It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone put sounds of explosions coming from the towers in his new film WTC (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

It seems from this video, that Oliver Stone might be subtly questioning the official story throughout the film. As many of you know there were reports from witnesses and fire fighters that they heard bombs going off prior to the buildings collapse. At least he is taking the accounts of the day and portraying them truthfully. My guess is that if this movie was made 30 years from now we would get something more along the lines of JFK, but because it’s only been 5 years he is keeping it subliminal. He would have been crucified if he made it like JFK. I'm still sad he didn't though.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by JackHorner]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
That's not explosions, that's impacts to the top of the building they are in. I've read almost all of the official first reponder reports from the WTC. The most horrific thing for all the firefighters and police officers on the scene seemed to be the sound of the bodies impacting. Several of the first reponders described hearing repeated explosions and eventually realizing that what they were hearing was the sound of bodies impacting the sidewalk and exploding.

I would think that Mr. Stone is most likely trying to convey how disturbing that had to have been.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Looking through 9/11 photos, I've seen some pretty gruesome stuff and I wouldn't doubt that a falling body would create a pretty horrible sound (probably a very ugly thud).

Mr. Stone may very well have been trying to portray this, but I wonder what sounds they were actually using to try to recreate this (obviously they weren't actually dropping bodies and recording the sounds!), because the sound at around 1:07 in the clip above sounds awfully similar to a shotgun blast, or even a small HE detonation.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he was just adding in explosive sounds to fit the reports without regard to what the actual causes were.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Looking through 9/11 photos, I've seen some pretty gruesome stuff and I wouldn't doubt that a falling body would create a pretty horrible sound (probably a very ugly thud).

Mr. Stone may very well have been trying to portray this, but I wonder what sounds they were actually using to try to recreate this (obviously they weren't actually dropping bodies and recording the sounds!), because the sound at around 1:07 in the clip above sounds awfully similar to a shotgun blast, or even a small HE detonation.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he was just adding in explosive sounds to fit the reports without regard to what the actual causes were.

A while back I had a job where I went to the Boeing Plant in Everett, Washington and installed equipment in airliners. One day while we were waiting for our turn on the plane one of the Boeing engineers asked if I wanted to see something cool. I went with him and he took me to their destructive testing area. They had a wing spar for a 747-400 on the test stand and had just about loaded it to failure. It reached the failure point about 10 minutes after I got there with a sound that reminded me of a 1000 lb. bomb going off.

I don't buy into the controlled demolition theory on 9-11. If NIST's theory is correct, the failure of each floor's support system could have sounded like explosions. I know that Stone tries to push his own agenda in his films, but in this case I believe that the sounds belong in the film.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

If you watch the recordings made by the naudet brothers from inside the towers on the day you will hear the sounds. You are indeed correct in thinking that it would be a dull thud.

Their was a thread on this just the other day, alot of people seemed to think it was actualy the director hinting at bombs but the sounds in the video sound identical to those captured by the naudet brothers on the day.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My honest opinion is that Stone was trying to portray EVERYTHING that was happening down there during that time. It helps the moviegoer to imagine what it was like to be in that situation with all the chaos. Watching that clip for me, does just that. If he would have left out the explosions, the scene would have lost some of its "whoa".
For me, the sounds add in that extra "whoa". I get the feeling that if I was there, and kept hearing those sounds, I would have pooped my pants, seriously.

new topics

top topics

join