It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup official shot himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Berlin's top World Cup official shot himself in the head just hours after the tournament ended and is now fighting for his life, police say.
Juergen Kiessling, 65, was rushed to hospital from his house in Reinickendorf, a suburb of Berlin, after a neighbour heard the shot.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder is he feeling guilty over something? Was he threatened? Or is he just sad?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So if he shot himself how hard is he "fighting for life?"

I guess I don't have much to add, other than my distaste for the articles wording...

carry on.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I got the impression he was a referee from the article. He's not.
Yeah, fighting for his life, I wonder.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Meh. The world cup was so wrapped in scandal that Im not surprised. Did anyone of you see the totally incompetent umpires australia kept getting?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Meh. The world cup was so wrapped in scandal that Im not surprised. Did anyone of you see the totally incompetent umpires australia kept getting?

English referee Graham Poll booked one player three times but forgot to send him off until after showing him a third yellow, blew for full-time just as what would have been Australia’s winner was crossing the line, and also missed a blatant Croatian handball in the penalty area.

Perhaps a case for match fixing? At the end of the referee has the final say in matters. He can discuss with officials- but still his word is final.

A list of other mistakes conceded by referees is here

As for the German official, well we all knwo this world cup was reffered to as the advertisers dream with around 8 different promoters all wrestling to be the 'ones'. Competition was extremely fierce and the German official was one of the ones to decide upon sponsers. I'm more than sure something went on behind the scenes and I think the stories hold interesting research space.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's just a supposition but it could be because he was supposed to fix the World Cup so that Germany would win. Maybe he had ties to organized crime and failed them. Maybe they had threatened to kill his family and he figured that if he killed himself that would end it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
WTF?

Maybe he lost a Bet or something...

Now I watched probably the majority of the games at the Cup and I must say that the referees were at some points making incredibly stupid actions against the players and I am just waiting for a Scandals to break out now that the Championship is over.

But it is probably something like Dr Love said: Mafia Business a Gwaan.

new topics

top topics

join