It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Hurricanes?

page: 1

join
share:
DSO

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Seems to me that this atlantic hurricane season has been somewhat quite so far. I heard ont he news this morning about this, and they are saying this is "nothing strange" in an overly active hurricane year. But I think they are wrong. It would seem that we would have at least a hurricane by now, and a few more tropical storms.

Perhaps the increased heating of the ocean due to the lack of storms is going to cause stronger storms later on in the season??? Or perhaps they were wrong about this being another overly active year?

I would like to hear your opinion on this.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They probably dont know, remember they have trouble prediciting weather, how are they going to tell us exactly when hurricanes are coming.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted by DSO

Seems this Atlantic hurricane season has been quite. I heard this morning they are saying this is "nothing strange" in an overly active hurricane year. I think they are wrong. It seems we would have at least a hurricane by now, and a few more tropical storms. Perhaps the increased heating of the ocean due to the lack of storms is going to cause stronger storms later on in the season? Or perhaps they were wrong about this being another active year? I would like to hear your opinion on this. [Edited by Don W]

I live in Jacksonville FL and have more than a passing interest in hurricanes. I live in an apartment house and the management requires us to have a kit ready to go. Well, they don’t actually inspect my quarters but they give us a list of items we should have in a bag ready 24/7. We also are invited to an annual Hurricane Class where people explain the various evacuation procedures we need to be aware of. If the governor or mayor declares a Hurricane Emergency, then, it is almost like martial law. We no longer have options. We are obliged to follow instructions.

I am pleasantly surprised to have seen so few tropical depressions which often lead into hurricanes. I have no idea why that is. It is certainly as hot here as any recent year. None will suit me fine.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Take it from someone who lives in Florida...positive thoughts everyone! Send out all that positive energy and make this year calm for all of us who are still recovering from last year and the year before.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A friend in Punta Gorda lost his pre-mfg home in '04. I was surprised to learn his replacement home cost $130,000 plus installation. Wow! He sent me a pic via email in ‘04 and his lot was bare! I’ve not been to Punta Gorda, but I suppose if you like pre-mfg housing, it’s ok. For me, I hear a pre-mfg house may weigh in at 30,000-40,000 pounds but a 6 room frame house may weight 80,000 lbs. That extra weight can make a difference when you’re talking wind.

new topics

top topics

join