It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want 1% proof!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hello to all!

With this being my very first post, i thought i would start
with the first question that comes to my mind whenever
i see read or hear anything regarding aliens/ufos.

How come, since the world became aware and facinated by ufos
(myself included) we have not one shred of proof/evidence at all,
not one single tiny bit of footage that makes us go
THATS IT! THERE HERE!

but we havn't and we never have. So i ask why?
how have they managed to elude 6 billion people for centuries
without leaving behind one scrap of proof thats a dead cert?

Maybe, just maybe the reason is that they have never been here?

Toc

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You want an ETV to land in your backyard thesneakiod?
Unlikely to happend. Check the ATS forums or visit www.google.com and do some research my friend. This is where it all starts. There is some pretty darn convincing videos out there, especialy the one with the globe of lights around the astronauts filmed by the NASA

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Hello to all!

Hello! and Welcome

THATS IT! THERE HERE!

What exactly would you consider proof? There is tons of footage out there, a lot of it can be seen here.

I think some of what has been made public is genuine, it is just that there is so much B.S and so many hoaxes out there, when something is found that could be considered "dead certain" many people assume it is another hoax, due to its quality.

I wouldn't go that far, but thats just me

I hope you enjoy yourself here and welcome again!

[edit on 8/2/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

we have not one shred of proof/evidence at all,
THATS IT! THERE HERE!

This is what made me go like that, but I know anyway without any footage that they are here:
media.putfile.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Let me ask you a question. Have you ever been an ant? Imagine what an ant's "understanding" of our presence is like.

It would be ENTIRELY (IMHO) ludicrous to assume that because we have trouble observing something it does not exist. Of course, in a Locke kind of way, it is just as ludicrious to assume that it does exist.

Sanity comes from knowing what you know and what you do not know, and most people are insane.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ohh I don't want to nit pick but...

There's no such thing as 1% proof. You either have proof, or you don't. Now evidence is another story. And there's tons of evidence out there. Tons. How much evidence equals proof? That's up to you. Some evidence is good, some is bad, and some is downright false. And even with the evidence, you have to make some sort of subjective call on what it's evidence of. ET? Terrestrial? Inter-dimensional? Something we mere humans don't even have any way to conceptualize?

I don't know.

Happy questing.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There's been plenty of proof, well back to 6000BC.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

THATS IT! THERE HERE!

It's possible. Or maybe they've been here in a way that doesn't lend itself to leaving behind good artifacts.

I don't think it can be quantified as a percentage, but probably the most important and compelling evidence that UFOs are not all: 1) misidentifications of aircraft or natural phenomena, 2) hoaxes or 3) delusions, is the sheer number and quality of the reports. The reports are in the thousands, at least, worldwide, detailed and specific, and made by all kinds of people, including trained observers. And maybe all the photos are fake. Maybe.

But, come on! Occams' Razor works both ways, you know. It stretches credulity to the breaking point to suggest that every single sighting falls into at least one the categories I mentioned, and that every single UFO photo is hoaxed. Some of the people who have seen or photographed these things are honestly just too stupid to make these things up.

So I think we can agree that something weird is going on. The question is "what?" That, we don't know.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Proof...........well that depends on your definition of Proof does'nt it?

I think there is enough information available to make a decision on your own.

Do you really need an authority figure to tell you what to believe?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Right after I started lurking on this forum I watched "Out of the Blue," which was linked on a thread. I think that it offers solid proof for the skeptics. A lot of the incidences in it are from people in the military that have had these encounters in work situations. In my opinion these people stand to lose a lot more than they could possibly gain by making these claims. I believed in UFO's before watching this show but it convinced some people in my family that had been sitting on the fence.

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
1. Was the press release in Roswell not 1% proof?

2. All the witnesses over the years

3. Strange anomalies on shuttle footage.

4. Thousands if not millions of photographs and films.

Oh no sorry i forgot

1. This was a weather ballon

2. Mass hysteria

3. Ice crystals

4 All fakes

Move along theres nothing to see here

[edit on 2/8/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for your swift replies.
Im not saying that they aren't here or never have been, i just dont
see any evidence to support it. And as for the tons of footage out there,
ive become a sceptic due to the mass of hoaxes and extremely shaky
videos we've seen over the years that doesnt help matters much.

And when we do see a great clip thats clear in quality, it gets largely
put down as a piece of cgi that some kids done in his bedroom and it gets
ignored. And then you have testimonies and vivid accounts of abductions
and bad experiences with aliens, they're mostly not believed.

Nobody is pefect. Surely even ET makes a mistake once in a while.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Ohh I don't want to nit pick but...

There's no such thing as 1% proof. You either have proof, or you don't. Now evidence is another story. And there's tons of evidence out there. Tons. How much evidence equals proof? That's up to you. Some evidence is good, some is bad, and some is downright false. And even with the evidence, you have to make some sort of subjective call on what it's evidence of. ET? Terrestrial? Inter-dimensional? Something we mere humans don't even have any way to conceptualize?

I don't know.

Happy questing.

Good explaination.
The best we can do right now is either believe or not believe. I think there is more than a 1% chance , if thats what you mean, that ET's and UFO's exist, based on what i've seen. But like has been said, until they have a press conference with Bill O'Reily claiming they're not really Aliens, its all subjective.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Belgium 1989 had a wave of sightings ,They even chased one of them with f16 fighters.

There was a public enquiry, in it many high up officials including the pilot of one of the f-16s and belgiums most respected radar expert said, it was of extraterrestrial origin.

One of the best cases for OFFICIAL confirmation IMO.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks for your swift replies.
Im not saying that they aren't here or never have been, i just dont
see any evidence to support it. And as for the tons of footage out there,
ive become a sceptic due to the mass of hoaxes and extremely shaky
videos we've seen over the years that doesnt help matters much.

Heavy skepticism is the only reasonable response to this stuff. I personally think it's very important to leave the door open, not to accept something that is untenable, but to leave the door open to the idea that it's all just lies, craziness or a big misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The proof i want isnt off anybody of higher authority, i just want to see/touch/hear
for myself. maybe im just greedy for wanting that but there you go.
Roswell was so long ago that to me it feels like ancient history, what you read about
it now could and probably has been widly put through a mincer over the decades
that in modern times its original events are skewed.

And i trust that no one here works for the govement on top secret missions, no one
really knows what aircraft they could be making.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The proof i want isnt off anybody of higher authority, i just want to see/touch/hear
for myself. maybe im just greedy for wanting that but there you go.
Roswell was so long ago that to me it feels like ancient history, what you read about
it now could and probably has been widly put through a mincer over the decades
that in modern times its original events are skewed.

And i trust that no one here works for the govement on top secret missions, no one
really knows what aircraft they could be making.

I myself do not work for any government,but I think you would be surprised at some of the people who visit ATS.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Personally, I'd consider The Battle Of Los Angeles as valid evidence.

Also, official NASA footage such as STS-48 seem to show intelligent nonterrestrial flight.

Really though, it all boils down to a fellow member's (Prote's) sig., "For those that believe, no proof is necessary, for those that don't, none will suffice."

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Personally, I'd consider The Battle Of Los Angeles as valid evidence.

Also, official NASA footage such as STS-48 seem to show intelligent nonterrestrial flight.

Really though, it all boils down to a fellow member's (Prote's) sig., "For those that believe, no proof is necessary, for those that don't, none will suffice."

The nasa footage admitedly is impressive as well as the one in the link you provided.
The battle of los angels does sound a bit dodgy, remember there was a war goin on,
it might be possible that they were.... at war?
It was pitch black apparently that night, so i doubt much you could see anything
except for gunfire.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For me, I have the evidence, after seeing an object, which was been investigated by military aircraft.
And what about the carvings found in Egypt of what appear to be UFOs.
I think they have been around along time, probably longer than we have, possibly aiding the human race. They have probably advanced, as we have, maybe employing new technologies to be better hidden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join