It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do i submit to ATSNN.com?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
oh man,

this is the 3rd time im writing this. Anyways, Im trying to submit some news to ATSNN.com but I cannot seem to do it. Ive read all the guides and everything that overlord has written but I cant find the submit button in memCenter!! Either today im having an incredibly silly day or ive just gone blind! Pleaze help someone.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
At the top of your screen, where you have all the buttons (myNew, newPosts, Chat | News), click the news. The rest is explained pretty much at the bottom of the page that you will transfer to.

Basically, title your news (each first letter in caps)
One to three paragraphs in your own words about the story, without providing your opinion, just the news itself.
Paste the story's link in the url space.
One to Three paragraphs of the story itself goes in next, untouched, just what is written.
If you have additional links, you paste them to the next spaces.
If there are threads, put them in the following spaces labeled for such.

Then, you put your take on the news. What you feel about it, your opinion, and basically what you think you want to steer the thread towards (ie, Is this a prime example of NWO takeover? Is this a test to see how far the Iraqi insurgents can go?)

Then post. Once it's read over and deemed to be done correctly, it goes into submission. Ten votes (I am pretty sure its ten), and it goes into the news, and you are officially a contributor. I hope this helps!

Feel free to u2u me if you ever need some help, I wouldn't mind helping you with one.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
the submit news button is above in the beige bar by the chat button.
You might want to keep a copy on your computer while you are submiting your article incase you lose the whole post.

Edit
niteboy82
beat me to it

[edit on 22/6/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
awsome guys...thanks a mil. *starts furiously tapping away at typewriter*

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
the submit news button is above in the beige bar by the chat button.
You might want to keep a copy on your computer while you are submiting your article incase you lose the whole post.

Edit
niteboy82
beat me to it

Sauron actually you made a very important point that I had not included. Copy during your typing out of the story always! One little error, and the next thing you know, you've lost everything, which can be very very frustrating! Nice to just keep a backup, and I now do it all the time.

I'm eager to see your news stories on here, I think it's cool to see new contributors stepping up to the plate!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
how long does it usually take to be approved? thanks again.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't know how long it takes, but if this is yours "Al Qaeda deputy hunted in Afghanistan" I think you need to edit the quoted article down to 1 or 3 paragraphs.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I don't know how long it takes, but if this is yours "Al Qaeda deputy hunted in Afghanistan" I think you need to edit the quoted article down to 1 or 3 paragraphs.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking if that is the ATSNN article. You just want to get the jist of the story out there. Then people can click on the url for the full story. I have seen a story submitted take 24 hours to go into submission, but that was over the Memorial Day weeked, so of course, I wasn't expecting too many people to be around even to bump it up with all of the other maintenance that goes into the site. I would just be patient, it may take a little bit of time. Also you may want to check out the discussion thread links, they weren't working when I looked at the article.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
thanks guys, i made it shorter.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The ATSNN submssion link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

eoyn, FWIW, your story needs to be voted on my the members to become a story. Five votes are needed.
When the votes are in, you should then see your name, get an auto u2u and the points award.

Good luck

new topics

top topics

join