It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics Professor Finds Thermate On WTC Steel Sample

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I didn't think you were. I agree we both have very valid views and questions. I think in my last post, I used the wrong word. I ment complicit not complacent. Both close in meaning but complicit means they were involved somewhat, complacent means that they didn't care (truthfully, I had to look up the meanings to claryify for myself). I guess both could actually work. Keep up the good work. I like when people question. It gives me a chance to scrutinize my own theories.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
3. Thermite is also used for welding, so it is possible that he is finding traces of thermite used to build the towers.

encarta.msn.com...

In thermite welding, heat is generated by the chemical reaction that results when a mixture of aluminum powder and iron oxide, known as thermite, is ignited. The aluminum unites with the oxygen and generates heat, releasing liquid steel from the iron. The liquid steel serves as filler metal for the weld. Thermite welding is employed chiefly in welding breaks or seams in heavy iron and steel sections.

This is wrong. When taking down a building, just like cutting up a car. They use a oxy/acetylene torch to cut steel.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

However, one torch cutter was overexposed to cadmium and another worker (and possibly three others) was overexposed to CO. The elevated cadmium and CO levels were the result of workers using oxy-acetylene cutting torches and gasoline-powered cutting saws.

press.arrivenet.com...

“Shipbuilding & Demolition, Farm Shops, Scrape Yard, Machinery Works, Steel Mills, Mines, Fire Rescue, Glassware Mills, Marble Mills, Car Reparation, Construction, Tube and Pipe, all the sectors will benefit from our ne cutting torch.

Acetylene has been used in steel cutting and other heat treat operations for many decades. Acetylene is very hazardous and energy costly. It is also notorious for its pollution.

[edit on 6/23/2006 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join