It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl on the gravestone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here has ever gone to ghost research and looked and the picture of the girl on the gravestone from the chicago cemetary.
I personally think that the picture is fake, but they say on the page that the girl is semi-transparent, she looks solid to me and seems to have a shadow

www.ghostresearch.org...

[edit on 10-6-2006 by CORTARA]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I went and checked out the photo at the said website, I have seen this before on previous television show's, still can't be sure.
I do see what you mean by the shadow's and such, but in a documentary that was done by the directors of the movie "The Tunnel" they were doing about this sanitarium they were using infra-red laser pointers to show that theapparitions called "Shadow People" do have some kind of physical substance to them. The infra-red light beam was actually bent in the event of pointing at them. It also showed how the light was disturbed by movement fluctuaion. Rather an interesting scenario to say the least. So, Shadow abilities may be possible, with all thing's considered.......
Just cant say for sure one way or the other, good story and pic , If it is an authentic ghost caught on film, she is quite photo genic!!!LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The picture just seems very different than most photos that are shown, they are less solid and most shadow people are a darker than night color figures, so I don't know, maybe she is a new type of spirit. LOL

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like a really old picture from way back in the day. Just like someone woman sitting there, not a ghost, spirit or anything else. I would like to hear what some other people think about the picture.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
CORTARA: To me it looks like just an old picture, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Cortara,
I found this little article that explains when, where and what was used to get this image. It was nt what I expected, for sure . There is actual validity behind the picture and with a well known group, you can get more of the story by googling "The Girl on the Stone" through images. but here's the article I found.

Sometimes called "The Madonna of Bachelor's Grove," this photograph appeared in both the Chicago Sun-Times and the National Examiner. It was taken during an investigation in Bachelor's Grove Cemetery on August 10, 1991 with a group of GRS members. The picture is an enlarged black and white infrared shot taken of an area where many of the group noticed something unusual with some of the equipment they used. It shows a young woman sitting on a tombstone with parts of her lower and upper body being somewhat semi-transparent. The dress she is wearing is also out-of-date. It was taken by member, Jude Huff-Felz.

Source

Hope this help's !!!

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

Thanks for the correction Mod's, didn't even realize that I had done that, but know not to do it again...

[edit on 11-6-2006 by sanctum]
Sorry.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Allred5923]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
it looks like a normal picture. i see nothing in it to show me its not a women sitting....

her knee is the only thing that looks funny, theres a line going thru it...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It does have the feel of an older picture. However, according to the article, its very new.

The strange thing about the picture is that the flesh does appear to be ethereal and ghostly. her face is fuzzy, her legs and arms seem to be insubstantial.

Interesting nonetheless, even though ghost research is not my forte and I dont know a whole hell of alot about it but bare basics.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It seems everyone needs more background to be sure. But my suspicion is that it’s not a hoax. Which raises the question: How solid can ghosts get on film?
Experiment...
Maybe if you take a picture over a large (haunted) area not everything you get is alive? Then again maybe the distance would dilute the ghostly light. But if you could take a picture over a large area of (say ground zero) with high pixel film; then maybe you would be way more likely to get something? (Providing the camera isn’t too far away that is).

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The photo was taken with IR film, infra-red film, which explains the strange look of it. In all honesty, that could simply be a photo of a regular person sitting there. The weirdness of the photo is a result of it beign B&W IR film.

Also, can anyone actually explain why a ghost would show up in such detail merely because the film is sensitive to infra-red light??? Its not magic film.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
why does the " ghost " have a shadow ?

to avoid this being a one liner --

IR film ? , why is it being used during the day ?? would IR film expose correctly in conditions of bright sunlight ??

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Now this is all speculation and not been proven, because anything with paranormal is at the present time all a theory.

On the infrared camera why you supposely could see a ghost or spirit is because they supposely have a temp and or energy. A infrared film works on wavelengths. So the higher or lower the ghosts temp or amount of energy it is putting off would show up in the radation(that the camera picks up) it puts off and the camera can pick this up. A normal camera can only take pictures of solid items not show the difference in temp or energy out put.

I did know that the picture was suppose to be taken with a infrared camera and this is one of the reasons I dont think that it is real. The girl in the picture is extremely solid it would take the ghost a lot of energy, which it would have to drain from something to be this solid and there no big changes in colors on her to tell me a temp change. Now I must admit I have really no experience with the black and white photo, but I think anyone could of done this picture.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by CORTARA]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
IR film ? , why is it being used during the day ?? would IR film expose correctly in conditions of bright sunlight ??

Its film that was created specifically to pick up on IR frequencies, I suspect that at night there's not enough radiation being emited for it to work.

its not like in a military system or a movie, where you have 'scanning thermal heat images' of people and the light. Its just reflected and emited IR wavelength light. THe one in this ghost photo is B&W IR film, there is also colour IR film, and when used with filters that screw onto a lense, it can have some 'trippy' colour schemes!

cortara
girl in the picture is extremely solid it would take the ghost a lot of energy,

Also, why would an immaterial ghost, even if it was projecting heat, have the same 'look' as a normal person on IR film, if it was just amorphous energy? Or even if we grant it can have the same shape, why the depth and color differentiation just like in a normal person?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am by no means an expert on the paranormal. But I do see real people every day. She looks real to me.

Her hair looks shiny clean. Also, the way she is sitting reminds me of how I would look if I was on an uncomfortable hard surface until my back or butt hurt, but that doesn't mean anything.

The entire image seems to have the same quality to it, the girl, the stone, the tree, everything. This may be the way B&W IR film works though.

I am leaning towards hoax.

Pass

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ITS A FAKE! ENOUGH SAID!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In the words of another:

If ghosts have clothes, then clothes must have ghosts.

top topics

join