It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Phoenix last night

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Check out this picture

This looks almost exactly like the same "ufo" picture that was taken over....I think it was Washington? There is a thread here on ATS about the other incident.

There was a debate on whether it was a picture of a plane when the camera was set to a slow shutter speed. Looking at the lights of the cars on the ground in this picture it does not seem like other lights are elongated or blured to suggest that it is a slow shutter speed picture. Interesting either way.

Here's the source of the picture. www.ufomag.com...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This is interesting. both photographs are remarkably similar.
I've looked at Jeff Woolwine's homepage and he hasn't got the pic there as yet though.Is Jeff a Ufologist?, not really sure by looking at his webpage.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
it's a plane, either leaving or circling sky harbor (lower right). the picture was taken from the top of south mountain - if there was a slow shutter speed, the cars on the ground would look pretty normal comparable to the plane, as the plane was pretty close and moving much faster - the cars you aee are easily 2 miles away from that vantage point.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
wait, no...the windows aren't elongated, and neither are the other lights on the plane.

i smell photoshop.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It's an aircraft.

That's what i see, I used to work in the aviation industry and have taken similar photos of aircrat on short final at dusk.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Its definitely a plane, although from the picture, it appears to be flying pretty damn low. That could be a case of perspective tho, or a trick of the camera.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
UFO magazine is calling it a "huge mother ship"
www.ufomag.com...

I will have to email my brother and see if he saw it.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Its definitely a plane, although from the picture, it appears to be flying pretty damn low. That could be a case of perspective tho, or a trick of the camera.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

it's flying low because it's coming to or leaving from sky harbor, which is only a mile or two away.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its a plane.

When you want to take a pic at night, what do you have to do? Collect more light. To collect more light you have to leave the shutter open longer. Anything passes in front of the lens during that time will distort due to its movement during the longer exposure.....Im sure most peeps should know this, eh?

If it is very similar to the DC pic, has someone checked to see if the DC pic was cropped and layered into this image?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
UFO magazine is calling it a "huge mother ship"
www.ufomag.com...

Such an institution of critical thinking..
"UFO Magazine" would have to rank just below the "National Enquirer" for fact checking, critical thought, and a connection with reality.

At least the "National Enquirer" usually gets its "news" from the same plane of reality the rest of us deal in.

Springer...

[edit on 6-29-2006 by Springer]

new topics

top topics

join