It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Oppose Timetable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
42 Democrats voted along with house republicans to oppose a time to withdraw military from Iraq. This was after 11 hours of debate. However this vote did not stop the democratic leader Nancy Pelosi from calling the war a grotesque mistake.

www.mercurynews.com
Forty-two Democrats voted with Republicans in the 256-153 final tally on a resolution that equated the conflict in Iraq with the war on terrorism and vowed to "complete the mission" in Iraq and to resist any "arbitrary date for withdrawal." A majority of the Democrats who voted for the resolution were from conservative Southern congressional districts or swing districts that have voted Republican in the past.

The vote was the culmination of 11 hours of House debate about U.S. policy in Iraq, the most prolonged congressional debate on the war since American troops conquered Baghdad in the spring of 2003. It came less than five months before congressional elections, amid flagging public support for the war and as the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq reached 2,500.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, isn't this just something interesting. Even a possibility not even any time soon, two years in the future and the representatives are already shooting it down. So what's causing this now?
I am sure everybody hear will come up with some brilliantly complex ideas and theories that would impress the most clever lawyer and dazzle a puzzle master. Me however, I will hold off on making my decision as to why for time being.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 16-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

join