It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the blind OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So I was walking around with my eyes closed the other day... just to see what a blind person goes through. Then I got to thinking, hmm I wonder if blind people can OOBE to 'see' things?

Anyone know of someone blind who has done it? Or are there any documented cases of a blind person doing this? I think if a blind person can project and see something from far away, that would be a pretty legit test

[edit on 3-7-2006 by noslenwerd]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
From watching "What The Bleep Do We Know?" I concluded (in my own theory) we merely use eyes on the physical plane, and use the mind on the astral. Blind people can also dream/visualize, although they have no eyes, like everyone else. It is sort of the same idea to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is a similar discussion which my gf brought up. We were riding our bikes and suddenly she forms a theory from my AP experiences and blind people. If people can get out and still use their body at the same time, a blind individual would then be able to see where they are walking.

Eyes are indeed used only on this physical realm such as Volatile states. This can be given some more backbone by mentioning several blind individuals laying under narcoses in a hospital while being under the knife. Afterwards the individuals could excactely say what happened and how the people present looked like. Not bad for someone who can't see.

Another thing that you can use are visualisation techniques. Close your eyes, let your thoughts wander about freely and eventually you will start catching glimpses of imagery flashing by fleetingly. Practice so that you can experience each visual in great detail and recall it for longer periods of time. You see these visuals with your mind and not your eyes.

When asleep an individual AP's and can see themselves laying asleep with their eyes closed.

Do I need to go on or do you get the picture?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What about people blind from birth that has never seen anything...?
When they feel things..do they make mental 3D-maps in their heads?
Are their dreams more auditory?

[edit on 7-7-2006 by D15t0rT]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by D15t0rT

You should probably go ask an individual who has been through that situation, i.e. blind from birth.

... And we state once agian: You don't use your eyes on the astral plane...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Are memories stored in the brain? If so current science has yet to find "where". I hypothosize that a blind-since-birth person would be able to "see" with their minds once they elevated their consciousness to a quantum level...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile

Originally posted by D15t0rT

You should probably go ask an individual who has been through that situation, i.e. blind from birth.

... And we state once agian: You don't use your eyes on the astral plane...

Actually this is sorta wrong. People are so adapted to life here that when most people go into the AW they act as if it were some type of dream. Alot of people have no idea wtf the AW is...

In other words if we went to a church and said we see spirits in ths AW, chances are they will say demon this or something to that effect.

I will say some do see in the AW , but most like here use things like they do here.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Actually this is sorta wrong. People are so adapted to life here that when most people go into the AW they act as if it were some type of dream. Alot of people have no idea wtf the AW is...

In other words if we went to a church and said we see spirits in ths AW, chances are they will say demon this or something to that effect.

I will say some do see in the AW , but most like here use things like they do here.

People have been said to see nothing but darkness when they are in the "AW" (which I assume is "Astral World"), they have been told to just open their eyes. Once they did, they could see clearly. Anyway...

You might call me stupid but, heh, here goes: WHAT IF...

Eyes equaled physical world, and eyes did not equal astral world? Okay, sure forget it.. It was a crazy thought no less.

top topics

join