It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I pose a hypothetical question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If the American Revolution had its roots in the idea of "no taxation without representation," would the america of today be able to employ the same argument in bringing about political and economic change?

I considered this at work today in light of the fact that most people (perhaps I am giving the people too much credit) tend to see their government as nothing more than puppets to the greed and deep pockets of the business and banking elite. This means that elected officials are not representing the will of the people as a whole, but rather the will of the few. Well, any opinions?

[edit on 14-8-2006 by BennyHill]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I considered this at work today in light of the fact that most people (perhaps I am giving the people too much credit) tend to see their government as nothing more than puppets to the greed and deep pockets of the business and banking elite. This means that elected officials are not representing the will of the people as a whole, but rather the will of the few. Well, any opinions?

?? Giving who too much credit? Most people have no idea what is really going on. Yes....politicians are representing the scum bag Cabals (for the most part).

No taxation without representation?.....there's a hell of a lot more going on than just tax. There is representation, but most of it is lies. There are a very small amount of blood-suckers out there that have most of the money and rule most of the world. What does taxation without representation have to do with that? How about money without representation? Money created out of thin air....and then loaned to all kinds of countries including the USA.

Something serious needs to happen to bring about political and economic change.....I'm not sure there is any group out there more powerful than the FED, the TC, the CFR, Bildebergers....etc....etc......

We need to go back to a barter system instead of a credit system. But, who has the power to institute such a change? JFK tried to put a stop to the FED...and look what happened to him.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

?? Giving who too much credit? Most people have no idea what is really going on. Yes....politicians are representing the scum bag Cabals (for the most part).

No taxation without representation?.....there's a hell of a lot more going on than just tax. There is representation, but most of it is lies. There are a very small amount of blood-suckers out there that have most of the money and rule most of the world. What does taxation without representation have to do with that? How about money without representation? Money created out of thin air....and then loaned to all kinds of countries including the USA.

Something serious needs to happen to bring about political and economic change.....I'm not sure there is any group out there more powerful than the FED, the TC, the CFR, Bildebergers....etc....etc......

We need to go back to a barter system instead of a credit system. But, who has the power to institute such a change? JFK tried to put a stop to the FED...and look what happened to him.

I meant giving the average person too much credit by assuming that they are hip to the b.s. that is being forced upon them and the fact that their elected officials are accessories to those crimes.

I am in agreement that there are "blood-suckers" out there that are dictating everything, but the first step for positive change is through a government that is truly "...of the people, for the people and by the people." Knowing that no longer exists, could we play the same game as the folks during the revolution by putting in place a truly representive government that would dissolve the FED, wipe our debt clean, and finally get rid of the already illegal income tax?

[edit on 14-8-2006 by BennyHill]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

the first step for positive change is through a government that is truly "...of the people, for the people and by the people." Knowing that no longer exists, could we play the same game as the folks during the revolution by putting in place a truly representive government that would dissolve the FED, wipe our debt clean, and finally get rid of the already illegal income tax?

Do you honestly think we can ever again have a government that is "of the people, for the people and by the people?"

How would we put a government in place that would dissolve the FED? If so, how? Wipe our debt clean? How? Get rid of income tax? How?

Believe me, I am all for it...but again, look what happened to JFK when he tried to rock that big boat. Who has the power to overthrow the FED? The TC? The CFR? The Bildebergers? Etc.....Seriously...who??

You are talking about Cabals that have Trillions of dollars at their fingertips.....Did you see my post on another thread (my thread about the TC and CFR) about what happened to the reporter that asked then Governor Dubya about when the FED and CFR are going to be shut down because they are the root cause of the problems of the US?....check it out......see what speaking out against these Cabals does for a person........

Peace!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

the first step for positive change is through a government that is truly "...of the people, for the people and by the people." Knowing that no longer exists, could we play the same game as the folks during the revolution by putting in place a truly representive government that would dissolve the FED, wipe our debt clean, and finally get rid of the already illegal income tax?

Do you honestly think we can ever again have a government that is "of the people, for the people and by the people?"

How would we put a government in place that would dissolve the FED? If so, how? Wipe our debt clean? How? Get rid of income tax? How?

Believe me, I am all for it...but again, look what happened to JFK when he tried to rock that big boat. Who has the power to overthrow the FED? The TC? The CFR? The Bildebergers? Etc.....Seriously...who??

You are talking about Cabals that have Trillions of dollars at their fingertips.....Did you see my post on another thread (my thread about the TC and CFR) about what happened to the reporter that asked then Governor Dubya about when the FED and CFR are going to be shut down because they are the root cause of the problems of the US?....check it out......see what speaking out against these Cabals does for a person........

Peace!

I just read that post and and it is not terribly surprising. I am equally upset about these things as you; I am just curious to find out exactly what options are plausable to make a change. What I initially inquired was simply a thought I had today and thought if it were possible if such a simple concept that was rooted deeply in our history could be used as a rallying cry once more to overcome the obstacles facing the country. I really only see two viable options to bring about the change: using what little bit of our democratic system still exists to push people into office who will work for the many as opposed to the few, or, violence. Are either of these feasible in any way at all? Or, are we to simply sit back and accept the world for what it is?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I really only see two viable options to bring about the change: using what little bit of our democratic system still exists to push people into office who will work for the many as opposed to the few, or, violence. Are either of these feasible in any way at all? Or, are we to simply sit back and accept the world for what it is?

Your first choice is tough...because the candidate could easily just lie to get into office and then do whatever he or she wants once in office. What candidate hasn't lied to get into office?

Your second choice is obviously a tough one. Some people think the only thing that could possibly bring change is another Civil War!! And....in that scenario, who will have the most money to buy weapons??

Are we, the ones who want change, supposed to take donations from poor working slobs like ourselves, while the Cabals create their own money and buy whatever weapons they need from all over the world and also have other nations as their allies by throwing billions upon billions of dollars at them??

Sounds to me like this would be a scenario welcomed by the Cabals......it would be an easy way for them to round up those who oppose them and get rid of them!!

top topics

join