It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical Christians Lobbying in Defense of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

We all know about these guys right? They're a devout following of Christians who defend Israel because they believe that these are the end times according to biblical prophesy, and in choosing sides, Christians must defend Israel.

John Hagee is the pastor of the 18,000-member Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, and a long-time fervent supporter of Israel.

His latest book, Jerusalem Countdown: A Warning to the World, interprets the Bible to predict that Russian and Arab armies will invade Israel and be destroyed by God.

This will set up a confrontation over Israel between China and the West, led by the anti-Christ, who will be the head of the European Union, Pastor Hagee writes.

My fear is that these lobbyists will convince enough of the Senate that this is Armageddon, and that War is the way to handle it. Turning this into a self fulfilling prophesy, and bypassing any chance of preventing it.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know what to think.

Forget the bible codes, there are relatively clear prophercies in the bible, that are being furfilled, either falsley or the real deal

If people are already trying to do this (which assumes everyone in power is religious), then I can't see a danger in US evangelicals lobbying your institutions. Perhaps it already done.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
lets just see where it goes and what happens. many believe washington is run by religious zealots also, nevermind israel and the islamic world.

i can just imagine what those people are saying, but whether this is the right time or not, the war in the middle east will come one day.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And Ironically Israel has a history of discriminating against christians.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
news.bbc.co.uk...

We all know about these guys right? They're a devout following of Christians who defend Israel because they believe that these are the end times according to biblical prophesy, and in choosing sides, Christians must defend Israel.

John Hagee is the pastor of the 18,000-member Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, and a long-time fervent supporter of Israel.

His latest book, Jerusalem Countdown: A Warning to the World, interprets the Bible to predict that Russian and Arab armies will invade Israel and be destroyed by God.

This will set up a confrontation over Israel between China and the West, led by the anti-Christ, who will be the head of the European Union, Pastor Hagee writes.

My fear is that these lobbyists will convince enough of the Senate that this is Armageddon, and that War is the way to handle it. Turning this into a self fulfilling prophesy, and bypassing any chance of preventing it.

Thoughts?

You're absolutely right about self-fulfilled prophecies. What better way for Satan to deceive the world then to make it appear as though these prophecies are coming true only to be deceived by these false prophets and wolves in sheeps clothing. There's so many warnings about false prophets and deception in the last days, and if we are truly are in teh last days, would you put your trust in man to interpret prophecy for you, or would you rather have a heartful, earnest, and fervent study of the bible and ask the Holy Spirit to show you all things, and lead us into all truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

No, they may have influence, but i doubt your Senate will be stupid enough to declare that we are in Armageddon and the End is near.

The prophecy, is already being fulfilled and do not believe anyone will speed it up. Many, in history, have tried that and failed. As the three Abrahmic religions state, no one knows of the hour, only God.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

We all know about these guys right?

Sure....................I wish there was more of these guys.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The religious fanatics will be used and abused by the political system, just as bush et al did with gay marriage and abortion on them. They're easily deluded dupes, who apparently beg to be manipulated.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Unless I'm missing something big (and I may very well be). Supporting Jehovah/Jesus Christ's Israel, yes. Supporting the Zionist state, named Israel, no. Seems as though Hagee is supporting the state rather than the people.

Interestingly, I caught a clip of the 2006 prophecy conference (or whatever it's called) and Perry Stone made a statement that a "pastor" (couldn't give the name, but if my life depended on it I'd say John Hagee) was told by someone "high up" (here again I'd guarantee, Israeli Government) about this war that is unfolding now and to prepare "Christian America" for it. That was beginning of this year if I understood correctly.

If Hagee is in with and taking orders as to what to prepare for from the luciferian entity that setup and controls the zionist state, US and most of the world. What is he and who is he really working for/against?

Jesus Christ commanded me and any other one of his followers to love one another. Not Jew more than Gentile, White more than Black, etc. I love the Lebanese and whoever else people that are getting blown to bits just as equally as the Israeli's and don't like the garbage going on on either side.

It's interesting how Albert Pike's plan is being carried out to a tee. WWIII between Judaism and Islam, and by the end have all religion destroyed. This will do it. Both sides have their fingers in it and when it's over will be shaking hands saying “well done”.

new topics

top topics

join