It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fantastic pics and description of N.Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.militaryphotos.net...

i think this should give a few members an insight to N. Korea,

the guys descriptions and photos are fantastic.

whats really interesting as all the photos that 'shouldnt' have been allowed,

jeez man..that place looks like a real hell hole.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by optimus fett]

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thanks for that post optimus

Certainly opens your eyes does'nt it. Does anyone know much about N. Koreans who secretly choose to rebel against this way of life? Surely some people must see the grass is greener outside that place?

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Certainly opens your eyes does'nt it. Does anyone know much about N. Koreans who secretly choose to rebel against this way of life? Surely some people must see the grass is greener outside that place?

yeah..i was thinking that, surley people would try and escape but having said that, u dont hear many tales of folks getting out of n. korea do you?

it reminds me of russia in the 50's.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Very sad.
Another country that has potential to be a great place, but of course is being held back. Feel bad for the people.

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just been looking at some N. Korean blogs, some are pretty funny and obviously a mickey take, but others i'm not so sure. Take this for example, i'm in two minds but i'm kind of thinking it's a serious one. Scary.

juchegirl.blogspot.com...

There are more on this site.....

jetiranger.tripod.com...

Check out the N. Korean blogs tab at the side menu and try the "beloved leader" one, some good pics on there.

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
do you guys also notice how these countries always seem to lack any colour. it must be living in the west where we have bright lights everywhere, but that place looks like a really cold(i don't mean temp) weird place. everywhere seems to be grey or light blue in colour. do you people notice the only colour there seems to be in that place in in phots and pictures of the dictator, strange.

no wonder to look a bit pissed of in the photos.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
ya north korea is rly hardcore about that communism thing.

the pics scream "work harder, eat less!" ala animal farm.

too bad our nuke's smp's will knock out all the currency farmers...wow economy will be effected.

of course, judging from the photos, it won't be to hard to "bomb them back to the stone age." most of the country is already there. melt the cities and then air-drop ramen noodles for north korea's BEST DAY EVER!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
thanks for the links, optimus.

i think it looks nice there - peaceful and quiet.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

i think it looks nice there - peaceful and quiet.

i think your right quango, thats an interesting spin on all the attention being drawn to us thinking its some total hell hole, im embarassed i said that in my post...if it wasnt for the facts of the starving masses un provided for by their loopy leader i wouldnt mind kicking back in a north korean park and having a smoke away from the pepsi, armarni, mcdonalds adds that were so used to.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
yeah..i was thinking that, surley people would try and escape but having said that, u dont hear many tales of folks getting out of n. korea do you?

There are occasional stories of people who escape into S.K. or Japan, and they all tell stories of horror.

Thanks very much for these revealing pics, optimus. More of this stuff should be posted on ATS, imo. You get a WATS from me.

You have voted optimus fett for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't notice anything all that bad in those pictures.

Maybe some of you should come visit downtown Newark or Irvington, NJ (USA)

There are places right here in USA and in MANY other places in the world that are worse than what is shown in those pictures.

CX

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

There are places right here in USA and in MANY other places in the world that are worse than what is shown in those pictures.

Thats a joke right? I think you'll find that no matter how "bad" some parts of the USA is, or indeed other places in the world are, it's not just the architecture and scenery that is being highlighted here.

CX.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Thats a joke right? I think you'll find that no matter how "bad" some parts of the USA is, or indeed other places in the world are, it's not just the architecture and scenery that is being highlighted here.

CX.

Sorry that what I said was not clear: I wasn't just referring to the scenes in the pictures. I was referring to the statements as well.

Anyone who thinks that North Korea is the only place in the world where they have no electricity, die of starvation, pee in the middle of the street, etc. needs to get out and visit some of the impoverished areas in this world. Join the Peace Corps for a few years or even do some volunteer work in the major cities of the USA. There are a lot of people in this world who are much worse off then people in North Korea and would gladly trade places with them.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sure, there is poverty in the US but very little of it is quite as extreme as what is in NK. When you visit the US, there is no guide telling you where you can and cannot go and what you can and cannot take a picture of. Theren't totem poles in every city and town with quotes from Bush on them either. You will not find the United States coastline closed off with electric fencing to stop Americans from escaping.

I wonder if deep down some of you actually realized what you're saying, but say it and convince yourself you believe it anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

There are a lot of people in this world who are much worse off then people in North Korea and would gladly trade places with them.

Crock of crap. Name one person who would "gladly" go to North Korea to live.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Crock of crap. Name one person who would "gladly" go to North Korea to live.

lol, i have to be honest i dont think anyone would 'gladly' go to live in N.Korea, although i would consider a vacation there...more as an 'eye opener' than anything else....i still find something quite enchanting about it....

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There are impoverished places in the U.S. and Europe etc. of course, but nothing like NK where practically everyone in the country is starving to death. And in the Western countries, especially in the U.S., we have a great degree of social mobility where people born in the slums with hard work and a good education can end up as millionaires. There is no hope in NK other than maybe becoming some party member or working as a scientist testing poison gas on people and other forms of torture. And then even if you that, it just means you get food and decent housing.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
While it is true that there are many places in the world something as simple as a nutritious meal is hard to get, North Korea stands out as a particularly evil place because of the systematic way in which the government oppresses its own people.

It has been said that an entire generation of North Koreans are growing up physically stunted, that is, shorter and lighter by a large margin, when compared to their South Korean brothers and sisters (who come from the same gene pool).

For an interesting look at what the North Koreans do to those people whom they perceive as politically dangerous, take a look at this article.

It is truly sad to see a people suffer like this, and ever sadder still to see that they lack the basic will and desire to rebel against the evil that enslaves them.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I would gladly go be on the first line of troops invading North Korea to free the people from the evil Reds. I hate communist, never trust them, never believed them. If any thing good comes out of a communist country I say its just a trick of the devil and should be taken as a offense.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
pyros...

i read your link, many thanks for posting....that has really,really disturbed me...it doesnt sound any better than the holocaust atrocities...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join