It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any one tell me if this is a real group?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In Anne Rice's books she repeatedly refers to the group the Talamasca. What I want to KNow is if this group is based on a real organization or if It was made up

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
From my understanding both from searching the web and having read all the Anne Rice books which mention the Talamasca they are purely fictional, though probably influenced by various actual secret groups and the lore surrounding them.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i would say the group is made up, but i searched it anyways and found the following sites.

The Talamasca, meaning "Animal Mask" from the Latin, are a secret society, set up, as their calling card says, to watch the paranormal in action. The name Talamasca was also an old term to describe a witch or a shamen. Their basements are filled with records of phenomena such as Witches, Spirits, Werewolves and of course Vampires. Welcoming people with paranormal powers to visit them, occasionally they become aware of individuals with particularly strong powers, these people are investigated and offered a place with their group, but are not obliged to accept the position, though almost invariably they will.
Source

ONE

That each coven must have its leader and only he might order the working of the Dark Trick upon a mortal, seeing that the methods and the rituals were properly observed.

TWO

That the Dark Gifts must never be given to the crippled, the maimed, to children, or to those who cannot, even with the Dark Powers survive on their own. Be it further understood that all mortals who would receive the Dark Gifts should be beautiful in person so that the insult to God might be greater when the trick is done.

THREE

That never should an old vampire work this magic lest the blood of the fledgling be too strong. For all our gifts increase naturally with age and the old ones have too much strength to pass on. Injury, burning -- these catastrophes, if they do not destroy the Child of Satan will only increase his powers when he is healed. Yet Satan guards the flock from the powers of old ones, for almost all, without exception go mad.
Source

Definatly would say they were a product of Anne rices imagination although they could have been based on various other secret groups out there

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks. Unfortunately my friend is a true believer and It'll be hard to convince him

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
what makes him a true believer? because he read about a secret society in a fiction novel? that's kind of strange....oooh but then again people believe in the Priory of Scion dont they?

Is there any kind of evidence your friend has seen to support the idea that their is no such thing? is their any evidence to support that theirs not?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
My friend thinks that when he tries to find anything about them and the computer chokes up and says that the page can't be found, it's the governments way of hiding the group. I just think he's crazy but I thought i'd humor him and ask If any one thought they were real.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sounds like your friend should have an ATS account.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Sounds like your friend should have an ATS account.

I wonder if any of his friends friends ever fed his dog laxatives, went through his mail and tried to demolish his toilet? (Can you say "Mr Necros" boys and girls?)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
lol I don't know but hey my friend believes. I told him what u guys said that it was probably a made up group and he got all defensive saying u guys probably worked for the government. I think he's going crazy!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

he got all defensive saying u guys probably worked for the government

Tell him we find that very interesting and will have to make a notation in his file about it.

And say it like "weeeeeery unterestingk"

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kklover
In Anne Rice's books she repeatedly refers to the group the Talamasca. What I want to KNow is if this group is based on a real organization or if It was made up

her literature is some of the worst ive ever read. You should stick to dante he is so much better.

new topics

top topics

join