It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ##

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by VType
Agreed. But we used to be able to post alternate theories for discussion as well and even in those the De bunkers are sometimes very much disrepectfull.

You still are, just add something corroborating your "alternative theories".
And example of something you shouldn’t do. You shouldn’t keep telling someone that all their sources are wrong and or somehow flawed because they are controlled and or written by the "Elitists", "NWO", and or Government while offer nothing to substantiate that claim. And of course I do not mean you specifically, just a hypothetical example which may be about anyone here on ATS.

Thanks for the interest though.

No problem, what can I say, for better or wore your posts compell me to respond.

Thats cool West Point 23. I acknowledge your rights to levy whatever opinion you have. And I would hope you will allow me the same. And also even though my post mentioned you in paticular( you were the last guy that told me Fubar. Just kidding)
you are not really the "disrespectfull" ones I was refering too. Peace and I look forward to many agreeing and disagreeing times with you in the future. And as a rule I will keep my offensive or deemed humilating responces to a minimum as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Speaking Of Crap

Originally posted by uplander
Indignant about not being paid to do something you volunteered to do - I am sure that if you are tired of dealing with this "crap" you can unvolunteer yourself, eh?

We encounter abuse constantly, but the notion that members are free to mistreat us with impunity is gravely mistaken.

We are members too, and the T&C apply to interaction with the staff as they do to all other activities on ATS.

We encourage members to tell us when they think something is wrong, and want members to feel comfortable speaking candidly, but this does not extend to condoning insults and rudeness toward moderators.

Members who endeavor to make it their business to harass or abuse staff members should bear this in mind.

Common Law

Meanwhile, getting back to the topic, I want to reiterate the point that the overwhelming majority of members won't need to change anything about the way they post on ATS.

These new measures are of consequence to a relatively small minority on ATS, most of whom know exactly who they are.

We try not to punish honest mistakes, but deliberate misconduct is a different matter entirely.

Please be assured that we go to great lengths to distinguish between the two.

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I for one prefer the polite approach, it's really easy to just start slinging mud from one side to another. This should be (and for the most part is) almost a safe haven from the polarization that surrounds us constantly.

You've got it man.

Anybody who feels diffrently is obviously a godless communist. Kidding, just kidding.

Nothing wrong with a rib, as long as you're just joking. Humor sometimes hides other thoughts but if it's just a joke, where's the harm. Sometimes it defuses a situation.

Are you watching me? GAAAA, the camera's.

So I'll say it, thanks for keeping my potty mouth in check...dirty mutant.

Spiderj

[edit on 7/5/2006 by Spiderj]

Back at you man, thanks, it's the community that counts.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yep absolutely. Everyone should read the book "Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten" by Robert Fulgum(SP?). Being polite is free.

And yes I am watching you...stop picking at that thing or you'll leave a scar and stop drinking from the carton, that's just disgusting...but perhaps I've said too much.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thats cool West Point 23. I acknowledge your rights to levy whatever opinion you have. And I would hope you will allow me the same.

Of course, that's what ATS is all about, mutual respect for each other lets us exchange ideas, views and opinions which then leads to a civil and reasonable debate/discussion about said idea or view. Of course it does not always work out like that but I firmly believe that the people who make ATS run (the staff and the members) are overwhelmingly commited to this goal.

nd I look forward to many agreeing and disagreeing times with you in the future. And as a rule I will keep my offensive or deemed humilating responces to a minimum as well.

Likewise.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
(some posts were removed)

Please keep this thread focused on the issue of political bickering within ATS threads.

If not, the thread will be closed to comments.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks. The entire reason I was turned off by the Mr. Gaubatz Thread about WMD in Iraq was because it turned into a slug fest about politics. Im very happy to see this won't be happening anymore.

p.s.- I tend to avoid PTS at all costs, I am too young to have an aneurysm

[edit on 5-7-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Marvelous idea SO! I'm with you 100%.

Put the politics to its proper place, it's choking too many good threads here.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'd like to chime in.

True, some of the threads are very bias. True, the flaming and bickering should stop. Unfortunatedly, these are times when everyone has very strong opinions.
It is very hard to "allow" the other team to say things which we know are not true.
Things are happening today that are totally overwhelming....ATS has never in its existence experienced the turmoil we are all experiencing today.
I think we should all be civil- on the other hand, i find it extremely difficult when someone hops on the thread to tell me just how WONDERFUL things are-

Things are not wonderful. Things are rotten. Things couldnt be worse. I try, but sometimes its very hard to cope with brainwashed people who cannot see the forest for the trees.

I am sorry to say that I dont think ATS will succeed (if i'm understanding correctly), at ending sniping. I think the only way to really end this is to have all members of one political party or another.
I've been here a couple of years and slightly remember the comments about Bill Clinton- even only two years ago.... But that subject matter was less dangerous than the subject matter we have today. Today, our lives are at stake, our world, everything we took for granted seems to be on the way out. People are nervous-
that includes us. Some of us live in fear, some of us are scared and we all react in different ways. To some, denying the signs of the times is the way to go. To others who are scared, defending what we no longer seemingly have is a way for them to try to hold on to the past. All in all, we are all different and have different views. I dont think anyone here can say they at least aren't aprehensive about the state of the world today. Some of us Blame Bush & Co. I must admit, i do.
I am afraid for my children and it is only out of fear that i start threads and go off the deep end. I am afraid. I want a government who works for ME and not against me.
Anyway, i'm not good at finding the right words, but if there way a ray of hope that things would get better...i'd be posting it. I just dont see it happening, at least not in the near future.
I guess the moral to this story is, ATS has never been around such a troubled world as we are in now. It is going to be hard to control.
Let us try, i guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I'd like to chime in.

True, some of the threads are very bias. True, the flaming and bickering should stop. Unfortunatedly, these are times when everyone has very strong opinions.
It is very hard to "allow" the other team to say things which we know are not true.
Things are happening today that are totally overwhelming....ATS has never in its existence experienced the turmoil we are all experiencing today.

I guess the moral to this story is, ATS has never been around such a troubled world as we are in now. It is going to be hard to control.
Let us try, i guess.

That or we just learn to have some self control when trying to be objective in finding the truth. The best advice I ever got on this site was "if you feel like yelling at the people or something, just hit that little red X and walk away for 20 minutes to cool down". If you cant control yourself from making posts that don't belong, should you really be discussing important topics? I have had plenty of times where I either
A)Hit the X and came back later
or B) wrote most the post then just left that thread, moving on to another one.

I have had times where I didn't and I very well should have. I will assume more responsiblity for my posts now though. I expect everyone else to do the same.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Grim,

I agree. I've written many responses and deleted them just as fast.

Nobody will ever know

It is hard to take sometimes, and yes, i do hit the X many times a day. I dont log off though

NEVER.

* getting darn close for another group hug again* where is that thread?

[edit on 5-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So can we straighten up the upside down ATS sign now?

We will be good. Promise.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
That or we just learn to have some self control when trying to be objective in finding the truth.

Right on, and well-said. I can easily say that Bush and his administration are behind 9/11. I can say that it extends back to president XXXXXX. I can name every person I believe is part of the conspiracy. But not ONCE do I have to mention my feelings towards any politcial party. And there should be no reason to do so in these threads ... again, most of these threads are titled "9/11 was a conspiracy" or "bush administration was behind 9/11" (paraphrased of course). If you want to talk about conspiracy, talk about conspiracy. You want to show that the Bush administration is behind things, shows some facts. You want to talk about red vs. blue, go to PTS. There is no need to interject personal political feelings into debate proving or disproving a factual event. Arguing left-wing/right-wing is doing nothing but furthering the collective ignorance of those trying to deny it (by diverting threads from intelligent debate about the facts). Again, just my two lincolns.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The topic of this thread is:

New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ##

Let's please focus on that, and avoid straying into the realm of posting false and misleading speculation about moderator actions.

Again, there wasn't speculation. The Troubleshoota reference was in direct connection to this thread. I'm not slinging out accusations, just calling what I saw today. There was a bit of muscle used and the poster made himself quite clear on the feelings regarding this particular thread.

Remember that it was your decision, not his, to boot him for 48 hrs. No harm, no foul but I don't particularly like looking over my shoulder. and I'd like to add that I see some of it creeping in *again* and not really being moderated.

Sorry to say, but there are some of us who are seeing some favoritism over the past while, and it's getting old too.

Another "generalization" but if I get specific, I get booted.

Get the point?

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Anon4this1]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon4this1

Again, there wasn't speculation. The Troubleshoota reference was in direct connection to this thread. I'm not slinging out accusations, just calling what I saw today. There was a bit of muscle used and the poster made himself quite clear on the feelings regarding this particular thread.

Remember that it was your decision, not his, to boot him for 48 hrs. No harm, no foul but I don't particularly like looking over my shoulder.

No he started talking about how any lefty that thinks 9/11 was done by bush is foolish. That does not belong in this thread or on ATS. It belongs in PTS if anywhere. in fact it hardly belongs there because its just a blatent attack on left wing people, it doesn't even have a point.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The problem with political baiting here is that half of the members are devoted to Bush-bashing diatribes, a quarter of them being defensive of Bush, another quarter getting caught in the middle and the remaining quarter not care a whit of political debates.

Where do you stand on?

I'm still angry about rich23's hijacking his own anti-Bush/anti-American/anti-Marines thread and getting punished for being angry at him while he got away with his politically hijacked thread. I trust it won't happen again.

I'm just sick and tired of being dragged into an anti-American discussion by some members' virulent statements.

I'm actually glad that Skeptic Overlord made the right decision with this. No more hijacked threads on political grounds and IGNORANT BIAS by some members. This is a CONSPIRACY forum board. Take your hate-America rants somewhere else please.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon4this1

Remember that it was your decision, not his, to boot him for 48 hrs. No harm, no foul but I don't particularly like looking over my shoulder.

The above is an example of Absolutely NOT GETTING IT...

Originally posted by grimreaper797
No he started talking about how any lefty that thinks 9/11 was done by bush is foolish. That does not belong in this thread or on ATS. It belongs in PTS if anywhere. in fact it hardly belongs there because its just a blatent attack on left wing people, it doesn't even have a point.

While the above here is a PRIME example of GETTING IT and someone who ATS is here for.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You have to see between anti american and objective conspiracies. Just because bush name is mentioned in bad light doesn't immediately become right vs left.

When the person starts plain out bashing threads, not links or proof, and just completely out of order as far as conspiracies go, thats when its uncalled for. Saying bush knocked down the towers is not political bias so long as you aren't blatently bashing and giving no proof. Being objective is different then pretty much trolling.

The Mods are ultimately the ones to decide the line of which are bashing and which are objective, and I trust they will make the right decisions regardless of their personal opinions. I have faith that mods and such were choosen carefully and wouldn't have been choosen otherwise.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

The above is an example of Absolutely NOT GETTING IT...

Springer...

As I said, you're the boss...so "will do" is my only available answer at this time.

I get it.

I also went back and tried to clarify.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Paid political operatives eh? Looks like we've hit the big time.
Being spammed by a bunch of kids who've been suckered into some kind of Nazi internet blitz nonsense was one thing, but you mean to tell me that the REAL fascists (referring to both parties) have taken notice?
The new phone book is here! I'm somebody now!

Hey, if any of you operatives are reading, would you pass word up the chain of command that I'm looking for a job in intelligence? I'm not exactly loyal but I'm smart and I can be bought. Please do so before you are exiled.

able was I ere I saw elba

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join