It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters take to Beirut streets: Situation Spiraling Out of Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Protesters take to Beirut streets

Violent crowds have taken to the streets of Beirut to protest against the Israeli bombing campaign against Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Hundreds of angry protesters attacked the UN building in the centre of the city, pelting it with stones and smashing windows.

The violence follows the deaths of at least 40 people in an Israeli air strike in the Lebanese town of Qana.

The Lebanese prime minister has refused to meet US politician Condoleezza Rice.

More...

:shk:

I keep hoping for the best...and only see the worst...

I'm convinced this isn't going to get better...

See also: 21 children dead/40 civilians in one airstrike in Lebanon

[edit on 30-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well at least now you can pretty much say in all honesty that They definitley want to push Israel into the sea, going by that article.

hizbollah is definitely going to have a great membership drive this year. The Lebanese will never be able to disarm them without throwing themselves into a civil war now and no Lebanese in his right mind is going to risk that to satisfy the wishes of the same people who ruthlessly murdered their fellow countrymen. I don't blame them at this point.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What we can say, is that the terrorist musliums will get many more lebabize killed due to their murdering terrorist actions.

You see, this IS waht they want-YES IT IS!

They don't want to protect the lebanize-poor fools are SO SNOWED.

They actually want to see as many as possible die. WHY?

It justifies THEIR terrorists activities and they can point to the destruction of terrorists and their equipment being distroyed, even though the terrorists put their murderies and weapons of death in

CIVILIAN schools-now a target
Civilian business-now a target
Civilian mosks-now a target
Civilian homes-now a target
Civilian apartments-now a target

You must understand, lebanon is only the catalist that the terrorists are using to creat a wider war to try to do what their Iranian master tell them to do-we all remember the Iran pres-we will wipe Israel off the map-Israel and her allies and anyone who is not an emeny of her will perish of a firy hell-sure nuke program is peacemfull_LOLOL

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The balance of the "Arab Street" ? Oh, they can't be protesting... it's not on TV. Qana v2.0 will change this one would hope... how can the MSM go all "ostrich" on this? Hmmm, didn't the Hiltler Nazi's have a similar "control" on media content? Who are the current "Reich-marshals" of this main stream media weapons system?
I hazard that many know and more suspect these story-tellers for who and what they are.

Ever smelled a dead human that is in putrifactive or liquifactive transition? Ever seen maggots wriggling and growing out of a dead child's face? Such things cannot cannot be adequately expressed in words or propylacticly avoided by peppermint oil under the nose... such things are the "indelible ink" of those with morals. Never forget.

Victor K.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Rice cancels trip to Beirut

Lebanon officials told U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice Sunday they would not meet with her until the 19-day-old Israeli offensive ends.

Lebanese officials said Rice, who was to have flown to Beirut Sunday afternoon, was informed of the decision after an Israeli airstrike killed more than 65 civilians, mostly women and children, in the southern Lebanon village of Qana, CNN reported.

Speaking in Israel, Rice confirmed she would not go to Beirut and said it was "time for a cease fire."

A U.S. official in Washington said the cancellation of the trip was "unfortunate," CNN reported.

More...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
You must understand, lebanon is only the catalist that the terrorists are using to creat a wider war to try to do what their Iranian master tell them to do-we all remember the Iran pres-we will wipe Israel off the map-Israel and her allies and anyone who is not an emeny of her will perish of a firy hell-sure nuke program is peacemfull_LOLOL

Yeah you think Iranian master, but in reality there is one tiny little insignificant country in the Middle East that wishes to be the master and thats about it.

Its funny the only people ever to be caught on actual video for having an underccover Nuke program was Israel thanks to Mordechai Venunnu, and here we have Israel making false accusations since 1990's that Iran was close to the bomb with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. 8 years later and still moaning about nukes. They were no closer in the 1990's then they are now. Israel is just a warmongering state that tries to incite war and death with their false accusations and elitist attitude.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This Rice person. Reminds me of the character Lucy in Charles Schultz's Charlie Brown... such a football yanker... such a mench and a perpetrator of the death's of the innocent. Hey wasn't Lucy a psych-vendor that was never around when needed? Crap, I'd give Bono or Geldoff or even Putin the ball in a "Hail-Mary" - couldn't be worse than the "little-people" runnin' the show now.

On 2 - 43, 41, 40, bacon-and-eggs-hut-hut-hut, Chainsaw-Dick, Qana 2,

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Crap, I'd give Bono or Geldoff or even Putin the ball in a "Hail-Mary" - couldn't be worse than the "little-people" runnin' the show now.

Victor K.

I would like to see this too-NO, really!

I would LOVE Russia to send troops in to remove the muslium terroists from Lebanon.

The only problem is, Russia being a full on supporter of Musliums and fully ANTI israel, I doubet, personally, they could do the job right.

Sure they could hold Israel back, but would they/could they(Russians) stop the terrorists????????

We all saw how effective Russian troops were at stopping THeir own terrorts musliums-remember the school and children murderied by the musliums.... and what Russia did do their country afterwards.

Well, maybe thats a bad idea, since Russia would stop Israel but either not stop or not be able to stop the terrorists-so thats no solution at all.

[edit on 7/30/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Who are the current "Reich-marshals" of this main stream media weapons system?

Starts with an "R" and ends in "upert Murdoch"

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, it would seem the Israeli's can't get any support but that which they already hold and are losing rapidly... they'll come to their "collective" senses... and pay the price for their misdeeds for a very long time.

The current situation does open up new options for legal peaceful civic action - the clock is running down and there ain't no avoiding that - Israel coming - "Dead Man Walking". Yes, I'll be re-evaluating many forward-looking policies at my day job - there will be "changes".

Victor K.

Qana v1.0, Qana v2.0.... what's next?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well we've already had Israel Bombing UN Troops In Lebanon v4.0, so I think Sabra and Shatila v2.0 should be coming soon.

[edit on 30/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The balance of the "Arab Street" ? Oh, they can't be protesting... it's not on TV. Qana v2.0 will change this one would hope... how can the MSM go all "ostrich" on this? Hmmm, didn't the Hiltler Nazi's have a similar "control" on media content? Who are the current "Reich-marshals" of this main stream media weapons system?
I hazard that many know and more suspect these story-tellers for who and what they are.

Well maybe you should tune into - God forbid - Fox News, since they have been talking about that subject all weekend long.

Nah - much easier to feign superior knowledge of some grand conspiracy to silence any coverage of it. Makes you look oh so prescient that way.

How about a piece on "New and Creative ways to Hide and Launch Katushyas from among the General Populace and Blame the Retribution on the Israelis"?

This Rice person. Reminds me of the character Lucy in Charles Schultz's Charlie Brown... such a football yanker... such a mench and a perpetrator of the death's of the innocent.

Yes, too bad that she is the only diplomat on the face of the earth that is allowed to try to work toward a solution. For some reason, France, Germany, the Arab world, and everybody else are just not allowed to get involved, or we all know that they would be right in the thick of things, eh?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I commend you on your skilled vituperosity and vitreol. Top notch critical thinking skills there - 5th dan - spray paint. You know, there are some folks that don't and can't get, and quite likely wouldn't watch Fox anyway? Congraulations on your superior media and mastery of BBS media weapons skills. I bow to the humble and dignified and experienced victor. You are my unquestioned superior... especially morally. I'm a big fan and have read ALL your work. Yawn. Click, dialtone.....................

Victor K.

Qana v1.0, Qana v2.0... What's next?
Never forget.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It puzzles me how you can make statements such as this

The balance of the "Arab Street" ? Oh, they can't be protesting... it's not on TV. Qana v2.0 will change this one would hope... how can the MSM go all "ostrich" on this?

when I point out that the arch-enemy of your news, Rupert Murdoch, is nullifying what you have said. Surely, if Fox is covering it while having to grit their teeth, then others, such as the vaunted CNN, must also be covering it with glee?

I guess it falls into the same category as the Hezbollah flag flying next to the UN flag at the UN outpost. Why didn't the UN just remove the flag?

It's just one of those mysteries wrapped in a riddle & cloaked in a conundrum ...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
CNN reporting Palestinian protesters storming a UN compound in GAZA...Shots fired to disperse protesters...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And here is a link to loam's last post:

Gaza

As has been mentioned in another thread, a 48 hour cease fire to investigate the bombing at Qana has been called.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8
And here is a link to loam's last post:

Gaza

As has been mentioned in another thread, a 48 hour cease fire to investigate the bombing at Qana has been called.

Which tyhe hezbolla broke in under 12 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Israel should and will not be held to a cease fire since the terrorists hezbolla will not stop-not even to allow the people they are killing, er supposed to be protecting-LOLOLOL-sorry, that idea is soo funny. In reality we all know hezbolla is completly responsible for all the death in lebanon

[edit on 7/31/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoonIsrael should and will not be held to a cease fire since the terrorists hezbolla will not stop-not even to allow the people they ar4e killing, er supposed to be protecting-LOLOLOL-sorry, that idea is soo funny. In reality we all know hezbolla is completly responsible for all the death in lebanon

Do you really think the fathers of dead children will see it that way? Do you think fatherless children will see it that way? We need to learn that violence only encites more violence. People are always saying 'if you cease-fire they will win'. Hezbollah will become stronger because of this conflict, not weaker. They now have a reason to fight. I am on neither side, but if Israel is so much more civilized than its neighbours it should act it. War cannot be won.

A quote from the great man himself, Winston Churchill “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Hezbollah has more courage than ever, even if Israel is successful in this war, it wont be over. Israel needs to stop standing over its arab neighbours, their is a division in the middle east between the arab nations and Israel. Through long term diplomacy the situation can be fixed, if Israel is willing to compromise, compassion and understanding to its neighbours rather than smart bombs.

[edit on 083131p://upMonday by wang]

new topics

top topics

join