It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Rods ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There are lots of vids showing thoes insects. Each vid shows them and in most of them they look simular. I dont think they are disorted by the camera.Also i was searching online and there were some pics of mars and the sun and it showed rods
mabye i have to re-think my little theory.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
er... where did you see these pictures of rods in outer space? I've watched numerous documentaries and gone to many websites reading about rods, and I've never seen a picture of them in outer space (probably because insects dont survive in space). A documentary or website would be crazy not to include those "pictures" in their reports. The pictures you saw were probably photoshopped buddy.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi, i'm new to this board and I am here because I see you have been posting the question are Rods insects or an unfamiliar life form. I have the websites www.toledoconnection.com... and www.marsview.com... and I have studied these new life forms. They are in space and there are no life forms that I know of here on Earth that can live in space like these things do. They are flying around our Sun every day and they are flying on Mars. Some one else posted "what do we know about them?" the answer is almost nothing. To be able to study them one would need to be caught. So far none to my knowledge has been capture for research purposes. I did like the idea someone else had about trying to freeze them in an area that they have been spotted. But again, we do not know much about them so I am not sure if that would work. But it is worth a shot.

Stari

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
actually to tell you the truth there is a life form that is actually able it servive in space, and yes it is known. It is actually a small insect possibly microscopic. Anyway the creature can actually become vacume tight and servive long periods of time in any environment, just thought you should know that

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
actually to tell you the truth there is a life form that is actually able it servive in space, and yes it is known. It is actually a small insect possibly microscopic. Anyway the creature can actually become vacume tight and servive long periods of time in any environment, just thought you should know that

Thanks, I did not know that and that is good information to know. The life forms that I am finding that are flying around our Sun are very very long. These are not microscopic. But again thank you for letting me know about those microscopic life forms. I did not know about them.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

* my sarcastic response to your sarcastic response *

WOW ATS GUY!!! You must be like a genius with 3 brains!!! Omg a life-form that can survive in an absence of water, air, light, and energy?!?!?!
Wow and you tell me that these insects are microscopic meaning that they cannot possibly hold organs or anything larger than a cell membrane and flagella and that they cannot possibly be sentient beingz???

And you also know for a fact that they can "servive long periods of time in any environment" despite the fact that outer space contains no air meaning that they can't propel themselves without an initial flow of inertia?!?!?! Whoa you must have like a PHD in space stuffz, by the way, love your spelling of "servive". So how do they get to "any environment" without any means of travel? Wait Wait Wait!! They must be able to like, open rifts in the space time continuum with all that Energy that's crammed into their "microscopic bodies"!!!

And thanks for flooding me with all that information and proof to back up your theory
!!! I haven't seen that much evidence since the Oj Simpson trial ( double sarcasm there
)!!

*end of sarcastic retort*

Hehehe, i just meant that as a little fun, no insult... But thanks for the post, I like to read the many *cough cough* varied *cough cough* views on subjects. To rods as supernatural beings :

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
hahahahha omg i was just waiting for someone to actually try to respond to what i said. you just made my day thanks...lol

oh man i just cant stop laughing…ok ok im good

ok well here is the proof

go rent this season one at your local blockbuster
Episode #6 — Survivors, Animal planets the most extreme

Episode #6 — Survivors, Animal planets the most extreme.
Humans have long pushed themselves to explore extreme environments but which animals are the most extreme survivors? Camels can go days without water in the blazing desert and cockroaches have been known to survive heavy doses of radiation and poison. Humans have long pushed themselves to explore extreme environments whether attempting to climb Mount Everest or dive deeper into the ocean. But some animals can survive in these extreme conditions all on their own. Camels can go days without water in the blazing desert. Cockroaches have been known to survive heavy doses of radiation and poison. Which animals are the Most Extreme Survivors? Find out in this top 10 countdown of The Most Extreme.

now for the big one. The creature or microbe and is known as a lichen. Here are some pics just incase you don’t know what that is Mr. Sarcastic...lol jp

Now let me correct myself, they can only survive in space for up to 2 weeks or more but after that i think their protective coating must dissolve or something to reveal their fragile state and then they probably just die.

An experiment was carried out and this was proven...

After being exposed to the vacuum of space in near Earth orbit for 15 days, the lichens were returned to Earth where it was discovered that they were in the same condition as they were before their little "space walk".

The lichens went dormant in a sort of hibernation while they were in space. They also have a mineral coating that shields them from the Sun's UV rays. They survived extreme temperature changes, several times a day, over their 15 day stay in space.

Original news source:

www.newscientistspace.com
Lichens can survive unprotected in the harsh conditions of space, a European Space Agency experiment discovers.

The organisms are a composite of algae and fungi. They are commonly found on the surface of rocks on Earth and can survive in extreme conditions such as high mountains latitudes. Lichens are the most complex form of life now known to have survived prolonged exposure to space.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is an interesting development in space life science. I know that some bacteria can also survive the harsh conditions of space. This brings to mind the old theory of the existence of Martians which states that the Martians still exist, and they are us!
I wonder how long these life forms could survive, attached to a rock ejected from the earth during a meteor strike?
Just think...earthlings may have already colonized parts of the solar system....
Lichens...Earth's hearty space explorers...lol

Check it out some more here the site
www.atsnn.com...
www.universetoday.com...

man that must hurt TheBlueSoldier, do you want some ice for that burn too (lol jp triple sarcasm)))))
lol: no seriously I am just playing around, hope this helps. And no i don’t have a PhD I am just a genius...lol

[edit on 19-1-2006 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here is a website for everyone to check out.. www.roswellrods.com... Jose Escamilla is the founder of Rods. He discovered this life form around 10 years ago. If you want more answers try his website.

Although the real answer will finally come once one of them are captured and studied.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have no doubt that camels, cockroaches, and lichens exist... but they have no resemblence to rods. Plus, when these lichens enter space they enter a state of hibernation when all of their bodily functions and cells cease to work. This is similar to lima beans that are sold in super markets, they are in a state of hibernation and considered dead, but can be revived by putting them in water. I have no doubt that lima beans can also survive in space, because market packaging and deep space are very similar. They are both air tight, in an absence of light, and in an absence of water.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Seen them mostly debunked as flying insects. Try an experiment - leave your cam corder on on a summers day with a high depth of field / appature - review the film in slo mo - there you go you have rods

A friend of mine who has invented what is now called the JohnBro technique has imaged Rods in the dead of winter. He has not posted the images yet. He said when he gets a chance he will do so. I will update here when he gets that done. Any how... if they are being imaged in the dead of winter then this means they are not bugs. Also I have found images of them in Space. Below is a link of just one that I have found. I have found a ton of them flying around our sun. www.toledoconnection.com...

They really are not bugs.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
yea those are the same pics i posted a couple days ago. Anyway i have to say something about them, i have been looking at the space pics for a while and have seen that they do not look like the rods we see here on earth. THe ones in space just seen like a line but the ones here have wings if you will call them that. Also if they are found to be flying around in winter time then mabye they move so fast that they creat their own heat or somthing along those lines.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Also if they are found to be flying around in winter time then mabye they move so fast that they creat their own heat or somthing along those lines.

That could be true. We do not know anything about Rods YET. All we know is that they exist. They fly at VERY fast speeds and unless you are acute to the Rods you cannot see them with the naked eye. Until one is captured for study, the knowledge we know about them are very limited.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
*sigh*... i guess some people just won't budge on their beliefs. and by the way, those "rods" in space are not rods. Comparing their proportions to the sun they are close to, they must be hundreds of miles long and extremely thick. They also have no wings. My opinion is that some jerk just took the photo from NASA and circled some solar flares that were a bit more elongated than others, if you look at the photos carefully, the end of the "rod" that is thicker tends to move towards the sun like a comet that is gravitationally attracted to the sun.

Rods?
Give it a rest already!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
you have enlightend me.................

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
Comparing their proportions to the sun they are close to, they must be hundreds of miles long and extremely thick. They also have no wings.

Yes Blue you are right. They are hundreds of miles long.. some longer. They are not Sun spots but I never said they were definately Rods either. They are some kind of life form, possibly Rods. I say this because I have images of them flying in ALL directions, not just one like a Sun spot. Plus a Sun spot is more of a flare, not a Rod shape. I get my images straight off from NASA's public image archive. If they are tampered with then NASA is doing it.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I never said they were sunspots....

I noted that they were possibly solar flares, which are huge bursts of flames that the sun gives off from time to time. And can u provide a link to those NASA pics, I just want to check them out.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you go to www.toledoconnection.com... and look for any link that says another image of a possible Rod taken from SOHO then you will find alot of interesting images. There are also 2 different images taken by SOHO that shows some kind of space ship. You can find those images right on the main page. Once you go to the page that shows the image then you will find a direct link back to NASA's image archive. I did this so people know that I am not tampering with images. NASA has known for a long time that there is other life forms out there in Space and on Mars but they will not come right out and admit it. Has any one seen the Secret transmissions of NASA? Martin Stubb put together a bunch of downlinks he taped from NASA proving there is a life form flying around in Space. You can probably Google NASA secret transmission and read up on it.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here on earth rods are flies. This has been debunked. I saw it on tv where they could reproduce rods. Take a bunch of flies and let them fly in front of the camera and that is it.
In space I can only guess it could be some small ice particles rotating and passing near the camera's objective.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well there was a program called Proof Positive but they did not show all of the facts. I don't even think that show is on anymore. And as far as the Rods found in Space, can ice particles change directions? Google NASA Secret transmissions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join