It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does truth/light hurt faith?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If light is true which is opposite of faith how can both be right?

And what are your opinions on the study of light to a degree(no pun) that would harm the faith of an indivdual assuming that indivdual had faith to start with.

When does truth of the way the system work harm the system itself?

Could this world survive if everyone become well versed in light? Or would it lead to self destruction?

I guess this only goes out to the fellow well versed heretics

Is there any need for for truth of things to become exposed? Like in the christian bible for example the antichrist will trick you? DO you think this is part of the plan and in a manor he works for God? Assuming you believe that someone is versed far enough.

Next many people these days are not familar with faith or gnosis what do you think the majority of people would surcome to if they were exposed to say a preacher of truth on a grand scale? Would truth just be to tempting? If you took truth could you ever have faith again?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Truth, Light is the ultimate...

You can have faith in a booger you've kept forever... Truth and Light will show or prove you a fool.. that is it in a nutshell..

But you have to know what Truth and Light are.... it has no boundaries.. death is no boundary, murder, theft, rape... all of this is a boundary and light sees no boundaries, therefore if you are not in accordance with 'the light', meaning if you have guilt(sin) than you have a false 'faith' .. a faith in something other than what actually is...
Like Allan Watts... what is real is *CLAP*, or *BANG* (Hits desk) that is real.. The light had no judgement on me saying whether my clap was right or wrong, or hitting the desk was right or wrong.. because if it had a judgement, I would have felt bad BEFORE doing it and not done it.. thus creating that *CLAP*...

I hope this makes sense.. cuz it sure does to me.. Sorry if not.. I apologize brothers and sisters.

Now some will argue with me that people HEAR that voice (Guilt/Sin)... but disregard it.. well thats true... but that just shows our disconnection for 'the source' and 'ourselves'... and then some will argue that that voice is evil, or 'unguilty' but that evil becomes the judgement of OTHERS, not the individual..

I would liken this to this example..

There you are, in a 'space-craft'(body)... uneducated about it, you have no idea how to operate it, or even what it really is.. You see yourself going to destruction, heading into the sun... you are going to be destroyed(death)... so you panic, you percieve the situation as somewhat hopeless, unavoidable... in other words, you are heading towards a bad situation. Uneducated about the exact operations of the 'space-craft'(body) you start slamming buttons(performing certain actions), trying to 'make yourself feel good' the only problem is, you hit the wrong buttons, and you ejected the only other people aboard the 'space-craft' in other words, you were trying to help yourself.. but injured others..

[edit on 9/8/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No one can tell you the path you must walk to find the answers you seek, You must find that on your own.

Many will try and tell you the path you must walk, and if you follow the path they insist you walk then you are as dillusional as they are.

Where spirituality is involved it really is all about YOU.

I can't tell you the answer here, but I can tell you what i'ved learned along the way. We have but one true gift to share with this world, the gift of ourselves. everything else will fall away.

Focus on the love. Build your life around it. The answers to everything else will follow.

The journey that brought me to that was allot longer, but I won't bother you with the many things I learned that brought me to this.

Focus on Love, All the other answers will follow.

Love and light my friend,

wupy

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
truth is the light

everything is one.

for that matter, truth is false and light is darkness.

words cannot express the feelings you are seeking. words are futile and vague. semantics is gibberish and nothing matters but the things that make you and those around you content.

not everyone's path is light. some people's path is dark. some people's path is grey. some start with great light and fade to black. some start black and become full of light. all paths are subjective to the individual. no path can be walked by everyone in the exact same way. our fate might intertwine, they may even have common points between them, but they go in different direction sometimes. thankfuly all paths that are taken will eventually arrive at the same light beyond the tunnel, the same truth. that truth is one. that light is one. the source of all creation.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by hexrain1]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite

And what are your opinions on the study of light to a degree(no pun) that would harm the faith of an indivdual assuming that indivdual had faith to start with.

Could this world survive if everyone become well versed in light? Or would it lead to self destruction?

Is there any need for for truth of things to become exposed? Like in the christian bible for example the antichrist will trick you? DO you think this is part of the plan and in a manor he works for God? Assuming you believe that someone is versed far enough.

Next many people these days are not familar with faith or gnosis what do you think the majority of people would surcome to if they were exposed to say a preacher of truth on a grand scale? Would truth just be to tempting? If you took truth could you ever have faith again?

A cornered animal will rip your throat out.

Survival is the strongest truth their is.

Everything else is bullshi*

"There is danger in both belief and unbelief."
Phaedrus (15 BC - 50 AD)

[edit on 12-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I keep telling Masons that to Keep light for yourself is to keep others in darkness, and that there are no secrets, only the insidious practices of secrecy. Until mankind understands the inherent evils of this betrayal and we ALL come to know the light that has been hidden from the rest of the world, there can be no peace or equality. With every nod and handshake you guys perpetuate the darkness and the ignorance of the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The only faith that can be harmed by the truth is faith that is misplaced.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite

I guess this only goes out to the fellow well versed heretics

Truth and Light are the fear of our society. People fear the truth and light just hurts their eyes. Why do you think we have so many different disagreements between the sects of religion in our society?

The answer is they are either unwilling to acept pure truth or cought up in defending their own perception of what they precieve the truth to be.

The truth of the matter is their is only one difinable truth. If their wasnt then the moon would really have a man on it that was made of cheese.

O ya and the fact that humanity is utterly fearful of the "true" truth behind everything.

top topics

join