It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - Creation 'rabble rabble rabble'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

interest in debunking God
Is that what you think the motivation of people who study evolution is? That they decide someone needs to debunk god, and that the best way to do that is to study biology??

Yes acctually, because evolutionists dont acknowledge God. The fact you support evolution debunks God unless you state otherwise. Studying biology and turning it into an answer for everything to replace God.. yes?

by exploiting the wonders of the world
Why do you consider the investigation of nature an exploitation?

Basing the 'Theory' of evolution starting from bacteria to small animal to large animal without proof is exploiting the wonders.. Might aswell slap slap a sticker over ur face saying "i was a monkey 5 million years ago"

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry if I'm not actually contributing to this discussion, but I was wondering something and this seems like a good place to ask without brining back an older thread. Just as a disclaimer: I am not attacking or attempting to disprove science/evolution in any way, I simply have an honest inquiry.

If I remember the basics that I was taught on genetics and evolution correctly, every lifeform has pre-built set of instructions within their DNA passed down from the last generation, which forms their physical characteristics and gives them basic survival instincts. These instructions adapt to their environment as time passes and there is the occasional mutation every (I don't know how many years). This is in it's most basic form "evolution" (please correct me if I am wrong). Well one thing I don't really get is where did these instructions start, where did they come from, how did life in itself start? Is "life" itself believed to be a living force, or is there some unseen and currently unexplained force that drives evolution. I remember that two of something combined to form the first single celled lifeform, but I guess the question would be "how was it known to do this and how did it go from there without some sort of intelligent motivation." Again this is not a statement saying "if you can't explain this then it must be wrong," just trying to get a better grasp on things.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fennek77
Yes acctually, because evolutionists dont acknowledge God. The fact you support evolution debunks God unless you state otherwise. Studying biology and turning it into an answer for everything to replace God.. yes?

No it doesn't. Theres nothing saying that Evolution may have been God's will. Perhaps he planted to seeds of the universe, and allowed it to evolve and grow? Nothing in evolution debunks god, and if you think it does, it just prooves that you have a shakey and unsolid faith in your religion.

Basing the 'Theory' of evolution starting from bacteria to small animal to large animal without proof is exploiting the wonders.. Might aswell slap slap a sticker over ur face saying "i was a monkey 5 million years ago"

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
somedude,

The theory goes as best I remember my Evolutionary Biology class in college; "A random electrical charge, or some other power source, was introduced into an equally random collection of chemicals, thus causing the first spark of what we know as life."

As far as the originator of the thread goes, I believe it happened to someone before me, but my eyes are now bleeding as well.....

Semper

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well the first portion of this thread's responses were basically saying God cant exist with evolution..

I think we need to discuss more on this subject that God may have created evolution with the intention of allowing life to grow itself

[edit on 13-8-2006 by fennek77]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
somedude,

The theory goes as best I remember my Evolutionary Biology class in college; "A random electrical charge, or some other power source, was introduced into an equally random collection of chemicals, thus causing the first spark of what we know as life."

As far as the originator of the thread goes, I believe it happened to someone before me, but my eyes are now bleeding as well.....

Semper

Why is everyone ripping on me?
the above is very good, this is the sort of stuff im after.. Its better than the initial arguements

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
please tell me you didn't just discount evolution with that wildly ignorant 'logic' of yours.

if you pay attention to the changes in one generation, parent to child, and apply that over hundreds of millions of years, it's quite clear that evolution is a viable process for the rise of humanity. furthermore, mutations in a species arise quit often - if the mutation is beneficial to survival, then that member of the species can breed more effectively as it lives longer, and pass its genes on to it's children. simple genetics is more than enough proff for the validity of evolution.

if you choose to think that some mystical Dungeon Master of a god rolled some dice and created the universe in a period of 7 days, that's your perogative, but please leave the teaching of our children to individuals who actually think outside of what they're told.

hmm good response. Evolution is possible, but not as likely as creation - simple.
I dont believe in some creation story that lines up next to those of indigenous australians
i accept the idea of God, but i dont follow a religion.

Your right, its easier to give children an answer that sinks in right away. Its harder to teach them they arent the center of the universe

Whats easier isnt always what is right

First I want to express to all fellow ATSers and to ALL of humanity that I here by declare this the most freaking ignorant thread I have EVER read!!!

Honestly your little history of evolution simply proves you either don't understand it. or you don't WANT to understand it. And not wanting to understand is very possible, because if you believe one day out of nothing a god, though which god? Your god? The god no one worshiped for half the creatinist earth life span? right.. If you believe that, then you will never attempt to understand Evolution, which is pure ignorance.

Evolution still takes part to this very day, we are always finding new species of plants and animals.. do you think god is walking around the rain forest deciding he didn't like that ugly colored butterfly il make a new red one! With slightly different wings mm yes that would be nice..

If you actually beilive that maybe your god should spend more time preventing war, famine and the ever evolving (OOppss.. I ment ever being created by a peace ful god) bacteria and viruses inflicting death on this planet instead of inventing newly colored butterflies. But what do I know right, I only trust men of science over a 2,000 year old book of stories.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yes acctually, because evolutionists dont acknowledge God.

Because there is not such as thing as God.

The fact you support evolution debunks God unless you state otherwise. Studying biology and turning it into an answer for everything to replace God.. yes?

Of course it debunks God. Why shouldn't it? if you think the Christian God is the only true God, because it happens to be your religion, then you have just insulted millions who are not Christians and billions of non-Christians that lived in the past.

From your posts, it seems you have a problem accepting you're not the center of the universe.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i give up, i dont care any more

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Masterep, thanks for writing that big response, but i couldnt care less.. evolutionists saying God is still real, then some saying God isnt, everyones focusing their responses on me and there isnt any creation suports here.

Colourful rant removed by Mod Edit

[edit on 13-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Mmmhhmmm.. And here it comes down to, religion.

Sugar coat your pseudo-science all you want, but in the end, its about not just religion, but specifically christianity. And when you can't defend your false science agenda any more, you give up, and resort to insults.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, but I thought it was an enjoyable discussion while it lasted (until some one wanted an entire life's worth of Sunday School lessons in one post
).

I'm going to go try and grow a stinger out my butt and sprout wings now.

See you sinners later!

*bzzzzzz*

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As an atheist I was fairly offended by the laughability of your post. Hard evidence > filling in the gaps with personal beliefs.

They teach what can be proven, to the highest degree. Science is not taught as "this is absolutely fact and it will never change." My biology teacher always reitterated the fact that these theories, are just that, they are theories that were developed using the best and most factual information to date.

Being brain washed. I think religion brain washes a child since birth, as they are told that God exists from day one. Subverting the minds of youth (Nevermore reference), only entails loyalty for a lifetime. We are not brain washing kids with science, they are being informed of recent findings so they may have a more rational view of the world, to the best of our knowledge. Brain washing involves informing kids of highly questionable info with no backings, in order to get them to behave and think in a certain way which lines up with your personal beliefs, hence Creationism.

*2 cents, no disrespect=)*

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There is no point engaging with creationists.

They have turned off their rational brains and adopted a superstious pathology not much more advanced than a caveman interpreting patterns in the stars.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by opensecret1150
There is no point engaging with creationists.

They have turned off their rational brains and adopted a superstious pathology not much more advanced than a caveman interpreting patterns in the stars.

Since I myself identify with the artisic abilities of early Homo Sapiens Sapiens, their reasons for entering the dark confines of caves such as Chauvin in France and am also a believer in a Creator, I am wondering how you come to such a dismissive conclusion.

Turning off your rational brain isn't neccesarily a bad thing either, IMO.

But, most of all, since you say there is no point engaging with creationists, I've got to think your reason for posting in this thread is purely trolling.

Please stay on topic and debate the issue reasonably...with civility and tact.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Mice trying to understand the schematic of a fission reactor ... that is the substance of this pointless, age old discussion.

What suprises me is how ignorant both sides of the argument are, in general. Aside from the prepostorous notion that man was created from the dirt, and women from the rib of man (in Christianity's case), there is nothing in religion that explicity opposes natural selection. Likewise, evolution clearly does not state that there isn't a higher power. Scientists who use Charles Darwin as a reference to refute "God" are just as ignorant as priests who say that evolution is impossible because the Earth has only been around for some 5000 years.

Evolution is just the progression of species, nothing more, nothing less. Science still doesn't have an explanation for what exactly caused those amino acids and bacteria to come together to form life.

I will weep from joy when the average human finally realizes that, just as arithmitic and geometry, though seemingly alien to eachother, are in fact connected, so too is the metaphysical, and the physical.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
semper, you'll notice that the only thing i refused to accept was the absolute creationist theory. ifully acknowledge that god may have created the universe, and that he may exist - but 7 days is beyond any kind of possibility with the evidence we have gathered to the contrary.

i'm a staunch agnostic, but there's certain things i refuse to believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok ive relaxed, i had something to eat.. Now sit back and please be patient while i counter every comment you guys have made, and please can new people stop jumping in whilst im trying to pwnt some evolutionists?

Bare with me

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Mmmhhmmm.. And here it comes down to, religion.

Sugar coat your pseudo-science all you want, but in the end, its about not just religion, but specifically christianity. And when you can't defend your false science agenda any more, you give up, and resort to insults.

I get frustrated trying to debate something i believe in yet the people i am talking with dont practise religion on any scale. So what am i doing? Im argueing with 5-6 people about their beliefs in favor of my own.. of course its annoying, but ive got to do some research to sink that page long list of questions from the other guy

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha_omega
As an atheist I was fairly offended by the laughability of your post. Hard evidence > filling in the gaps with personal beliefs.

They teach what can be proven, to the highest degree. Science is not taught as "this is absolutely fact and it will never change." My biology teacher always reitterated the fact that these theories, are just that, they are theories that were developed using the best and most factual information to date.

Being brain washed. I think religion brain washes a child since birth, as they are told that God exists from day one. Subverting the minds of youth (Nevermore reference), only entails loyalty for a lifetime. We are not brain washing kids with science, they are being informed of recent findings so they may have a more rational view of the world, to the best of our knowledge. Brain washing involves informing kids of highly questionable info with no backings, in order to get them to behave and think in a certain way which lines up with your personal beliefs, hence Creationism.

*2 cents, no disrespect=)*

I was an athiest about 12 months ago and that stretched back to the point when my fathers ghoulish g/f forced me to be baptised, ever since then, up until last year i have been opposed to the church forcing their belief upon children at the learning/adapting age.

The general idea im getting now is, we both believe in science and evolution, but im the only one who wants to put God in the picture? and that makes me a fool?

Further to the debate on religious propaganda.. Doesnt it help a person to establish morals, dignity, respect for all etc. ? It does, but clearly there are other ways.. ie/ parents who know how to do their job and pass on these traits
I agree that we need to present youth with an option, tell both sides of the story and say both 'may' be real, you decide and God bless, i hope they grow up to be mature minded people..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join