It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Disc seen during Nasa STS-121 Live Broadcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello,

Check out the newest report from Project Prove concerning a spectacular sighting during STS-121 Mission.

A huge disk (miles in diameter) was seen emerging from clouds at high speed and going into space. The event was broadcasted live to the public via Nasa TV.

You can also see the pathetic live attempt by some people at Nasa to try to debunk this sighting.

Check the videos and the full analysis here : www.projectprove.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I love the videos at that site. For some reason though this one just doesnt"ring my bell". If I look at the clouds it "emerges" from, I wouldn't expect it to appear so uniformly through the clouds.....

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Musclor I don't see in those pictures other than clouds. Would you care to point out exactly what you see?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Too bad I missed that one while I was scanning NASA T.V.

I disagree with the idea that the object is emerging from underneath the clouds however. It seems that the object was invisible and became visible like the object seen on STS - 37 and STS - 51.

www.qtm.net...

STS - 37

STS - 51

[edit on 25-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Too bad I missed that one while I was scanning NASA T.V.

I disagree with the idea that the object is emerging from underneath the clouds however. It seems that the object was invisible and became visible like the object seen on STS - 37 and STS - 51.

www.qtm.net...

STS - 37

STS - 51

[edit on 25-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

Those shots above are very clearly a (no pun intended) water droplet. The refraction shows it's convexed reflection. It's even more clearly water when you see it on video.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow. The new STS-121 footage looked real enough to me. It certainly looks like a large ball is coming out of the clouds and moving out of frame.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
jritzmann,

This time the Phenomena was recorded from one of the Shuttles exterior mounted Cameras. So the "Water Droplet" theory championed by Jim Olberg is not going to fly this time as there are no sources of water droplets outside the Shuttle.

The Shuttle Crew preformed a water dump on Flight day 5 , but it was 5 and a half hours earlier at around 3:15 pm. So there would be no source for water at the time the Video was taken.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 27-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
good video, still very hard to tell what it was! But it makes you wonder..................

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

jritzmann,

This time the Phenomena was recorded from one of the Shuttles exterior mounted Cameras. So the "Water Droplet" theory championed by Jim Olberg is not going to fly this time as there are no sources of water droplets outside the Shuttle.

The Shuttle Crew preformed a water dump on Flight day 5 , but it was 5 and a half hours earlier at around 3:15 pm. So there would be no source for water at the time the Video was taken.

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 27-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

If you'll notice, I wasnt referring to the video posted by the original poster here. I was referring to the pictures posted here by you, and reposted by quote by me.
That, is a water droplet, no question about it.

The current video menitoned in post one of this thread, I dont know about. It's interesting, but again NASA videos show very little depth perception to me, and theyre notoriously (and perhaps intentionally) bad quality. There's plenty of room for random debris and natural phenomena to be misconstrued into flying saucers. You claim the object in your posted still was invisible and became visible. It's simply not the case when you watch the film. It's just a water droplet.

Also, do you actually believe that water dumped 5 hours earlier might not still be present? There's no air, and therefore no evaporation...it's called space, and it's cold. I dont by any means say the video shows a water droplet, I personally dont know what it shows, but there's a myriad of other things it could be other then a flying saucer.

Oh and it's not Olberg, it's Oberg.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

If you'll notice, I wasnt referring to the video posted by the original poster here. I was referring to the pictures posted here by you, and reposted by quote by me.

I disagree , I do not feel it's unquestionably a water droplet.

Also, do you actually believe that water dumped 5 hours earlier might not still be present? There's no air, and therefore no evaporation...it's called space, and it's cold. I dont by any means say the video shows a water droplet, I personally dont know what it shows, but there's a myriad of other things it could be other then a flying saucer.

Sorry jritzmann , but you've got that wrong. In space water boils off rapidly until the remaining water reaches 32 degrees F ( 0 degrees C ) at which point the remaining water freezes it then Sublimates ( evaporates directly from a solid to gas ) in space. Think of Space as being like a giant Freeze Drier.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I disagree , I do not feel it's unquestionably a water droplet.

Well thats telling of how critically your eyes view what they want to see past what is obivous. Have you even viewed the full motion footage past the internet? Can you explain why the "object's" highlight point and horizon line intersects precisely with the image of earth? In fact that it reverses both in color from opposing environmental backgrounds?

Because it's a water droplet, convex, and clear. As mentioned before the convexed water reverses the image youre looking thru. There are 2 such pieces of footage presented in this way out there, neither are anything more then water.

I think it's truly, horribly misleading and irresponsible to present it as anything else.

Sorry jritzmann , but you've got that wrong. In space water boils off rapidly until the remaining water reaches 32 degrees F ( 0 degrees C ) at which point the remaining water freezes it then Sublimates ( evaporates directly from a solid to gas ) in space. Think of Space as being like a giant Freeze Drier.

I see. So you'd then explain all the ice particles seen in many hours of NASA footage to be non-existent then. Oh, I forgot, those are UFOs.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well thats telling of how critically your eyes view what they want to see past what is obivous.

No need for Ad Hominems , if you can show that they are in fact water droplets then I'll accept that in those two cases. I simply do not feel that it is unquestionable.

I see. So you'd then explain all the ice particles seen in many hours of NASA footage to be non-existent then. Oh, I forgot, those are UFOs.

Ice , especially the very small ice crystals produced by a "waste water dump" exist for a mater of a couple hours or less. That is precisely why I have the opinion that Ice crystals are not the cause of many objects seen on NASA Select T.V.

Water dumps can be tracked and if one hasn't happened very recently then Ice will not be present anywhere near the Shuttle.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
jritzmann,

I see you've edited your post.

I think it's truly, horribly misleading and irresponsible to present it as anything else.

If you want to trade licks , then how irresponsible and misleading is it for you to say no evaporation takes place in Space?! You could have googled that. On the other hand the objects in the video's we are talking about are subjective and specific event oriented. i.e. not a fact that can be referenced but a specific event open to subjective interpretation.

To prove beyond doubt that the event was/is subjective here is commentary after the event that references one the events in question (STS -37 ) and you'll note that "Water Droplet" theory was not and is not obvious. Therefore it was not irresponsible on my part, but is a questionable event.

OBERG SEES STS-37 UFO
by Donald Ratsch

On April 5, 1991, space shuttle mission STS-37 was launched from the Cape in Florida and landed on April 11, 1991. During the mission, as the Orbiter was approaching the west coast of South America, a dramatic event occurred. As the video camera was rolling and aimed at the viewing window recording the daylight side of the colored earth below, suddenly the orbiter rocked and wobbled as a round UFO appeared outside the viewing window. When the slightly ovoid object first came into view, it traveled from the left to right very fast, changed course to the left and then stopped and hovered.

In September 1994, a gentleman named Marc Whiteford from Arlington, Virginia was attending and speaking at the Wyoming UFO Conference where certain scientists were giving presentations. Mr. Whiteford knew I had in my possession the original video recording from NASA Select of the Starwars UFO event known as STS-48, previously shown on TV shows such as Hard Copy, Encounters, The Larry King Show, etc. Upon his request I agreed to send him a good copy of the STS-48 event, as well as video recordings of other events from other missions. I included the STS-37 UFO footage.

In the audience was Paul Davids, Executive Producer of the Showtime movie, "Roswell". He seemed impressed so the NASA footage was turned over to him. The STS-48 and STS-37 footage was included at the very end of his two videos called, "The UFO Coverup Continues...Volume 1 & 2. When Mr. Davids was making his movie, "Roswell", he already had poorer copies of STS-48 and STS-37, which he included in his "Roswell" movie at the very beginning of the film.

The STS-37 UFO is seen moving dramatically into view from left to right as (former Air Force Intelligence head) General John Samford is video dubbed in on the right side of the screen stating, "We can say that the recent sightings are in no way connected with any secret developments by any agencies of the United States." Then as the closeup is shown of the STS-37's movements, another military man on the right side of the screen is heard saying "...there is nothing to hide at all". Unfortunately the close-up STS-37 UFO is seen traveling from the other direction through technological manipulation. At any rate, the viewer can see the round ovoid shape when watching the film.

Where does Mr. Oberg fit into this? Remember that the STS-37 UFO comes into view as the shuttle is on the daylight side of the earth. Well, believe it or not, Mr. Oberg, while in the Mission Control Center, had watched that UFO make its appearance yet another time, when the shuttle was on the night side of the earth. In 1992, Mr. Oberg and I exchanged snail mail and in one of his snail mails dated July 14, 1992 he states:

"Last but not least is a page from my personal log written during the STS-37 mission last April, when I was in the Mission Control Center for the deploy of the GRO science satellite. While watching a long stretch of NIGHTSIDE video I saw a bright ovoid image cross the screen from left to right. Although I was sure there was a rational explanation, it was an impressive apparition. I personally never thought it was an alien spacecraft but you are welcome to follow up on it. And I'm presuming you have been taping the NASA Select video since STS-48."

I put the above article in the newsgroup alt.paranet.ufo, and it wasn't long before Mr. Oberg replied. It was apparent that he was beginning to back pedal and now said that what he saw on the big screen at Mission Control was a lighted city passing by the screen. Well, that explanation doesn't wash! During a typical shuttle, Mr. Oberg sees hundreds of lights from cities as they slowly appear to move across the screen due to the rotation of the Earth and the orbiting of the shuttle, nothing out of the ordinary, just routine. But he obviously observed something that startled him, for he used the words, "...While watching a long stretch of nightside video I saw a bright ovoid image cross the screen from left to right"..."it was an impressive apparition."

To prove his case, Mr. Oberg ought to tell me which city on Earth, when lit up at night, looks egg shaped as seen from an orbiting shuttle and moves across the screen faster than the revolving Earth. Mr. Oberg really does not want anyone to be left with the impression that the STS-37 was twice visited by a UFO.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

join