It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flouride in our Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If any members could let me know what flouride actaully does to us once it is in the general water consumption - what would experimentation of this actually achieve?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
www.fluoridealert.org...

It's a bit long winded, but very informative!
Scary, scary, scary.

And for the record, I used unfluoridated toothpaste, and no, my teeth have not dropped out

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Delta Alter]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
IF flouride has all those negative effects then why is it added into the water

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kipman725
IF flouride has all those negative effects then why is it added into the water

Thats the crux of the conspiracy kipman. Various theories from mind controll to outright population pruning is endlessly batted around.

But, the anti crowd seems to ignore the fact that quite a few commu nities have natural occuring background flouride levels that exceed the flourination levels in municipalities that add flouride to thier water.

The bottom line is it does help prevent cavaties and also help lower socioeconomic families that may have to scrimp on such items as toothpaste to put food on thier tables etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Who knows?

I suppose as a Conpiracy Theorist it is only natural to go down the paranoid route that the Government wants us as weak and pathetic as possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
[But, the anti crowd seems to ignore the fact that quite a few commu nities have natural occuring background flouride levels that exceed the flourination levels in municipalities that add flouride to thier water.

The bottom line is it does help prevent cavaties and also help lower socioeconomic families that may have to scrimp on such items as toothpaste to put food on thier tables etc.

The fluoride levels added to water are 200 times higher than naturally occuring fluoride.

And as for preventing cavities - the risks by far outweigh the benefits. Cavities can be prevented by sticking to a healthy diet and dry brushing teeth.( If for example you cannot afford toothpaste)

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the Atom bomb uses a couple of tons of Flouride to enrich the Uranium.
Could the flouride in the water be the old stuff left over or from the enrichment process?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
it is a sedative. nazis gave flouride to the jews in camps for sedation purposes. so it is not very good is it.

i remember on a radio show once, the presenter said this. outside a water treatment plant, came a flouride truck and it had the toxic sticker on it. we all know that symbol

[edit on 27-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am much more concerned about the amount of dihydrogen monoxide in my water. It is far worse for human health than the small amount if fluoride.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just to let you know flouride is not just in water. If you drink tea, yes flouride is in tea as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
After traveling to Central America, and not being able to access tap or running water, I have realized what a blessing flouride in our tap water can be. After being there for 4 months, and coming back to the States, my teeth felt as if they were all loose in their sockets. I have been home for almost a month, and my teeth are back to normal. This may show what a dependancy we have for the flouride, but nevertheless, it is definately a factor for strong teeth.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It is essentially a nationwide experiment on our health (imo)...we have had fluoridated water for around the lsat 60 some years, and we still don't know a whole lot about it. It does accumulate within bones, as well as within certain parts of the brain, and having this accumulation of fluoride is unnerving to me. It has been implicated in increased dental problems (too much fluoride), bone cancer, as well as many other ailments, although most studies I've seen have been inconclusive. I personally don't see the merit in using it for dental health, in a developed nation such as the USA, where almost everyone here has easy and cheap access to a toothbrush and fluroide toothpaste. In other regions of the world where people have nothing, fluoridated water has definitely improved their dental health, but I don't see why we need it here.

As for the reasoning behind a so-called conspiracy, there are people who say it was used by "communists", nazis, etc for mind control, but I've never seen any proof. If anything, it seems like a good way to sell off large amounts of manufacturing byproduct to the masses (leftovers from using it to create hydrofluoric acid to purify aluminum and uranium, as well as other uses). Sodium fluoride (anti-cavity compound in toothpaste) used to be an ingredient in rat poison, and it is also classified as being "very toxic". Hexafluorosilicic acid usually used for water fluoridation is classified as being "toxic". The main issue here is that trace amounts of "toxic" compounds can be beneficial, or at least harmless when consumed, as they usually are not consumed on a regular basis over long periods of time, and they are usually flushed out of the body. Fluoride however, is ingested by people all day long, every day, for most of their lives...water, toothpaste, food, even taking a shower can allow it into your system. It also doesn't seem to be readily excreted from the body, as studies have shown that it accumulates quite substantially over time. This is what makes me quite wary about fluoride.

General Jack D. Ripper: Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
I am much more concerned about the amount of dihydrogen monoxide in my water. It is far worse for human health than the small amount if fluoride.

HA HA. Yes, huge percentages of H2O can be found in all water, they tell me. Fluoride is a naturally occurring element in many water systems here in the U.S. In other U.S. areas it is sometimes added. Supposedly used to reduce the incidence of tooth decay, too much fluoride (say over 3 parts-per-million) will cause mottled (pitted) teeth.

top topics

join