It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's In Ancient Fine Art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A program on the History channel a little while ago peaked my interest. Though I have been researching ancient history in refards to alien contacts in the past, I never really noticed that some renaissance painting showed what clear looks like a ufo.

I have seen artifacts and cave drawings which depict scenes one would not normally associate with the time period, but missed the renaissance art.

Maybe it really is true that not only are they here, but have been for a long time. I have searched trough the threads, but save for a few individual posts, have not found much about it here.

Hopefully this will be of interest. I will start a collection of picture that are submited and that I find and post them on my website

Mod edit: Don't use all-CAPS in title please

[edit on 2006/6/24 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Visit ufoartwork.com and you'll see a TON.

However, most are mistaken art symbolism...so don't accept too quickly.
Many of the commonly touted ones are actually misinterpreted symbolism, well-known to those versed in art history. A prime example is the anthropomorphic man in the moon and sun, which is often seen by some as a depiction of beings in a UFO. There's a tapestry with boats on the water, where many believe they are UFOs in the sky, etc.

That said though, there are others that are simply intriguing to say the least, and don't match with any known symbolism, etc.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
A program on the History channel a little while ago peaked my interest. Though I have been researching ancient history in refards to alien contacts in the past, I never really noticed that some renaissance painting showed what clear looks like a ufo.

I have seen artifacts and cave drawings which depict scenes one would not normally associate with the time period, but missed the renaissance art.

Cicada did a quite thorough and most excellent exposition of these "ufo's" in artwork in another thread here at ATS.

It is HERE.

Cicada covered areas like the Rennaisance art you say you'd missed. As far as I recall, there was no mention of cave paintings in the discussion.

Harte

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Cicada did a quite thorough and most excellent exposition of these "ufo's" in artwork in another thread here at ATS.

Thank you for the link. I did a search before I posted but that thread did not come up.Perhaps I did not look hard enough

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This one of the reason's why I can't understand that there are such hardnosed skeptics out there. I find that the renaissance art work with ufo's in them are the basis for the belief in them. If you were to tell me that you seen a ufo and no one ever has , well, then I would be skeptical about the whole thing. But beings that they have been recording them for ever, it let's me know that there is something to the whole thing. Very good thread. I really like subject talk to this nature.

As for the poster's of the accessable sites for the pic's you are referring too, they are the best to go to.

Keep up the good work and "Deny Ignorance"!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.dudeman.net...

this site has tons.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
This one of the reason's why I can't understand that there are such hardnosed skeptics out there. I find that the renaissance art work with ufo's in them are the basis for the belief in them. If you were to tell me that you seen a ufo and no one ever has , well, then I would be skeptical about the whole thing. But beings that they have been recording them for ever, it let's me know that there is something to the whole thing.

Allred,

Go to the thread Cicada started. I linked it above. Once you read it, perhaps you will better understand why there are "such hardnosed skeptics out there."

Harte

top topics

join