It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Missile test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
from www.foxnews.com...

---------------

That reportedly gives the North a launch window of as much as a month for the missile, its most advanced model that experts say could reach parts of the U.S.

White House spokesman Tony Snow declined specific comment on reports that the fueling is complete.

----------

HAHAHA geeze I just laugh when i see "White House spokesman Tony Show" i mean he was FOX NEWS ANCHOR only months ago, its like "HELLO! YOUR GOVERNMENT IS LYING TO YOU! SO MUCH WE CAN PUT THE HEAD OF THE MOST BIAS AND B/SING MEDIA COMPANY AS YOUR POLITICAL SPOKESPERSON! WE'RE NOT JOKING, BUT WE SO ARE!"

why dont they just make the spokesperson a cartoon! or a furry puppet!

OR WHY NOT JUST PUT "HAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR ALL SO GULLABLE!" on a banner behind him? could it get more obvious how corrupt this government/system is?!?!?!?!?!\

------------

oh yeah.. and ah... 1 month! DOH!

[edit on 19-6-2006 by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ya know this really can't be anything serious. It's being soooo reported now. NK knows we know that they have this missile and are going to supposedly launch it.

So do you really think the intent here is to attack? The launched a missile in 1998 into the Pacific Ocean and over Japan's head basically and it wasn't an attack.
This just seems to obvious.

However, that said I know one day this will really happen so I apologize in advance if I see a bright flash. I hope you all make it safely. Good Night and Good Luck...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying I buy into the whole Nuke Attack on the 19th topic, but I thought I would post what has been said on MSNBC, updated about an hour ago.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The activity in North Korea came as the United States began Monday a major set of exercises off the Pacific island of Guam. The 5-day maneuvers, called “Valiant Shield,” involve 30 ships — including three aircraft carriers — 22,000 troops and 280 aircraft.

The chances of a launch Monday were unclear, in part because of the weather at the missile site. There were cloudy skies and chances of showers in the area, with fog along the coast, said Kim Duck-wan, an official at the South’s Korea Meteorological Administration.

a Russian editorial on the subject and said the North “has the due right to have a missile that can immediately halt the United States’ reckless aerial espionage activity.”

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea has finished loading fuel into a long-range ballistic missile, a Bush administration official said Monday as signs continued that the reclusive communist state will soon test a weapon that could reach the United States .... That reportedly gives the North a launch window of about a month.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Didn't we know that N. Korea can hit the US with ballistic missiles for some time now?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Eh North Korea is dueing this because the 6 nation talks have stalematted and with Iran getting more attention from the US. North Korea has decided to press our buttons and get more attention it seems.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think we should be careful about assigning child-like quality's to our enemy's. Testing ICBM,s while you have 10-20 nuke's lying around is a rung on the ladder toward's marrying the two.

Will we be so dismissive when they actually have the capability to take out New York & DC along with 10-15 other city's. So much for the economy with Wall Street vaporized and all the politician's gone!

Retaliation really doesn't mean anything to these people, they're starving the population out of existence already anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If there was even the slightest hint of real danger, theyd be gone allready.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
wait a minute it says here news.bbc.co.uk... they only have a range of 6000 kms but the US is further than that from NK.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The news said that NK won't be able to launch until Wednesday their time because of cloudy skies. I guess we'll find out then...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
lol then they better prey its not cloudy in an event of a possible war or their missiles will be useless.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
WORST CASE SCENARIO

What is the worst case scenario in this situation. The WORST case is that there is a nuke or ICBM?? attached to this Taepodong 2 and that this missile is capable of flying 9300 miles and capable of striking with a certain degree of accuracy a 'significant'target on US soil assuming that they are even going to launch it. These are a lot of assumptions. I would hope with tall the money the US spends on defense that there would be some hope we could knock this threat out of the sky. If NK launches, that is one thing, but to assume the worst is a very far stretch. I think there are just letting us know they still exist. The seem somewhat inantile on that level. Kim is a strange guy.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You can all thank former president Kim Dae Jung and his absolutely absurd "Sunshine Policy" for this mess. That program was an absolute waste of money and actually tolerated North Korea's non-commitment to the actual principles of the Sunshine Policy.

I'm not saying a hard-line policy is the answer, but goodness, the Sunshine Policy has actually strengthened North Korea and isolated it even more rather than improve relations. Kim Dae Jung NEVER deserved that Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arran777
wait a minute it says here news.bbc.co.uk... they only have a range of 6000 kms but the US is further than that from NK.

What they mean by hitting the US is Guam or Alaska. Alaska is on the west coast so many news persons are saying the US west coast. Trying to scare everyone.

I'm in Anchorage which would most likely be a target due to the large number of bases here.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The distance given by the US Gov stated that the missle has a range of up to 9300 miles. Thats Cali. Kudos to Anchorage though. SOrry about all the quakes up there.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
WORST CASE SCENARIO

What is the worst case scenario in this situation. The WORST case is that there is a nuke or ICBM?? attached to this Taepodong 2

The Taepodong 2 is an ICBM....

As I said I would personally like to see one come down on san fransico, you know, the city that thinks the US should have no standing military forces of any kind
...I bet they are all singing a different tune at their cocktail parties now
...DUCK AND COVER!!!

The last I heard the US will shoot down th missle with an ABM (anti ballistic missile) which will effectively put as at war with NK as they will claim the payload was a satelite
just one that would be directed at the US.....how many times can I roll my eyes here?

The US is being tested becasue they believe we have our hands full with Iran/Iraq....

congrats to the anti-american media.....you may have finally convinced our enemies we are defenseless....way to go!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

I'm sorry. Did I miss something? Yes, lets hope our west coast gets hit because some people in SF feel that way. I never heard an official statement from those in SF saying that, so please, generalize entire cities and wish harm on those that live there.

Oh, and sorry I wasnt up on my missle terminology. MB (my Bad).

[edit on 20-6-2006 by TruthWithin]

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/20/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The last I heard, the clouds were rolling in over North Korea, delaying the test launch yesterday. Has anyone read the latest weather report in that region?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I belive the last time they tested a missle the US was caught completely off guard which is why it didnt make main stream news to much back then. Now with things not going to well in Iraq everyone needs a new boogyman to pay attention to.

And for those wondering about the last test it was a 3 stage missle that landed off of the coast of Alaska. THey have had this technology for a while now although it was untested. This test will just confirm it to the world and put them on the list of countries not to mess with.

dod Briefing

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am in SK right now, pretty close to the north. I can ask one of the katusa soldiers about that weather report.

Lol, all this and I am should be on my way soon. Stop loss anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi All

Well i'm probs going to get alot of negitive replys to this but here goes anyway.

Do you all know that the USA is not the only country in the world!

All talking about north korea launching a misslie on you etc etc they have had the capability to launch a misslie at japan for much much longer and NK dislikes japan much more than the US also South korea again there hatred for them is much more than the US.

If this missile can reach the US and from numerous reports (which have been quoted and posted on this forum) can only reach the edge. then its also possible for this missile to hit Britian, Germany or any of the other big political powers in the world all have which have expressed their worries on the subject.

Now don't get me wrong I fear NK as much as anyone and i do believe that the situation needs monitoring. However the US do not have the right to police the world either to we the British. You test your weapons, we test our weapons as do the french etc etc other countries don't like the tests but we all do them anyway so in retrospect the NK also have a right to test their weapons. They probs fear the world as much as we all fear them, even though they do have one of the lergest armies in the world.

Now as I said before i'm not expecting much positive feedback from this and i am sorry but i feel that the countires of the world should be trying to work together and not all about me me me.

This whole NK thing is proberly one of those "lets do something to Scare those Americans and send them into panic" and to show the world what we are capable of.

Again I am sorry about my views on the US thinking but the marjority of the people on this forum tend to think the US controls the world and "IS" the world

Also before any of you accuse me of being a terrorist I am not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join