It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather we're having in LA isn't it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For the past two days, the weather was kind of cold out. Then all of a sudden the Sun passed through the clouds and it was like 85 Fahrenheit outside. I looked through the clouds at about 3:54pm PST and saw that the clouds were covering the sun up. The weather cooled to about 75 Fahrenheit and I saw two huge black birds. Two of them. They looked like birds from far away with a wingspan of about 40-50 feet. They weren't flapping at all, going very fast in wind from under the black clounds that blocked the sun about 4 minutes after. The birds looked like they were going very fast. Maybe 60-80mph.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by PizzaCrust]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
at 3:47 pst it was 93* in LA, is that normal for this time of year?
I thought it was about a high of 70* there pretty much all
year around.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's a kind of odd variation on the typical "June Gloom." The strange thing is the increased humidity, which Southern California never used to have. Apparently all the people living here has increased the humidity, so things like evaporative (swamp) coolers don't work anymore. I would say that it's getting to be earthquake weather, but that usually happens when this stuff is followed by cold Santa Anas blowing in from the High Desert.

Expect a big Fire Season in October, though. With lots of high, dry heat and fires in the hills.

I thought it was about a high of 70* there pretty much all year around.

That's a common misperception. Overall, the weather is temperate, but the summers can get mighty hot, and the winters can get surprisingly cold and damp. It actually snowed on me once in Studio City. That was a real oddity, though.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PizzaCrust
For the past two days, the weather was kind of cold out. Then all of a sudden the Sun passed through the clouds and it was like 85 Fahrenheit outside. I looked through the clouds at about 3:54pm PST and saw that the clouds were covering the sun up. The weather cooled to about 75 Fahrenheit and I saw two huge black birds. Two of them. They looked like birds from far away with a wingspan of about 40-50 feet. They weren't flapping at all, going very fast in wind from under the black clounds that blocked the sun about 4 minutes after. The birds looked like they were going very fast. Maybe 60-80mph.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by PizzaCrust]

are you sure, these were birds?

nevermind... i totally agree with you, that the weather was somehow strange last days!

new topics

top topics

join