It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher could get twenty years for sex with eighteen year old student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
DALLAS (June 11) - The arrest of a high school teacher for allegedly having sex with an 18-year-old student has raised questions about the age constraints of the state's three-year-old law criminalizing student-teacher sexual relationships.

Amy McElhenney, 25, was arrested May 25 and charged with having an improper relationship with a student. The Spanish teacher and former Miss Texas contestant faces up to 20 years in prison.

articles.news.aol.com...

Eighteen is the legal age for consensual sex. How can a law designed to protect minors from teacher/student sexual relations include this women? Will this law criminalizes teacher tryst's with student participants of any age? What about forty year olds and older returning for their degrees? Come on now, I can see possibly being fired, but jail time!

It was suggested else where that maybe the kid was black and the charges were racially motivated. This seems highly likely to me , especially in "good ole Texas!"

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
(sarcasm)
Subhuman sexual predators like this should be tied to anthills covered with honey, dragged through the streets naked, whipped, beaten, stabbed, shot, and ground up as hamburger and fed to snakes. Their livers should be pulled out and impaled on steel thorns, their eyeballs sucked out and used for ping pong, their entrails left to rot on rocks in the sun. No punishment is too cruel and vile for these vicious child molesters preying on virginal young teenagers.

This vile temptress has hopelessly corrupted an innocent young boy, in all probability he will never recover from the emotional turmoil and trauma of this cruel and perverse seduction. The horror... the horror...
(/sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This is really a no brainer...
Fired maybe, go to jail?... not in the America I know and love...

18 is the magic number that turns taboo to totally fine, and lucky to boot...
the age difference isn't even much different... they might actually make a good couple...

good luck to them both...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How can they jail her for having sex with an 18 year old? While I think sex between teachers and students is unethical at any age because of the power disparity at least until schools out, how can sex between two adults be a crime punishable by law.

Crazy puritans.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hey that teachers pretty hot, If I was in that school it would be hi-5s all around for baggin that caliente chika

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't think Jail time is required if the kid was 18. Like Lazarus said...It's the magic #....or at least it used to be. Oh brother

top topics

join