It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11/1/2003 - Day of Resistance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
American consular warns against major guerrilla attack in Iraqi capital over weekend. Note that tomorrow is the 6-month anniversary of war�s end. Terrorists love anniversaries.

CNN article

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was reading this article earlier...

sometimes I think that the news agencies and govm't officials just sit and wait for such anniv. to come, so that they can place these new warnings and threats and get reaction out of the public...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Terrorists love anniversaries????

I sometimes feel that it's the media who love anniversaries.I think terrorist generally take any opportunity they can but with only 365 days in a year you never know what conclusion may be drawn by your action.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Terrorists generally like to attack when it's symbolic, because they are doing in theh name of Islam. Islamic terrorists have a very high sense of honor, so they only take action when it's necessary.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
actually, most of the major terrorist events have taken place on days where there has not been a major event. The last major terrorist event against the US on an anniversary was the Oklahoma City bombing, and that was on Patriots day, something few celebrate. Mistaking terrorists as stupid is dangerous, they are smart, they want to catch us off guard and that means attacking on a day where security willl be low

join