the world stage, and am convinced that he is positioning himself to build a new axis with support of Russia and China and Shi'ia Middle East governments for weapons and military backing in exchange for cheap oil. THe end game -- standing up and if needs be, fighting the U.S., and an eventual invasion of Israel.

So, with that understanding, I'm convinced he's driven to become a nuclear power, one way or another.

There has been much chatter about the Aug. 22 date. I'm guilty of that fear mongering as well. What I noticed in his interview is his vilification of the U.S. administration. And he let slip, what I believe, is a veiled threat at what he would target, which is the economic health of the U.S. This could go back to his earlier threats of pushing the price of oil to $200 per barrel, although the pain would be felt worldwide and not just by us, thus prompting even his allies to pressure him to back off.

Ahmadinejad also certainly plays to an audience. His rhetoric against Israel was toned down when asked about his wipe off the planet statements. On the one hand, he insisted on illustrating the victim nature of Lebanon and Arabs in general at the hands of Israel. Then on the other, he questions whether it makes more sense for Israel to be in Germany instead of the Mideast. We know he really doesn't believe that as a solution. THE solution to him is to annihilate Israel. Period.

My only other comments were with his body language. Ahmadinejad is very in control, very restrained and soft spoken. He exhibited very little hand gestures and was focued on Wallace throughout the interview. Two noticable exceptions: One was when he fidgeted with a piece of paper handed to him earlier in the interview; clearly he was feeling bored, perhaps frustrated in a holier than thou way at that moment (I forget the line of questioning) or just anxious for the interview to end. And when he was answering questions specifically about Israel, his body became animated.

Don't know if this illustrates that much into his character and mental state, but it was a fascinating interview nonetheless.

Anyone else care to chime in?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Excellent review on that interview. I was amazed on Mike Wallace's comments about the interview but I will agree with him on a few points

He is not crazy, he is extremely deliberate and calculated.
He is also very intelligent, someone who we need to be worried about.

He knows exactly what he's doing and he has plenty of cards up his sleeve.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I also forgot to elaborate on another point.

Wallace completely missed the point about the letter Ahmadinejad sent to Bush. It's been well-documented by Islamic experts (of which I am not, just armchair amateur) that such a letter is often the Islamic line-in-the-sand to another power that is the justified precursor to an all-out war with said power.

Wallace tried to question him on the letter, but the line of questioning focused on why Ahmadinejad thought Bush didn't answer him. Give me an absolute break! The question should have been, is this a declaration of war against America. We know he is at war with us, but I would have loved to see his actual answer to said question.

Which leads me to my second concern. Ahmadinejad never answered the question when Wallace asked what he thought about the American people. This is important.

When asked what he thought of the administration, he was clear that he despised Bush. Plus the letter itself was aimed at Bush. That leads me to believe Ahmadinejad may attempt to assassinate Bush.

Far fetched? Did you know that Ahmadinejad was in charge of Iranian black-ops during the Iran-Iraq war during the 80's, specifically tasked with the planning of assassinations?

If he had answered the question on what he thought of the American people, his answer would have been very telling as to the extent he would go in any attack on the U.S.

If he said he thought the civilian population was good, just misguided by Bush, then I suspect he would limit his actions against the government itself and military targets. But if his opinion of the U.S. citizenry (which he has echoed as The Great Satan) is just as bad, then I would add credence to the concern that he would love to support massive WMD attacks on our and our allies' soils.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a very intelligent person, but holds some extreme views.

I haven't had the chance to watch the interview, but will keep my eyes out.

JbT

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I know Glen Beck thinks hes the Devil, or maybe just an "islamic extremist".

Any way you cut it, if you do any research on this man you will know he has a great hate for Isreal, and the USA mixed with that... the Zionists.

His administration basically allowed a week long event in the news papers after the "muslim cartoon" deal last year where the papers had a contest to see who could come up with the best cartoon that denied the holocaust. Something along these lines at least.

Its been reported in other articles Ive read here and there that he truely belives he has the power, or is in the time, to bring on the end times. He belives the Hidden Imam is close.

Along with this. I truely belive he has the mentality that the world will soon unite as one under Islam, either by force, or by end of time events. I have a good feeling that even if the take over of Islam is not in the near future, that old Ahmadinejad is doing all he can to keep the indoctrination of his people and other Islamist around the world for their eventual attempt at "take over".

IMO, Islam he been working to "take-over" for many many hundreds of years and fullfill their prophecys, and Ahmadinejad is just another leader driving this religious goal.

top topics

join