It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economy is Booming....Just ask Halliburton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Source

The fastest growing contractor under the Bush Administration has been Halliburton. Federal spending on Halliburton contracts shot up an astonishing 600% between 2000 and 2005.

Life is good.

Top contractor Lockheed got contracts larger than budget of Congress, Dept. of Interior

There's also lots of job openings at MacDonalds and Wendy's . With very low wages.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah, after all the good jobs have been outsourced to Mexico and overseas, McDonald's is the only thing left. Oh, and when you're ready to retire, you can always get a job handing out carts at Walmart.

600% is astonishing to say the least. But it's just a coincidence... there's no conflict of interest here... keep moving people, nothing to see here

Nice find dg.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
yeah i know i can almost afford half a doughnut......

lol im a lil worried now that our guberment is gonna issue the golden coin buffalo nickle lookalike soon

its gonna be a ounce, an will cost the normal going rate for a ounce of gold.

trying to compensate for something are we?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well, first off I have to say that I do feel that we need companies to help maintain the infrastructure. Now that I've said that, Halliburton has their hands in so many pies because our president has left those pies sitting around for his friends only. I do not condone any type of political favorism, but I know it does happen. Thing is, this is the largest amount of political favors that I have ever seen in a single administration.

Lockheed is another group that has their hands on everything they can.

So the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, until the middle class disappears.

I still wouldn't make that a reason to become friends with the president!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If I remember right Brown and Root was providing LOGCAP deployment support for many years before Halliburton bought Kellog, Brown and Root. I'm not saying that there weren't some golden handshakes going on, but KBR got the logistic support contracts for deployments because they were good at it and because no other contractors were in positions to support the deployments to the extent of KBR.

Did they pad the bill? Without a doubt. No different than any of the other DOD subs documented for years. How much has Lockheed-Martin fleeced the taxpayer?

But I never went without hot water and good chow when at a Brown and Root supported base camp in Bosnia.

I've heard rumor that Halliburton has sold or will soon sell Brown and Root. Haven't checked on that yet, though.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by rollinoffset]

top topics

join