It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the 9/11 Conspiracy mean so much to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yes, another thread challenging the very grounds you all stand on.. I stand prepared for my future "reaming".

Ok, seriously..

Why does the implication of the government being involved in the 9/11/01 Terrorist Attacks mean so much to you?

Now, I'm not one of the sheeple that's completely ignorant to the facts of September. I did my research, even debated with you guys in the past, then quickly moved on. I sat on the fence the entire ordeal.. still do.. sorta.

At first it was hard for me to stop my quest for the truth. I spent so much time pouring over information that at times I found myself researching structure engineering. I poured every minute of my time trying to explain what I saw happen that day. I read reports, claims, reviewed pictures and video, contacted fire departments in the New York area. I debated with likeminded people on ATS for over a year regarding the onslaught of information we had on the entire day. I would often change my views and idealogies on a regular basis depending on my particular study.

It was really hard watching those videos.

And still is.

People died. There's no taking that back. But in all seriousness, if the government hasn't admitted involvment by now, and 5 years of research by some of the smartest people in the world hasn't found an inkling of rock solid evidence leading to involvment..

.. do you really think it's still there? If you ain't found it by now, you ain't gonna find it. If the government was somehow involved, they've had 5 years to cover their tracks. And apparently, anyone that's "worth a damn" won't talk.

So why do you keep looking?

Self Satisfaction?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Because it smells fishy.

Self Satisfaction?

Not at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm sick of flag sucking Americans who find it too easy to accept what the media tells them and say I'm Anti American...I dont understand that, seeing how are nation is built on or ability questioning are system of government and what they tell us

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
43 years on and people are still investigating the JFK assassination. Has there been any result? Any proof of whodunnit? No.

11 years later and there is so much wrong with the OKC Murrah Building bombing, including a top US military ordinance expert who was on-site and states categorically that there were explosives set in the building which took down internal columns, and including the fact that zero ATF and FBI agents turned up for work in the building that morning, but has anyone come forward to blow the whistle? Is there any solid proof to be found on the Internet? No.

Seriously, what do you expect Internet discussion and analysis of photos and video to produce apart from endless, polarised debate? But that's not the point. The point is that there are enough unanswered questions about the events of that day to seriously warrant further inquiry, and what I believe should be the ultimate goal of all this fuss is to commission a truly independent, thorough, and transparent investigation. Anything else is just noise.

The investigation into 9/11 advances with baby steps, and every few months something interesting pops up on the Internet, such as the video of molten metal pouring from the corner of WTC2, but there's a limit to what can be achieved via this medium. If you can't agree that there are questions which deserve further investigation, then you haven't been paying attention. But if you're looking for some indisputable evidence of foul deeds or closure for the official story on the Internet, then you're pipe-dreaming.

Somewhere in between the official fairytale and the nuttiest theories lies the truth, and as Valhall put it so nicely, it's sitting there, immovable, waiting for us to come and find it. Standing on either end trying to pull the truth in either direction is for deluded fools. The hardcore, never-concede-anything debunkers continue the debate because it entertains them and makes them feel superior. The hardcore, defend-everything conspiracy theorists continue the debate for exactly the same reasons. Think about that for a sec. But both these groups are hindering the discovery of the truth far more than they will ever help it.

[edit on 2006-8-14 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
911 was first important to me because I wanted to understand the "big picture" of how we got to that point. I wanted to understand what the record showed. So my first avenue into researching 911 was not to research the events of the day - which were symptoms of a condition - but to research the almost 100 years leading up to it - which could be referred to as the "geopolitical alcoholism" that caused the condition in the first place.

So I wrote my "Flight to 911" series and learned that if any given person tried to blame what happened completely on one group (extremist religious Islam, the Jews, or the U.S. government) they were either embracing ignorance, or intentionally lying. Because it wasn't one single person or group's fault. It's the entire developed world's fault; from the British empire to the French to the Russians, to the pathetic U.S. foreign policy, to the way the Jews used population and encroachment, to the utter vitriolic nature of extremist Islam. It's all of that.

But then I got interested in the events of the day, beginning with just arguing against "bad science" statements made about this or that. When I moved from just trying to argue when some one said something utterly ridiculous from a science standpoint and started researching the 911 Commission report and the NIST report, I found that both lack in areas. "The most exhaustive investigation in U.S. History", as Ashcroft described it in the days just following 9/11, culminated in a less than satisfactory report. So now I just try to assist whomever in whatever discussion is going on by providing data - no matter which side it falls on. Because to me, the importance is not what any given one of us "believe happened", but to get to what "did happen"...and the only way I can insure I am helping that occur is to research with no bias, and then share the facts I find.

So - that's why it has become important to me. As wecomeinpeace stated above, there is this apparent need for certain individuals on BOTH SIDES to muddy the waters in these discussions. I hate muddy waters. The only way to clean things up is to just keep finding the facts (as best as we can), and sharing them.

[edit on 8-14-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
43 years on and people are still investigating the JFK assassination. Has there been any result? Any proof of whodunnit? No.

11 years later and there is so much wrong with the OKC Murrah Building bombing, including a top US military ordinance expert who was on-site and states categorically that there were explosives set in the building which took down internal columns, and including the fact that zero ATF and FBI agents turned up for work in the building that morning, but has anyone come forward to blow the whistle? Is there any solid proof to be found on the Internet? No.

Seriously, what do you expect Internet discussion and analysis of photos and video to produce apart from endless, polarised debate? But that's not the point. The point is that there are enough unanswered questions about the events of that day to seriously warrant further inquiry, and what I believe should be the ultimate goal of all this fuss is to commission a truly independent, thorough, and transparent investigation. Anything else is just noise.

The investigation into 9/11 advances with baby steps, and every few months something interesting pops up on the Internet, such as the video of molten metal pouring from the corner of WTC2, but there's a limit to what can be achieved via this medium. If you can't agree that there are questions which deserve further investigation, then you haven't been paying attention. But if you're looking for some indisputable evidence of foul deeds or closure for the official story on the Internet, then you're pipe-dreaming.

Somewhere in between the official fairytale and the nuttiest theories lies the truth, and as Valhall put it so nicely, it's sitting there, immovable, waiting for us to come and find it. Standing on either end trying to pull the truth in either direction is for deluded fools. The hardcore, never-concede-anything debunkers continue the debate because it entertains them and makes them feel superior. The hardcore, defend-everything conspiracy theorists continue the debate for exactly the same reasons. Think about that for a sec. But both these groups are hindering the discovery of the truth far more than they will ever help it.

I think this is an amazing post, I've never read something that hit the nail as clearly on the head as this does. This is what the uneducated/staunch official story supporters need to understand..

"Seriously, what do you expect Internet discussion and analysis of photos and video to produce apart from endless, polarised debate? But that's not the point. The point is that there are enough unanswered questions about the events of that day to seriously warrant further inquiry, and what I believe should be the ultimate goal of all this fuss is to commission a truly independent, thorough, and transparent investigation."

I'm sick of people shouting for proof and evidence to a THEORY! How stupid do you have to be to not understand that it's a theory BECAUSE of lack of overwhelming evidence. The point of these theories isn't to proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's to calculate the evidence differently based on facts, supported conclusions, and sketchy details, mixed in with a little critical thinking.

If I could vote a moderate way above it would be you, nicely done.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by BrokenVisage]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Probably in hopes of light this will be a domino effect that will cause a critical puncture wound in today's politics/world powers, and give birth to change. It's a hopeful goal so I support it. But the conspiracy to me opened up my eyes a lot for me, especially leading me henceforth to Abovetopsecret.com and finding out more than that.

It doesn't exactly mean the world to me, but it's definately worth the shot.

Welcomeinpeace summed it up though, nice post man.

top topics

join