It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A slightly different reason for invading Iraq than what we've been told?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So I just got done reading a recently posted article claiming that there were WMD's in Iraq after all. And in all honesty I can't tell if it's true or not. It's most likely misleading to some extent. But what I do know for sure is to never take anything for it's face value. This led me to further think about a pet theory I've had about the war in Iraq.

As most of you know, Iraq sits atop of what was once the most advanced civilization on Earth. One of the first civilizations on Earth that we know of actually. I find it quite interesting that what once once the pinacle of human civilization, now represents the lowest of human civilization. Nothing against the Iraqi people, but it doesn't look to good when you've got a civil war going on in the midst of occupation by an invader.

One of the questions many people have asked is why the US invaded Iraq, and why we're still there. Some say we invaded to boost the economy, some say George W. Bush wanted to finish his father's legacy, some say it was for oil, other's think we wanted a distraction from the real problems at home. The official story is that Sadamn Hussien had weapons of mass destruction (WMD's), which is looked down on by the UN.

Why are we there? Officially I believe that the purpose is to bring stability. Some think we're still searching for WMD's, some think we still want oil, a few think it's all political. My theory is that we're there because we want something. Something from an era long before George W. Bush, before Reagen, before Hussien, even from before the British occupied Iraq. Something from hundreds, possibly thousands of years ago. What are they looking for exactly? Maybe the Garden of Eden for all we know, but my personal theory is that they're looking for alien artifacts of some sort.

It sounds quite far fetched, and I suppose it is. However if you read Chariots of the Gods then you may understand the angle I'm coming from. Actually if you know the backstory to Stargate SG-1 then you probably have a good idea of what I'm talking about. In a nutshell, it's been theorized that alien life forms assisted early human beings. The best example being the construction of the pyramids.

So what leads me to formulate such a theory, other than the geography of the invaded land? Well for starters there was a case in which a US Army base of some sort was apparently built on ruins in Babylon;

Army base 'has damaged Babylon'

Coalition forces in Iraq have caused irreparable damage to the ancient city of Babylon, the British Museum says.

Sandbags have been filled with precious archaeological fragments and 2,600 year old paving stones have been crushed by tanks, a museum report claims.

The US Army says the troops based in the city, some 50 miles (80km) south of Baghdad, are well aware of its historical significance.

- news.bbc.co.uk...

A possible cover up for some form of secret excavation? Doesn't seem out of the question to me.

The second thing is the embassy in Baghdad. As many of you know, it's a city that was essentially the center of the Arabic Empire from hundreds of years ago. So in my opinion it's highly plausible that ancient artifacts from all around the fertile crescent may have been moved there. It's also plausible that artifacts from Egypt may have been stolen and brought to Baghdad. So is it just coincidence that one of the world's largest embassies (property of the United States) is being built along the Tigris river.

Some interesting facts about it;

First, take the sheer size of the Embassy. It will have a staff of 1,500, including over 500 Iraqis designated as Foreign Service Nationals (FSN). Such a large number of people -- more than half civil servants -- will inevitably demand enormous personnel coordination and organization. With so many bodies around, it'll be difficult to determine exactly who does what, and an inordinate amount of dead time will be spent deciding upon assignments and responsibilities. Even Ambassador Francis Ricciardone, who set up the Baghdad embassy, acknowledges "there are technical problems, issues of different management cultures, different ways of keeping records and communicating and doing money and assigning people," while diplomatically stating that "the two lead agencies -- Defense and State -- have been really partnering.wonderfully." (Federal Times, June 28).

- www.commondreams.org...

Protected by 15ft thick walls and ringed by military guards, it signals the seriousness of America's intentions to retain a large and long-term presence in the country. The £315 million building's existence is meant to be a secret. Any request for a comment from the US State Department is met with a terse rebuff, and a plea for a photo opportunity is deemed out of the question.

But it is impossible to keep hidden a complex that will be the size of Vatican City with the population of a small town, especially when it is lit up at nightfall to permit work on it to continue 24 hours a day.

But what's even more interesting comes from the bottom of the article;

It is only in recent weeks that Iraqis have begun to realize the new complex is being built. Last month a local newspaper became the first to write an article on it.

It questioned why the US had been given land in the centre of Baghdad for free instead of having to pay the market price for it.

- www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/06/07/wirq07.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/06/07/ixnews.html

Is it all just part of the bizarrness of war? Or are there really historical, possibly extraterrestrial reasons for invading Iraq?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's another news article I found on the embassy;

Baghdad may have little potable water and only a few hours of electricity a day, but the embassy complex will have its own water treatment facilities and electricity generator.

First Kuwaiti General Trading and Contracting, a subcontractor of Halliburton's Kellogg, Brown and Root, was granted the $592 million construction contract. By December it had been paid about $483 million.

The company is a relative novice in embassy building and has been criticized for its treatment of Asian workers, who, critics say, are imported because they can be paid low wages, and because they work under hard conditions. About 900 laborers live on site as they build the complex, according to a report by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which has congressional oversight responsibility for the project.

I find it somewhat interesting. Here we have numerous underpaid laborers, many of which probably don't speak English. Is it possible that they were hired because they'll be easily forgotten so that they can't tell exactly what they were working on? Sure it makes sense for the embassy to be independant of the Iraqi water and electrical system, but isn't it possible that it serves a second purpose?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Isn't this where the Babylonian's brought the Jews into captivity, enslavement? Nice payback, eh? Nope, wouldn't surprise me a bit. Is there any way in the world to break a mideastern revenge factor? Because we have some serious grudges going on there.

And Jr. is suckered into the religious bit just enough to go for the scheme, they just love that old time religion. He's probably been brainwashed into thinking he's the next Nebechanezbra or something. Fit that man for a golden headdress. (or have they already done that at Bohemiem Grove?)

The trick is to disguise the religious aspirations behind worldly affairs for the purpose of getting 'the people' to fund their follies. That's the disqusting part of it, billions of dollars a month on a war NO ONE should ever want? No one in their right minds, at any rate.

Doncha worry, the cash they'll be making off the oil production once it gets flowing to Haifa won't even help them. Their's is a jealous god, mammon, and nothing will ever be enough. Not when you're paying CEOs more in a day what one worker makes in a year. Evil intentions against the weak and poor.

If it's an evil compromise, only evil can profit. I think it was Ayn Rand who said: "In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit."

And the 'new' WMD announcemnet was just Santorum trying to get himself a bounce in the polls, while being a team player and keeping your eyes off the real news. His partner in crime there, Hoestrer is on the Intelligence Committee. He knew all about these wmd's years ago and probably helped cook up the scheme to 'announce' the find at the right Rovian minute. Is he up for re-election this fall too?

State of Emergency declared in Iraq

[snip]

The state of emergency includes a ban on carrying weapons and gives Iraqi security forces broader arrest powers, Major General Abdul-Aziz Mohamed Jassim of the Defense Ministry said Friday, The Associated Press reported.

"The state of emergency and curfew came in the wake of today's clashes to let the army work freely to chase militants and to avoid casualties among civilians," he said, adding that security forces would arrest people carrying weapons and would shoot them if they appeared to pose a danger.

It's an Emergency because it's getting very close to the green zone.

U.S. and Iraqi troops struggle with insurgents in armed street battle

June 24, 2006

BY KIM GAMEL

ASSOCIATED PRESS

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Iraq's government clamped a state of emergency on Baghdad and ordered everyone off the streets Friday after U.S. and Iraqi forces battled insurgents armed with rocket-propelled grenades, hand grenades and rifles near the heavily fortified Green Zone.

Not good news, peoples.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I feel that this administration had multiple goals going into Iraq.

The two most obvious were to establish a strategic forward base to keep Iran in check protecting
Israel and to prevent Saddam from upsetting the control of OPEC pricing.

We were not so much interested in grabbing the oil as we were with regulating
how much oil was available on the market resulting in continuation of price controls.

This is the same tactic that DeBeers uses to control the price of diamonds.

If Russia were to flood the market with diamonds, the global prices would plummet dramatically.

I tend to agree that another motive could very well be the control of religious information or an attempt to find pre-historic artifacts, much like when Hitler funded numerous expeditions
to find and thus control powerful biblical artifacts such as the Spear Of Destiny, Ark Of The Covenant and so on.

Imagine what would happen if organized religion were to be proven completely false?

You think the DaVinci Code has caused an uproar in organized religion?

Ancient Mesopotamia is well documented as the " Cradle of Civilization "

It is also well documented that the Ancient Sumerians knew the location of Pluto
long before modern man had the ability to see it with the most powerful telescopes.
But that only takes us back 3,500 years.

Early farming has already been well documented going back to

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

A lot of people don't have much food on their table
But they got a lot of forks and knives
And they gotta cut something.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Short answer: Probably

Long answer: Yes,
and there are millions of reasons why. Just search on the web. I just don't even bother thinking why anymore; it hurts my head to think of all of the possible reasons...

Here's my mind set: We're in, and there's no turning back. We leave, and Iraq falls to the terrorists. I'm a hardcore conservative and even I think going to war with Iraq was a bad idea. NOT WORTH IT.

This is the one conspiracy CaptainIraq gave up on a long time ago.

[edit on 25-6-2006 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Great post cyberdude!

I too have long suspected an ulterior motive for the Iraq invasion beyond WMD, oil and even geopolitics. The numbers have never added up to explain the effort involved.

The stargate/artifact connection has long nagged at me - and your supplied embassy info seems to support something along those lines.

Now if we can find out what the German archeological team were really doing before they were interrupted - see this link for some interesting suggestions:

iwa.univie.ac.at...

The problem with such esoteric issues is that they are so hard to rationally verify - but nothing else seems as compelling....

top topics

join