It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu hits canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
According to a report posted Reuters that i found posted on the Drudge report the bird flu has popped up in Canada.

"A quarantine has been instituted at that premise and it's because there's been contact either with live birds or through foot traffic and potential contamination with the original infected farm," said Canadian Food Inspection Agency veterinarian Jim Clark. The CFIA announced on Friday it had detected a case of H5 avian flu in a gosling from a backyard poultry flock after four goslings died, in the eastern province of Prince Edward Island.

here is the full article on reuters: :BIRD FLU IN CANADA

You can also find an alert posted on The RSOE global emergency and disaster database if you go here:RSOE GLOBAL EMERGENCY AND DISASTER DATABASE

here is a snippet from the RSOE which was posted before this article from Reuters so you can see how it happened in the early stages this week:

A domestic goose that died in western Prince Edward Island this week tested positive for an H5 avian influenza virus, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency confirmed yesterday. Samples are being sent to the CFIA's National Centre for Foreign Animal Diseases in Winnipeg so that confirmatory tests can be run and the neuraminidase (the N in a flu virus's name) can be determined. The test results aren't expected until Monday or Tuesday, said Jim Clark, the CFIA's director of animal health. But he said there are already clues that this avian flu virus isn't likely the highly pathogenic H5N1 virus that has decimated chicken flocks in parts of Asia.

hopefully they get this under control. as you can see where it hit is right next to the border to the U.S

Cheerio!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
this is already covered here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd like to add though, that yesterday the Globe and Mail reported a second farm has been quarentined in PEI. I live in Ontario, and it scares me wondering how fast it will take to spread here

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
see! it'll be in the states on september 18th just like I said. I said that ages ago. Mark my words people. For I am no false prophet. Or maybe I am. I'm not too sure. only time will tell....

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
this thread has been up here for a while. i think that thread my have been put up after mine

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It seems the whole bird flu concern has gone very quiet. Is the threat subsiding?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
this thread has been up here for a while. i think that thread my have been put up after mine

Sorry, loam beat you by 2 days, other thread posted 16-6-2006. But this story has gotten quiet on the official news sources.

new topics

top topics

join