It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For the posters who say Islam is a 'gentle' religion, not one that advocates killing and terrorizing others, here is a quote from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's 6th President, and advocate of nuclear war.

The following was taken from english.aljazeera.net...
(Aljazeera.net for Tuesday July 11, 2006)

Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has openly called for Israel to be "wiped off the map".

"The establishment of the Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," the president told a conference in Tehran on Wednesday entitled 'The World without Zionism'. "The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land," he said.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad.....

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted by curiousity

For posters who say Islam is a 'gentle' religion, not one that advocates killing and terrorizing others, here is a quote from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's 6th President, and advocate of nuclear war.

See Aljazeera.net for Tuesday July 11, 2006

1) Who says Ahmadinejad speaks for Islam?
Answer: __________ .

2) How many times in the Hebrew Bible did God command His people to “utterly” destroy their enemies? Do you call that a “gentle” religion?
Answer: _________ times.

3) How many Huguenots (Protestants) were burned to death in France on St. Bartholomew Day of August, 1572?
Answer: Approximately 15,000.

4) Contemporary accounts report bodies in the rivers for months afterwards, so that no one would eat fish. Pope Gregory XIII's reaction was jubilant: all the bells of Rome pealed for a public day of thanksgiving, the guns of the Castel Sant'Angelo sounded a joyous salute, a special commemorative medal was struck to honor the occasion, and Gregory commissioned Giorgio Vasari to paint a mural depicting the Massacre, which is in the Vatican.

Gulp! That does not sound like a “gentle” religion to me, Mr C.

So what’s the point of this hokum that Islam is not “gentle?”

See en.wikipedia.org...'s_Day_Massacre

[edit on 7/14/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
For the posters who say Islam is a 'gentle' religion, not one that advocates killing and terrorizing others, here is a quote from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad,

Please explain why he speaks for all muslims, especially considering that many muslims speak out against him and his ideals.

Ahmadinejad is a shi'ite, that alone shows that he can't speak for all of islam, any more than a catholic can speak for all christianity.

And, of course, ahmadenijad is not a religious scholar, religious leader, or religious officer, he's a fanatic, but that counts for nothing.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think that the Muslim religion isnt about killing BUT, when it becomes a fanatical extremist ideal, then the killing comes in. Some figures over in the Middle East are very fanatical about there ideals just like some christians here. Ive been a christian all of my life but sometimes people go overboard. A school that i went to for a short time was fanatical in a way. A teacher said to me "God wants you to dress a certain way" Meaning same colored shirts tucked in with khakis. Same thing with Mahoumad ( sry for spelling). There is a huge difference between Fanaticism and Religion.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

1) Who says Ahmadinejad speaks for Islam?

Answer: _The problem is that Ahmadinejad seems to think he speaks for all islam .

2) How many times in the Hebrew Bible did God command His people to “utterly” destroy their enemies? Do you call that a “gentle” religion?

Answer: _many_ times (Note: Bible written by primitive people as much as 3,000 years ago.).

3) How many Huguenots (Protestants) were burned to death in France on St. Bartholomew Day of August, 1572?
Answer: Approximately 15,000.

4) Contemporary accounts report bodies in the rivers for months afterwards, so that no one would eat fish. Pope Gregory XIII's reaction was jubilant: all the bells of Rome pealed for a public day of thanksgiving, the guns of the Castel Sant'Angelo sounded a joyous salute, a special commemorative medal was struck to honor the occasion, and Gregory commissioned Giorgio Vasari to paint a mural depicting the Massacre, which is in the Vatican.

Gulp! That does not sound like a “gentle” religion to me, Mr C.

Let's see, 1572 is still about 1,000 years ahead of where the radical muslims seem to want to take the world - based on their laws of circa 650 AD. You're trying to compare what radical muslims are doing now with what radical Christians did 500 or more years ago. You really can't see a problem with that?

---- Level Playing Field ----

IMO only an apologist for the radical muslims would fail to understand why your reasoning is faulty.

[edit on 7/14/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Please explain why he speaks for all muslims, especially considering that many muslims speak out against him and his ideals.
Ahmadinejad is a shi'ite, that alone shows that he can't speak for all of islam, any more than a catholic can speak for all christianity.
And, of course, ahmadenijad is not a religious scholar, religious leader, or religious officer, he's a fanatic, but that counts for nothing.

Well said..

I'd also like to point out to the thread starter, that there are MANY threads with this same topic. It is old news. It really is. It would also be more professional if you started threads without adding on closed minded opinions. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by Nygdan

Well said..

I'd also like to point out to the thread starter, that there are MANY threads with this same topic. It is old news. It really is. It would also be more professional if you started threads without adding on closed minded opinions. Thanks.

Since I'm the thread starter, I'll add, "what's your point?" to your first closed minded statement. Not like it isn't the same thing with a 100 other threads.

2ndly, what opinion did I post that you refer to? Is it that I said this was for those who believe the lie that Islam is a peaceful religion? Is that the one that pricked you?
Or were you just altogether mistaken?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The guy is a certifed nutter, who belives he speaks for god and the entire muslim world. He is forever spouting off about wiping irsael of the map, and how his country has the rigth to nuclear power when he really wants a Nuke.

If he isnt careful he is likely to come unstuck,and up having his own people take him down( ok im sure they will be encourgaed to relvolt, as they did back in the 70's when the Sha come to power, and we all know who back the sha and why)

iran is at a crossroads, it can conitue being a pain to the world abcking terriost, and pissing the US and europe off, irgnoring the UN. or maybe just maybe play ball let the world see they arent delveoping a secret nuke progam and that they want to be a valued memebr of the international communtiy and as long as this guy is in power, iran is heading for an invasion or just being bomb backed to the stone age by irsael and the US

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhiteMr C.

Firstly, as I've pointed out to you before, Mr bobwhite, its Ms C to you.

2ndly, the "hokum" is that there are those who profess that Islam is a "peaceful" religion. For some practitioners, that may be how they view it, but from an outside view, it is the practioners that are bombing Israel, and that flew planes into the Twin towers of NYC.

Url is skepticsannotatedbible.com... for all quotes

Here is a partial quote from Quran 9:5:

Kill the mushriqeen where ever you find them."
[Al-Qur’an 9:5]
(mushriqeen = pagans, polytheists,(including Trinitarian believers in Christianity, kuffar (non-believers in Islam)

And from 9:14

Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them,

And 9:29

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low

And, finally, 9:33

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the Religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.

Url is skepticsannotatedbible.com... for all quotes

Ah, yes, peaceful. Ah, yes, tolerant of those who don't believe as they do. Ah, yes, so much more peaceful and 'tolerant' than Judaism or Christianity.

Go on, mr bobwhite, you are the fount of all knowledge according to your many posts and articles, contradict these quotes if you will.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
the problem with the extremists is they see life after death as better than living. this is the main problem, whether they get this truly from the religion they follow, i don't really know.

does the islamic religion actually say that they will be rewarded in death for fighting for there cause.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I went looking for an answer to your question and forgot the question before I got through reading quite a few of the entries in the Quran.

This is one quote I found at www.usc.edu...

002.191 (Pickthal) And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you
there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

By the way, as I'm reading along I found that there are Islamic sources which decry the "neglect of the Quran" among the followers of Islam, so sounds like they have about as good a grasp on what it says as a lot of Christians have on the Bible sayings and intent.

In response to your question , here is one entry from www.islamicity.com...

3:195 And thus does their Sustainer answer their prayer: "I shall not lose sight of the labour of any of you who labours [in My way], be it man or woman: each of you is an issue of the other. [150] Hence, as for those who forsake the domain of evil, [151] and are driven from their homelands, and suffer hurt in My cause, and fight [for it], and are slain - I shall most certainly efface their bad deeds, and shall most certainly bring them into gardens through which running waters flow, as a reward from God: for with God is the most beauteous of rewards."

Here is the only quote I could find quickly concerning mates in paradise, note that Gardens of paradise is an oft occurring phrase

55:56 In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze, whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then.

Hopefully, some Quran scholar can provide a better answer

new topics

top topics

join