It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whinners Of The World...Unite.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Thank you, people. Thank you for your support. It gets frustrating to come home and read what a nut i am for believing certain things.

I'm sorry, i didnt want a drama event. This place means so much to me, and i do have a lot of friends here.

ValHall, I appreciate a hug from you. Thank you.
Marg, I love you, and i know what you mean about the latin temper.

Niteboy, Thanks for your undying support-love you too.
Twitchy- Thanks for being there for me

Thanks to all the rest.

Maybe Val is right, maybe i have too much stress. I just started a new job and i'm very tired.

To the rest of you out there who keep breaking the rules here by insulting people, and name calling, i urge you to please stop. Things are going to get much worse before they get better....and when you oppose what others say, you should debate them, ask why they feel a certain way, etc., instead of coming out swinging and ridiculing people. It would make for a nicer community.

One more thing worth mentioning: I have nobody to talk about these things to. I have lots of friends and family but none care to discuss anything we post on these boards. No one i know is interested in any world events to the point they would want to discuss it. So, yes, this is why i come here, to be with people of like minds and people willing to discuss issues. ATS is very important to me, as you can see.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by dgtempe]

DG.. you know I enjoy your post .. and I really do hate to have to go half and half with you but...

Last I checked this was a debate forum.. not a post your opinion so all who read it will comply with your view on the world forum..

Besides isnt it more interesting to have to debate your views? I find the most heated, most intriguing, most passionate debates are the ones I really care about, the ones I check up on every time I log into ATS. Those debates, the fighting for your cause should either enlighten you into another prospective or solidify your views and re-affirm your true beliefs. Do not discourage passionate debates on ATS, it would be a lot less interesting here if we lost them.

I will agree that the personal attacks have risen lately.. I know because I have been asked by a Mod to control my temper in just the past week, and I agree that I nor any one else should resort to name calling and are normally caught up in the moment and would not have done so other wise. Don't be so sensitive about it, just understand not every one is DG and will not think like you, ignore anyone who attacks you.

your views on the Gov, on the way things are going, the dark unlit path we as a civilization are now meandering through are the thoughts of the many here on ATS Dg, so many more agree we are in a declining era as of now, entering more bloodshed every day, watching our rights stripped from us.. God knows what will be next. I do not see many attacking you for this, most here being conspiratories would agree. They may not agree though when you go off on far left radical or pure "Bush bashing" post, which you do sometimes, it is ok to think that way but not ok to think every one will agree. Not everyone here is Liberal, it is pretty even. I am glad to see that here on ATS the view that our Gov may have inflicted mock wars, fake terror plots, and conducted 9/11 is evenly bipartisan.

Take it easy Dg, let your voice be heard and be happy your allowed to voice it, and know that even if the people who agree with you do not reply and speak up in unicision, many agree with you, many take what you say to heart, and many will disagree, and know that is fine.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just to let you know tempe, your not alone

And as many have said.. ignore the negative(as seemingly impossible as that appears.)

I got your back girl

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm with you, and I too am crazy!

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi Sweetie!

Just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better today about the whole whining thing. You are a bright spot on this board, one that brings some light to the darkness and gloom that exists in the world.

You're important here. And you are loved by many. You have a lot of important things to say.

I don't want to feed a drama event, but I wanted to let you (and everyone) know what I think. Just let the crap roll off your back.
That's what I do (Well, mostly)

Hugs...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
BH,

Thanks. Drama event
I know it sounds like one...Its just a reminder that we should be civil inspite of our disagreements. I like to be treated as i treat others, that's all.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Most of the time i have very tough skin, thank goodness

[edit on 15-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I try not to call whiney people whiney, because I like to bitch as much as any other person on here. I may be obnoxious, but I'm not that much of a dullard, yet.
There are thing on this site that get me so pissed I can't even think, just start foaming at the mouth and snarling.
Everyone has those types of issues, otherwise we wouldn't be here. We come here because we can't rant irl without having people trying to lock us up on the funny farm, for just having a bad case of opinionitis.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Rockpuck,

I love ya, but you miss the point i think. Being called a whiner doesnt seem too offensive, but i've had two weeks of constand rudeness and that is not acceptable.
Sure i love to debate. That's what this forum is here for. To debate as humans and not as animals. There's a difference.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Drama event

I was talking about the example you gave.
Not this thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
BH,

Here we go.. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEANT.......

JUST KIDDING.......

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
DG, are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?

What you are feeling is what a lot of other people are feeling right now, because truth be told we are sick. And it is going to take a lot more screaming, temper tantrums, and immature bellyaching to come to grips with the reality. But we do have you, and you do have us, and there are more out there, many, many more. So I send a *hug* to you through the light fibers of cyberspace from my CPU to yours, a thank you for being yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dg, I'm sure you feel that whatever has happened to you lately is unacceptable. And though I haven't had the pleasure of following all of the threads where you've been active, I'd like to share my point of view in this matter.

And btw, this post isn't nessecarily directed at you, but rather the general subject of this thread.

I'd say many if not most really active members have no doubt now and again felt attacked or had comments thrown at them that could be considered over the top.

That's what happens particularly when partaking in dicussions on subjects that actually matters to people.

IMO, ats/pts/bts is run really well and quite tightly by the staff as it is. And while at times there are posts not complying with the T&C's slipping through, I'd hate to see the board losing its edge by stiffening the rules too tightly.

I also seriously doubt there is more hostility around here than ever. I certainly haven't noticed it. In my experience thus far, it comes and goes.

But if one truly feel offended though no rules have been violated and find it difficult to retort, then do something else for a while and come back later or ignore that thread all together. I would also argue some of us need to grow some thicker skin or keep away from the really heated debates.

At least that's the way I see it. No offense intended.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Oh, i agree.

I feel a little foolish and wish i could take the thread back. Boo hoo hoo, poor little old me.....
I can laugh at it now, but a couple of days ago, it really bothered me. But you're right. My skin isnt as tough as i thought it was...But i shall overcome and be alright. The Rudinskis have always been here.....so what set me off??

I'm going to sue the government for making me a spineless jellyfish..They did this to me. Time to go get some meds, i suppose. I wonder if i should just tell the Doc to send the bill to the White House? Surely, Bush would understand about the need to take drugs.

I will be fine. I am fine.

Think i'll go wrestle me a gator.

DGtempe is FINE. See? I'm ok. I had a weak moment or two where people got to me...next time instead of leaving the thread, i will give it right back. That'll learn them....You dont mess around with the DG.

Thank you all for making me see the light- and now- i hope this thread dies a fast death.

And *HUGS* to you all. I love you

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
dg, what are you whining about this time?

Did all those huggie-huggies make you feel all better? Guess what- they were lying. They only said that to make you stop whining!

Just kidding, dear. Don't take things too seriously - after all, this is only ATS.

Oh yeah, I forgot: Huggie-huggie smoochie-smoochie.

Edit to add affection.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thanks, Jsobecky, it appears i have turned into a drama queen.

Why'd ya bring this thread back? As one whiner to another, you know i love ya

As someone put it, one day i want world peace, the next day i fly off the handle on

another thread posting nothing but nonsense.

Its the government, i tell ya....i've been implanted with something......strange.....but i shall overcome it all and be back to my old self.

Love & peace and thanks for piping in.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
DG, in all honesty you have always been a shining star in the ATS night sky.
Rise above the critics and the headhunters. You are entitled to respect as we all are. Your dignity and honesty is intact so carry on regardless. I relish reading your posta as I am sure do many others. Don't let them grind you down.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What a beautiful thing to say. Thank you so much. I appreciate and respect you too.

There comes a time in people's life when they have bad moments and thus react in mean ways...which is what i did, and i should never have. I said some mean things and got some BAD feedback. I asked for it. I appreciate all my friends here and treasure them all as my dear friends. I got called what i deserved.
Oh well, i cant take it back but i can get over my anger and try to make it better.

Thank you, Anglo..you made my day.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I kind of know what you mean, all too often I have voiced an opinion or a website (not debating), only to have someone tear it down- even when I intened that post to be informative and helpful to the discussion. It can be soo annoying when you really just want to contribute.

I have done similar things, I am not denying this, hopefully I have changed! If not feel free to ignore me

Oh.. nearly forgot. Huggie huggie!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join