It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pteradactyl Program on Christian Channel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Having the misfortune of only having a basic cable package, I only get 13 channels, 3 of which are dedicated solely to religious programing. Two of them are solely dedicating to sermons, but the third TBN - Trinity Broadcasting Network will occasionally have some interesting history shows as well.

This past Thursday night at 10PM CST, they had a show where to my surprise the main guest was a Cryptozoologist. The first 30 minutes of the program were dedicated to his theory of a strict Biblical timeline for Earth's history (for example, Dinos and humans living at the same time) but the second part of the show is what really surprised and intrigued me.

He began by showing images of dragons from various cultures and reptilian iconography from around the world to support his theory that dinosaurs didn't all die out at once, and that many survived. Here's the think that got me: he claims that some dinosaurs still exist TODAY, most prominantly Pterdactyls.

Even though I'm vaguely familar with cryptozoology, this was the first I've heard of this. What was most shocking was his proof: he produced a photograph of what he claimed to be an actual baby Pteradactyl, but, as he stated, "I can't give out the name or location of the person who took it because they've asked to have their identity kept secret." ! He went on to state that not only do these creatures exist, they regularly attack humans, and have the ability to spew acid from their mouths, at which point he produced a board he claimed was burned by their acid.

As if that wasn't enough, the minister (the regular host of the show) stated while he was on a mission trip to Papua, New Guinea, the local preacher told him that Pteradactyls were regularly seen on the island, and that he himself had driven them off on several occasions.

I'm posting all of this for a variety of reasons. First to inform those of you who may be interested. Second, if anyone else saw the program, I was hoping you caught the name of the Cryptozoologist that was on there. Third, even if you didn't see the program, I was hoping that someone could provide me more information about modern-day Pteradactyls, or (hopefully) a link where I could see the photograph of the baby that was shown. Is anyone familar with any of this?

(

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't listen to them to much, they are the same people who made

Evils Of Harry Potter-You know, the one where good guy fights bad guy and wins
Evils of Charmed-You know, the one where the good girls fight the bad guys and win
Hmm, what do these CHristians have against the Good Guys winning? Are they upset that Evil loses because they are evil?
Evils of the Davinci Code-Basically they want a warning put on it saying it is fiction, you know, besides the fact it is in the fiction section. These people aren't to bright, a third grader could probably run around them when it comes to I.Q.

Anyways, Pterodactyls are dead, but hey, it did sound like an interesting program if you removed the Religous crap from it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here's an interesting site about the Pterodactyl, or Ropen as it can be known, from an expedition there in 2004. Their theory is that its a Rhamphorhynchoid but they have no photographic or video evidence at all, only eye witness reports from one sighting.

www.laattorneyvideo.com...

"I can't give out the name or location of the person who took it because they've asked to have their identity kept secret." ! He went on to state that not only do these creatures exist, they regularly attack humans, and have the ability to spew acid from their mouths, at which point he produced a board he claimed was burned by their acid.

Why is it that the people who discover these things always remain anonymous and give out no information? It always makes things look well suspicious. If i'd seen or discovered anything like this I'd be telling the world about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Ohm
Evils Of Harry Potter-You know, the one where good guy fights bad guy and wins
Evils of Charmed-You know, the one where the good girls fight the bad guys and win
Hmm, what do these CHristians have against the Good Guys winning? Are they upset that Evil loses because they are evil?

Just like every section of society, there are some evils within, however, Christians in general are not Evil.
Your attempts to simplify the reasoning of the Christian Communities wanton dislike of hugely popular Harry Potter has nothing to do with 'Good' defeating 'Evil'.
It is about what they believe.

"There shall not be found among you anyone who ...practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you." -----------------------Deut. 18:10-14

These Books and TV shows glorify one of many things they are opposed to.
HAVING said that, I know of many Christians that have read these books, know that it is purely fiction and even allow their children(when they are old enough) to read them.

Originally posted by Johnny Ohm
Evils of the Davinci Code-Basically they want a warning put on it saying it is fiction, you know, besides the fact it is in the fiction section. These people aren't to bright, a third grader could probably run around them when it comes to I.Q.

See again, you are showing the same ignorance as many.
First of all, when I bought the Da Vinci Code, on the first pages, Dan Brown proceeded to tell all that many aspects of the book were true, things that were proven fictious. Not everyone was aware of this, so if someone who has supposedly done the research says its true and a real possibility then the less learned amongst society are likely to believe it.
DVC was marketed as a genuine possibility with a fictional story around it, which was against core beliefs of the Christian Community.
There is nothing wrong at all of them seeking an actual note saying the book is fiction.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I know the image of the baby pterodactyl he's talking about. Actually, It should be on ATS somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. It turns out to be a fake, and the maker most likely didn't have contact with this dude on TBN. There are dinosaurs alive today, like the Saltwater Crocodile, which can reach lengths of 30 ft, but none of the large land dinosaurs. Because of their cold blood, they most likely wouldn't have made it through the ice age.

Oh wait, I forgot, there was no ice age because it wasn't mentioned in the Bible

Edit: to add some fun fake photos

More when I find them

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Edit: to add some fun fake photos

More when I find them

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

How do you know the picture's fake?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Because a pterodactyl wouldn't hide in North America. Where would they nest? Look at their size, they wouldn't have any predators, thus no need to hide. Plus, a population large enough to reproduce and keep things going would have been recorded. If not by us, then by the Native Americans.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
that programme sounded intresting picture faked or not lol.

as regards to the following made by Rasobasi420

Because a pterodactyl wouldn't hide in North America. Where would they nest? Look at their size, they wouldn't have any predators, thus no need to hide. Plus, a population large enough to reproduce and keep things going would have been recorded. If not by us, then by the Native Americans.

Native americans have been recording various things in there history including what they call the Thunderbird. Many belive that by the descriptions of this thunder bird that it could be a form of Pteradactyl.

www.cryptozoology.com...
edition.cnn.com...
www.cryptomundo.com...

Wether real/faked or whatever there is definatly large birds out there, just because you havent seen it dont mean it aint real

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am no expert. . . But I did have a thought.

What if they were mostly nocturnal?

What if the ones to survive were not the large ones with a 30-60 foot wingspan (genus: Quetzalcoatlus) but the small ones with a 30 inch wingspan (genus: Pterodactylus)?

I know dirt and 140 million year old bones say other wise, but science has been wrong before.

I'm just suggesting maybe they were more bat like as opposed to death and destruction on all creatures.

Again, i'm no expert, only an artist.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
RONISHAI :

regards the native americans thrunderbird myths -- were they not ussually depicted feathered ??

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
not always were some were described as such yes,

giant birdlike creature with an enormous wingspan. It was said it had smooth skin, and featherless wings like a bat. Its face resembled an alligator. This description has obvious similarity to that of a prehistoric pterodactyl, a creature which was known at the time. They dragged the carcass back to town, and it was pinned, wings outstretched across the entire length of a barn. There is supposed to be a picture of this event, that may or may not have been published in the local newspaper, the Tombstone Epitaph.

wikipedia
the rest of the artcle has other discriptions

The thunderbirds' description, albeit distorted by time and retelling, so much fits that of pterosaurs that even some evolutionists have conceded on that point: 'The thunderbird appears in many Indian tales and Indian art work. Its description is very much like one of the prehistoric flying reptiles that flapped its way through the skies in the days of the dinosaurs.'

www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They just did an article on this subject over at cryptomundo.

www.cryptomundo.com...

There is a picture as well, although to be honest I am not certain of what. There seems to be very little information on the photograph.

However Papua New Guinea sounds like a fascinating place to explore.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
HOnestly, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and all that area is apparently one of the few places yet to be fully explored...above ground.

If i had the money and time I would gladly devote a large amount of time to exploring that area.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

www.cryptomundo.com...

There is a picture as well, although to be honest I am not certain of what. There seems to be very little information on the photograph.

Intresting article
The picture though looks a bit like a kite in the sky.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

Originally posted by William One Sac

www.cryptomundo.com...

Intresting article
The picture though looks a bit like a kite in the sky.

I say a single seater air plane at a nice turning angle ^_^ Just my opinion on that pic

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Man, I'm dead tired of these idiot people coming in and believing in anything anyone hands them!
I'm not referring to the poster, but to the Minister who presented the info.

I'm thinking that the Minister was a bit too trusting on where he got the info.

1. Petrodactyls alive today, I think so. whether I'm right or not, thats up for me to find out. As far as I know, any such pic of a baby Petrodactyl is a fake. I've probably seen it before, but being unable to view it, cannot say for sure. The concept of dragons is actually a valid point for the existence of Dinos today, lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

2. The most prominently survived Dino is most likely the underwater kind, as there is quite a bit of ocean to hide in.

3. I have yet to hear of any of these flying Cryptids killing a human being, within the 21st or 20th century. I think that whatever creatures did kill natives, have been in return, killed off by the said natives. While the Kongamato, in the Congo, has been known to dig people up after death for a snack, I don't think he's ever enjoyed the live kind.
As far as I'm concerned the claim for spitting acid is completely false, and the idea that someone would have a peice of cardboard which had been burned by said acid is completely ubsurd!
If we had that kind of evidience, these animals would no longer be within the realm of Cryptozoology!

4. While I believe that last bit about the local Pastor, I don't think they were looking for a human snack. Maybe a bit of what he had been eating at the time or to drive him from a hidden mate. I can see a Ropen going for someone's hamburger, the way I figure they're about the size of a Seagull anyway.

5. About Thunderbirds, I don't think they are Pterodactyls because they are often described as having feathers. As in the Lawndale Case, they just are VERY large birds. And that pic you are referring to Bear Man, I tend to say a smudge on a camera. I've seen it around before, and it really doesn't seem possible when you get the whole of it.

There's an opinion from a so-called "expert" Cryptozoologist.
Hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This isn't reason enough to prove it's fake. you have to prove the picture fake, not the reasons it can't be from here.

We have and had trees big enough to nest in, like birds.
We have mountain caves, if they're like bats.
We are predators, so they need to hide from us. If they are intelligent enough, they may well hide from us. If they aren't then they're extinct.

Can now imagine the sucker fighting with a bear.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
I know dirt and 140 million year old bones say other wise, but science has been wrong before.
On too many numerous occasions to count....
but it's not that SCIENCE is wrong but the SCIENTISTS who interpret the data.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by jlc163]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh wait, I forgot, there was no ice age because it wasn't mentioned in the Bible.
Not necesserily. The Bible, especially the old testament, is more about historical docuemntation than anything. Most of the time the history of weather wasn't important (excluding the 7 year famine in Egypt). The flood was important. The ice age that followed, due to a huge change in weather, because a severely cataclymic event would be assumed as unimportant by the survivors. The earth was changed after the flood. The Bible admits to that much.

Aslo, you'd probably get more out of looking up Japeth in the Middle ages and further back. He's the only one of Noah's sons that went North instead of stayin gin the warmer lands they understood in the Middle East. Not likely to make notes about an ice age when you live in the middle east. (Yes, his name and variants show up in England, Sweeden, etc.)

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
pteras wouldn't survive today for one simple reason: they need more oxygen than we do.

dinos lived at a time when there was FAR more oxygen, which is shown by the fact that they had no room for a diagragm, and used muscles around their ribs to facilitate breathing.

therefore, no modern dinos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join