It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramsey Clark plans National Emergency March on Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ramsey Clark, the controversial left-wing activist and former US Attorney General under LBJ, has announced plans to stage a "National Emergency March on Washington" on August 12. The purpose of the march is to stop US funding of the "Israeli war machine". Clark will be joined by organizations such as The National Council of Arab-Americans, Partnership for Civil Justice, Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation, and the ANSWER Coalition.

In addition to stopping the war machine, Clark hopes to bring attention to another of his pet projects - the impeachment of George W. Bush. He is affiliated with VoteToImpeach, an organization advocating the impeachment of President George W. Bush, and was against both Gulf War conflicts.

Neither Clark nor ANSWER recognize Hezbollah or Hamas as terrorist organizations. Their national director, Brian Becker says that both groups are widely supported by political parties that include at least 30 to 40 percent of the people.

This is soundly rebutted by Ariel Cohen, Ph.D., a senior research fellow from the conservative think tank Heritage Foundation, with a single statement:
"So was the Nazi party."

Clark

[edit on 29-7-2006 by bombers8]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to stay out of the city on that day.
Any American who says Hezbollah and/or Hamas aren't terrorist groups is either
a flat out liar with an agenda or uneducated. Seeing how Clark is educated that
makes him a flat out liar with an agenda. He's probably going to be selling a book
soon or he's going to make another run for an office in 2008.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wonder if they'll have a good protest chant or song like uh, maybe, Meridian Green - Walking To Washington? It's a free download for those who may have an interest... meridiangreen.com...

Unlike others I support this form of peaceful civic direct action... I'm sure someone'll or some group will slam me for holding such a view... OK by me, a small price for a piece of peace.

Thanx,

Victor K.

df1

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8
The purpose of the march is to stop US funding of the "Israeli war machine".

I acknowledge israels right to exist and their right to defend themselves, however I see no reason that the burden of financing either should be shouldered by US tax payers. To this extent I agree with Clark.

This is soundly rebutted by Ariel Cohen, Ph.D., a senior research fellow from the conservative think tank Heritage Foundation, with a single statement:
"So was the Nazi party."

Using emotionally charged words to stir sympathy and fear is dishonest.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Unlike others I support this form of peaceful civic direct action... I'm sure someone'll or some group will slam me for holding such a view... OK by me, a small price for a piece of peace.

I think that most, if not all, people here are in support of the First Amendment. It's the denial of basic facts - that H&H are terrorist organizations - that people have trouble with.

new topics

top topics

join