It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Ghost Hitches a Ride

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here

This video is pretty long--around 7 minutes. The biggest part of it is uneventful--I didn't realize why it had such a lead-in until after the ghost enters the scene--and I think it must be because there seems to be some sort of electronic disturbance, at intervals, only after they pick this girl up...and it is definitely not there until she gets in the car...

But, if you want to cut to the chase and watch the end first, you can move the slider ahead on your media player to about the 6-6 1/2 minute mark, perhaps--I'm guestimating because I watched it at a friend's and didn't take note of the time she enters the car, and I don't want to load it on my pc because my phone line is archaic and I'm on dial-up. But the girl gets in the passenger side back seat, and the guy in the back seat, with the vid cam is focused on the two in the front seat until they stop for the girl to get in...

It's really trippy, IMO. It has kind of 'stuck with me' since seeing it at my friend's. I really don't doubt it is authentic, but see what you think for yourself.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Before the crash, the camera goes allweird and their is something on the persons face, she screams and the car crashes! There is nothing else on the road and the car crashes! A person commented on that video saying that there should have been more movement involved with the camera!

This video is most likely a fake, because of the timing, and why did she look at the camera before screaming? I have never heard of a phantom hitch-hiker causing a crash when they are still in the car. They create a huge drop in temperture and then disapear.

Does anyone know what the people are saying?

[edit on 15-6-2006 by speight89]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They are speaking some form of spanish, and I know they are in the western hemisphere because they are driving on the right side of the road. I'm guessing maybe Brazil? The words at the end say something (roughly translated by me) about the circumstances surrounding the crash were odd, or something like that (going by memory) and, gosh, my mind is bad this morning....the last two screens say something to the effect that, in 1983, Theresa somebody had an accident in the same exact location. I didn't get the first date given on the black screens.

Is there any way you can copy that text and post it, so I can translate it? I only caught enough at my friend's house to get the general idea but I'm real curious.

Her face is like really scraped up on the right lower cheek, there at the end--it looks sort of dark and abraded. And her nose, in those frames, has got a horrid looking bumpy swelling right on the bridge--as if it were fractured.

The creepy thing that my friend and I saw was at the very last part of the girl's disintegration (for lack of a better term), when he slowed it down and then clicked it bit by bit--we got to a frame that, at first glance, looked just like a ghostly white fading-away, but when he totally stopped it, we could definitely see a skull, and the top few cervical bones of her neck. See if you can see that. It is right before the car flips.

At first I thought, 'this isn't a ghost' because the girl looked so real. But thinking about her eyes, they seemed rather empty, somehow--maybe the light of the camera, but it seems like the other people in the car had a slightly glaring light in their eye, but her eyes kind of looked just like the rest of her, and it didn't seem right, somehow... I don't know. It was trippy, though.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I say hoax. First off the camera would bounce around a lot more than that in an accident. Even in mounted vehicle cameras like in school busses I have seen wreck footage from there is a lot more movement and this is a handheld basicaly loose in the car.
As far as her face being marked at the end of the clip, when she puts her head into her hands and the camera pans away from her is a perfect time to apply some fake scabs. With practice they can be put on very quickly. And they didnt need perfection. It was only on screen for a second and not high quality video either. Its not horrible video by anymeans but it aint exactly high deff either. Its has a very staged feel to it. Also we are meant to believe that the car is on its side at the end. If you watch carefully you can see some kind of liquid dripping horizontaly left to right indicating that the car is infact right side up and the camera is laying on its right side. Although the liquid does present a small conundrum I dont believe its enough of a enigma to prove the footages authenticity.

On an odd side not have you noticed almost none of these videos we see like this are in english? Look at the ghost in the graveyard one or the infamous turkey screamer. Never in english.

As far as the text at the end, while Im not fluent in the spanish language or any of its derivatives I understand some. It apears to be very Blair Witchish. Basicaly that everybody in the car was killed and the girl teresa was killed in the exact same spot in 1983

One other problem I just thought off. If you look at some of the "disturbance" it looks like film on an old projector gone out of sinc so that you can see the edges of the fram in the shot. Kinda like the projectors in school when I was a kid. There is a big problem with that. It is obviously a modern camera because of the night shot that it uses. Modern cameras dont use film like the old cameras did essentialy eliminating the problem. Modern cameras write to tape more like a cassette recorder than a camera.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by zombiemann]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey guys, just to say hi to all, i was encouraged to log into the board becasue i since i find myself browsing constantly ATS and i ran across this thread and i felt i could give my little contribuition...this video most defenetely fake.

The language you hear in the video is portuguese, i happen to know this because i live in Portugal. The conversation you listen to is just basically the guy in the backseat testing a new mobile phone camera on a trip to Sintra (how convinient, lol)...No one notices how severely the video as been edited?Specially when the girl speaks to the camera...Ok and the final quote that states that "Theresa Fidalgo died in 1983 on that road", lol this throws away all the credibility if you consider all the leathal accidents reported in the portuguese roads...just check the statistics... according to local news we have like the highest rate of deatly accidents in Europe...

Well what about Sintra you might ask...Sintra is a renoknowned hotstop for the occult, sort of saying...through long years, there are lots of superstitious info around that place, in the portuguese pop-culture there are accounts of sects, witchcraft and satanist cults taking place there, etc...i watched on Discovery Channel when they reffered to an alchemists palace-like building with a most unusual architecture...

Anyways i think this video itself might have been done by some film students as an essay or simply for comic-relief...

Bottom line: when travelling in portuguese roads dont open your car's door to strangers...at least if you value your bellongings or your life..we see all sorts of wierd schemes for robbing ppl these days...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Without all the evidence... I still sway towards fake.

How freaking annoying would it be to get into a car and have a camera on you the whole time.
It might be different if it is someone you know, but to do it to a total 'stranger' just doesn't seem to fit.... unless your preparing for something to happen

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hi everyone

(Is a bit odd to post on ATS after having been reading your words for a long time. From posts that made me laugh to posts that kept my eyes on the screen for hours I have seen all. So first of all - indulge me - I'd like to thank these boards and the people that post in it. So... thanks
).

The language spoken is Portuguese. I am from Portugal and have seen this video countless times and it is just matter for giggles not serious research.

As it concerns this video it is fake. The accident victim that is said to be a ghost is real - that girl did die in a car accident in that very same road. BUT this entire video was made as a "scary movie that wasn't supposed to get this far". Just a spooky video using the memory of a known accident to show your friends, not a video to be seen in a paranormal discussion. It is not real. The names provided in the video concerning the occupants of the car are FAKE. I know this for SURE.

Don't be angry about this! This video wasn't filmed to fool people it was filmed as a joke and it wasn't supposed to get on the internet. I was -extremely- surprised to see it in ATS.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jumpei

Ok and the final quote that states that "Theresa Fidalgo died in 1983 on that road", lol this throws away all the credibility if you consider all the leathal accidents reported in the portuguese roads

True - we're lunatics when you put us on a car
but that is actually the only real part of the movie - Teresa Fidalgo did die on that road, on that year, in a car accident, I know this. Tragic event
. The video however is fake.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks guys, for your opinions. Since I can't watch it again (until maybe later when I'm not using my pc and spare the resources to download it), I really must say at the moment that everything stated as reason to think it is fake sounds pretty valid to me.

Jumpei, your input was extremely helpful! You are an 'expert witness!'

My friend and I were like, 'what are they speaking?' We went through german (the girl in the front seat spoke more guttural to me) and then french, russian, and then at the end I knew it was some form of spanish...

Very unusual sounding language, Jumpei--really beautiful after listening to it for a while.
I can see that the roads would be very dangerous...tight and curvy and confined...

So was the conversation between the three totally about nothing at all, or was it things that made it seem staged, in your opinion?

Obviously I'm a real know-nothing about video and photo technologies with PC's... I can do all sorts of things with pc's even fix and build them, and I'm a computer artist, but I don't know much at all about the 'real' graphics--my jpgs come from vector drawings and I draw with flash, too. I know literally nothing about what might make a movie or picture look fake. It did look awful pixelated to me, her disintegration....

....I'm thinking I really need to get learning about my Adobe programs--so I can make some ghost movies, too!

Just kidding! If I do, I won't post them here, you guys are a tough crowd!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
How freaking annoying would it be to get into a car and have a camera on you the whole time.

No doubt. Good point.

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
Teresa Fidalgo did die on that road, on that year, in a car accident, I know this. Tragic event

And that makes it even more tragic. Not cool at all. :shk:
Did these people know this girl? Or pick by random, do you know?

Don't be angry about this! This video wasn't filmed to fool people it was filmed as a joke and it wasn't supposed to get on the internet. I was -extremely- surprised to see it in ATS.
I don't mind being fooled. And I don't get angry about anything.
But that's the reason I posted it here, because I am totally lacking in any kind of ability to discern these things....I think I must be extremely gullible....

Oh well.....better to be gullible than suspicious, IMO. I never trust suspicious people, because I know why they are suspicious of me (their own thoughts)...

So...has anyone here ever seen anything potentially authentic?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
Teresa Fidalgo did die on that road, on that year, in a car accident, I know this. Tragic event

And that makes it even more tragic. Not cool at all. :shk:
Did these people know this girl? Or pick by random, do you know?

Idiotic in my opinion but they just picked a known accident from years ago to give that little extra something to the video.

On the matter of it being well done - do not feel bad. I can tell you that the people that made this have colege degrees on filiming and editing.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks for that.

But it doesn't do a thing to make me any smarter!!
I'm gullible on this stuff. I have been fooled by very badly done ones. I usually just lurk in this forum--haven't learned much! Still I see some creepy movies, and I guess it's good I'm gullible because at least I am entertained and creeped out!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One of the least polished hoaxes I've ever seen. There are far too many oddities. Why are you videotaping a joyride? The motions and actions of the 'actors' are incredibly broad. The makeup is horrible. The story line was trite and contrived when I was camping with the cub scouts - some folks got around to taping a capfire tale...oh boy.

And the accident at the end? Please.

One of the problems with paranormal studies is that there are idiots out there trying to make a buck, gull the gullible, or are so desperate to be a ghostbuster that they will do anything. The best researchers are the ones who are harshly critical. Whether you want to believe or no, the responsibility of anyone presenting evidence should be the 'can I possibly prove this by natural means?' test. If the answer is yes, than you had best not present it as proof.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Thanks for that.

But it doesn't do a thing to make me any smarter!!
I'm gullible on this stuff. I have been fooled by very badly done ones. I usually just lurk in this forum--haven't learned much! Still I see some creepy movies, and I guess it's good I'm gullible because at least I am entertained and creeped out!

Nah you sell yourself short, I think

If I didn't know better about that video I'd be taking a closer view at it too. We're all looking for something that "fits" in reality. Science and politics have arguably failed in providing the new generations with the translucid world it seemed to promise. We search for more. Natural.

I think it does not matter how able the people that do some videos are. My opinion of how "credible" one is and if you wish the very reason for forums like this is the simple fact that in our time it has simply become obvious that there is more to the world and to society than that which was taught to us. Suspicion is the theme of our time, if you ask me. Now whether it is born in ourselves or in the world around us is a debate, sure, but reality remains - we're suspicious. We want more.

Originally posted by shantyman Why are you videotaping a joyride?

I envy you shantyman
everytime someone gets a new camera here in Portugal they just have to tape their whole existence. It is annoying as hell! So that is not unusual.

The makeup is not makeup - it is cgi.

The whole event is the classic formula - people lost pick up a ride and it turns out to be a ghost. The people that made this were not trying to make a buck or fool people. They made a funny video for their friends and it went to the internet. Someone that was either gullible or trying to get a cheap thrill out of people got it and posted it on youtube. That's it. It was a video made to be a scary little improvised movie that someone else used. No "bucks" involved.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've seen 4 Ghosts in my ife, and in my opinion, you can't photograph them with a Camera.

They're very different than other things you see, often you can only see the figure by looking for a time at it - I saw my Grandfather once at the foot of my bed, I looked away and back and he was gone. I looked again for about 20 Seconds, and he faded into view in the same place.

The way only some people see them, I think it takes some kind of unusual Eye, or Unusual circumstance. I don't think ANY pictures of Ghosts are real.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This video is inspired in a urban myth, the girl in white from the Village of Cascais. It's totally fake I can assure that.
Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian are all languages that evolved from Latin. It's a very beauthifull language, very rich and very complex. Even portuguese people have some dificulty to speak a correct portuguese.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I thought that this was for a school project or something like that...
Freaky nonetheless...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I can clear this up for everyone, it is not a fake as such, as in, someone did not film this to try and fool everyone into believing this is a real ghost, it is filmed by a guy called David Rebordao, he is a true film maker and just wanted to film something to get poeples attention, he was not trying to start a big internet based debate on its authenticity, the film is called “A Curva” and david has a website where you can purchase the full dvd, if you would really want to, at www.acurva.net... in this dvd david explains everything behind the video and is 12 minutes long. As for all you poeple who have noticed the editing in the film, thats because you are watching an edited version that is available for free download accross the whole internet, about 7 minutes long, the full video is not edited and is 12 minutes long. although as i have not seen the unedited version i can not confirm the rumours that the a girl named Teresa Fidalgo really did die in 1983 at that location, i have spoken to people and read reports that the girl did exist and really did die in a crash in 1983, and that is what David based his short film on.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It was not filmed as a joke it was filmed by an amateur film maker who is working on more films, this film was simply to get people's attention - and i would say he achieved that.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
you'll be pleased to know that this video was actually filmed by a real filmmaker, it was not for a joke, it was not fake as such, and was never meant to fool anyone into thinking it was real, he simply filmed to get a reaction, and since it has now become the most watched short film ever to come out of portugal, i would say he has done that! the guy who made it is called David Rebordão, and the reason it is edited is because you have only seen the free download version of around 7 minutes long, the unedited 12 minute version is only available if you buy it! from David's website - www.acurva.net/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join