It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding that 'spot' with technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sorry, the title isn't really telling is it?

I overheard or read - not sure where I heard or read this...

Something about using a compass in those 'spots' in your house (or where ever) to show with scientific technology or proof that those spots exist.

Anyone hear of this compass thing or other NORMAL items or ways to show people things they aren't feeling?

For instance. Say I feel as if there is a particular place in my home that tends to have more 'happenings'. Husband don't believe me or pretends he don't avoid these areas etc.
What word search would I look up (not proof)... And not some crazy techno what-nots that no one has ever heard of or that cost bunches to buy.

Like the compass thing. What's that all about - anyone know?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
snuzz420.tripod.com...

Compass--This equpment is good so you know what direction you are going in, or what side of the room or area you took readings in/at. It can also be used like the EMF meter. It has been known that paranormal phenomena can alter the accuracy of a compass, so if you are pointing north and the compass needle moves to east and back to north, (or whatever direction) you mave have paranormal phenomena in that area.

geology.about.com...

Magnetism

That said, compasses do vary slightly from place to place and time to time. Sometimes they respond to nearby bodies of iron ore, or places where lightning strikes have magnetized rock outcrops. Sometimes geomagnetic storms, like those that cause auroras, make compass needles fluctuate. There are also the dimly understood elctrical currents, called telluric currents, that flow deep underground where rocks can conduct electricity.

But compasses also are affected by human causes, like electric power lines. (Remember your middle-school physics class: moving magnets generate electricity in a wire coil, and vice versa—that's how electric motors work.) Electrically powered trains send out powerful magnetic noise. And natural electromagnetic forces can interact in odd ways with large structures like pipelines or bridges.

But remember that "mystery spots" are, at root, no different from magicians' acts or amusement parks. It would be trivial to bury electric wires around a "mystery house" and disrupt compasses at will. If you suspect trickery—and in human affairs you always should—it would take a careful and skeptical study to investigate this subject.

join