It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14,000 Iraqi Civilians killed this year...so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Today there was yet another daily attack against civilians. 20 kidnapped & killed, a General gunned down elsewhere, bombs in a crowded market place...the list goes on.

On Tuesday it was revealed that more than than 14,000 civilians have been killed in Iraq in the first half of this year, an ominous figure reflecting the fact that "killings, kidnappings and torture remain widespread" in the war-torn country, a United Nations report says.

www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/19/iraq.main/index.html

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is an incredibly high figure and I just cant seem to think how America could ever get this under control and give Iraq back to the Iraqi's. Considering the police & army are infact targets themselves.

I also can't understand how people can even leave there house's in the morning. But, if you dont work - You dont have money - you dont eat = You die

So it kind of seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Are civilians allowed to carry guns for self defence in Iraq? I sure as hell would. People are being summarily rounded up each day & murdered in cold blood.

From these figures I would think the US is gonna have a long standing training ground for young to troops to get battle experience. They might as well dig in and get comfy because its gonna be a looong time before the US leaves.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
how many killed by fellow muslims.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

Most of them, and ALL the civis that are killed intentionally are killed by the islamic terrorists that inhabit Iraq.

So as long as the criminals promote islam - on - islam crime it will never stop.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
14,000 eh? At the hands of who?

When you read about the numbers of Iraqi's being rounded up and summarily executed, think Muslim for the perpetrators.

And one more thing, the US has no intention of leaving Iraq.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You can add these people to the rising number.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Assailants slit the throats of a mother and her three children Wednesday in southern Iraq, where the family had fled to escape threats that they had cooperated with the Americans.

The mother's sister was also slain in the savage attack, which occurred in an apartment in the southern city of Basra, police said. Five other family members were rescued before they bled to death.

Officials said the family had fled Baghdad for Basra after receiving threats because they had cooperated with U.S. forces. The officials gave no further details and spoke on condition of anonymity because they feared reprisals by sectarian militias that have infiltrated Basra's police.

Link

Thats just how war is now. Anybody who talks or perceived to be working with Americans will die.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i never bother watching iraqi stuff, but if that number is true, that is just beyond belief.

what a situation that area is all in. i wonder how many died in saddams time for 7 months of the year.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's a fact that saddam killed alot more civilians than 14,000. What are you trying to say, if the US never went in the 14,000 would still be alive.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by steve99]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

Nearly all.

Where's the outrage!!!???

300 civilians are killed in Israel going after a terrorists group and you have people up in arms. Yet 14,000 are purposely killed by terrorists and no one's saying a word!

I don't get it...

top topics

join