It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats everybodies favourite music genre?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
banjochef is right, hehe... the more psychadelic works of Pink Floyd beats Mr Bungle there. Mr Bungle is more about the madness, hehe. Both great groups though. Dark Side Of The Moon is grand

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
my favourite bands ar ein my bio in my profile. They mostly fall into punk, punk/rock, punk/hardcore and hardcore. This music is well within my comfort zone, however I do not call this music 'home'. I LOVE orchestral music. I also don't mind some video game music.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Instrumentals, especially soundtracks to films....

sorry, I also like this. Most fit into my orchestral liking. Excuse double post. It's not like I am getting ATS points so it should matter.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Without a doubt my favorite genre is metal, bands like metallica, brujeria, mayhem, and dimmu borgir are the main reason for my obssession with it. Classic rock and classical music (symphony style) are the next in line for the kind of music I really like.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hardcore baby....all the way.

Bands I've seen live:

Green Day
No Doubt
Goldfinger
AFI
Authority Zero
Hot Hot Heat
Third Eye Blind
Hoobastank
Staind

So yea...hardcore, punk, metal, mindless self indulgence, white stripes, PT Grimm....anything that either rocks hardcore or sounds like nothing I've heard before.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Mindless Self Indulgence rock live, I can't wait to see them again on Dec 8th. It should be a great show.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
BUMP!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good job on the bump bandit.

I'm about the darkness. The gritty, nasty riddems. Even though I just posted it yesterday, I'm about that d&b, drum and bass. I like atmospheric styles of LTJ Bukem to chill to, but appreciate some strong technical assets the likes of which, Concord Dawn, Black Sun Empire and Technical Itch are known to play. I'm also all about the nu skool breaks (florida and UK style) like Freq. Nasty, Hybrid and Dave London.

These are my favorite genres but I'll listen to absolutely anything. My collection of CD's and MP3's is so varied I doubt you could tell what genre I appreciate the most from them. So I'll let you all know right here.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I listen to strictly DJs---no rappers. Kinda get tired of somebody screaming at me to a beat and talking about women like whores. I listen to 80s music a lto too. Much better and more fun.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
PUNKPUNKPUNKPUNKPUNKPUNKPUNK
AND NOT THAT SISSY "GOOD CHARLOTTE" OR "SIMPLE PLAN" STUFF

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ROCK baby, anything from Buddy Holly to Tool. As long as it's good. That means you can skip the 80's.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I like all genres and eras. Music is like food to me, listening to the same thing all the time is like eating the same exact food everyday.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I listen to strictly DJs---no rappers. Kinda get tired of somebody screaming at me to a beat and talking about women like whores.

A black man that disses rappers as a whole? Well, we've seen everything.

One clue-less hip hop headz here...

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hip Hop DJ's:
DJ Green Lantern
Vlad The Butcher
DJ Whoo Kid

Dance DJ's:
Tiesto
Sven Vath
Carol Cox
ATB
Ferry Corsten

Metal:
Green Day
Linkin Park
Stone Temple Pilots
Smashing Pumpkins
Soil

Soundtrack:
The Crow
Spawn: The Album
Judgement Night
Gravesend

Rap/Hip Hop:
Dayton Family
Psychodrama
Frost
Mob Axshin
Jedi Mind Tricks
Jay-Z
Big L
Big Pun
Pimp C

Garth Brooks Greatest Hits

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I grew up with 80's New Wave and Goth (the older experimental stuff ie Bauhaus/Red Lorry Yellow Lorry/Virgin Prunes/Birthday Party, not the mopie crap of the past decade) so I'll never be able to get that out of my blood. However these days it is mostly EBM (electric body music), IDM (industrial dance music) and the like. VNV Nation, although overplayed, seems to be at the top of the heap.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
No offence mysteriousbob, but anyone who would say "I'm totaly punk" or west side punk probably isn't really into punk. By the way mxpx is pop punk SH@$. I consider them along the same line as avrila lavigne or however you spell that girls name...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Oh yeah, as for me. I like punk and ska punk. I don't care what anyone says..any punk band that's had a music video or song on MTV (by choice, not have been exploited) or are frequently on the radio (again, by choice) aren't really punk. Punk isn't only a music it's a whole....ah F@# it I've said this a thousand times it never gets through. Anyway, sugar cult is not punk, nor is simple plan or any of that other bull$hit. If they sing about girls, or beaches all the time, they are not punk. By the way, maxrandom. I seriously seriously hope that the list of bands you've seen live don't fall under your categorie of hardcore punk. Oh well, as soona s punk/pop punk isn't popular anymore so many people will stop listening...argh. I #ing hate irony. A music and way started against doing things for fashion and to fit in has become one in it's own. Not fitting in has become a method of fitting in. Irony Irony

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Best concert I ever saw was Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Mainly something with an edge to it but I'll give most things a try.
Perfect Circle
Tool
System of a Down
Rage Against the Machine
P.O.D.
blink 182
Ministry
Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Linkin Park
Audio Slave
Filter
Incubus
Puddle of Mudd
House Music
Korn
Prodigy

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Most of you have probably never even HEARD of some of the stuff I like lol

Firstly, the 3 concerts I've been to:

1. Rick Springfield (My teen "it" Dude..sigghhh)
2. AC/DC
3. Arlo Guthrie (I can just hear ya all going "Huhhh ????, whozat ???)

I love anything that makes me feel good inside. It depends on the mood too.

Anything except Country. Country literally makes me sick

Music/artists that have the power to make me feel gooooooooood :

Rick Springfield (Ohhh baby)
Judas Priest
Spice Girls
Matchbox 20
Smashmouth
Frank Zappa (makes me laugh)
Duran Duran
Culture Club
Climax Blues band (I love you)
Eminem (Without Me)
Supertramp
Salt N Pepa
Journey

And probably a gazillion more I can't think of right now

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
No offence mysteriousbob, but anyone who would say "I'm totaly punk" or west side punk probably isn't really into punk. By the way mxpx is pop punk SH@$. I consider them along the same line as avrila lavigne or however you spell that girls name...

I cant stand her she's terrible she makes rock look crap.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join