It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweetheart deal for another politician.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Asa Hutchinson, the former Congressman, Head of the DEA, Undersecretary to homeland security and present contender to be Governor of Arkansas Has just turned a 2,800 dollar investment into a quick million dollar profit. The company he invested in has no product, no revenues and no employee's.

www.nwanews.com
Asa Hutchinson, the Republican candidate for governor, has turned $ 2, 800 into $ 1 million as a founding shareholder in a company that went public with no revenues, products or employees — but with a stock offering that promised lavish profits for insiders risking tiny sums.

As a “blank-check” company, Fortress America Acquisition Corp. ’s only business plan was to find and buy an unspecified company doing business in some aspect of homeland security. In the wake of an initial public offering that raised $ 42 million, Fortress America announced its acquisition Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my personal opinion this stinks to high heaven. If the average tax payer turned a profit in such a way they would be investigated by every branch of the government.

This is just another insider deal where the politicians and insiders get rich at the expense of the common man.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, the fact that it has no product or revenues is not strange. Remember the dot com boom of the '90's, the one that made hundreds of people instant millionaires, and was the foundation of Clinton's economic "boom"? Most of those companies had no product or revenues; the only thing being sold was an idea. Same thing here.

And, as Hutchinson said, it's all on paper anyway. It could be gone overnight.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That name alone should raise some eyebrows around here...

'Fortress America' - now where have I heard that before?

Hmmmm...

As to the topic, this is SOP for Wall St.. It's not right, it's never been right, but that doesn't change the fact that it's about as commonly occuring as dirt. How can a company with no assetts, and no revenues, have a higher stock price than a company with billions in assetts and millions in annual revenue?

Well, if the former company is connected, and the latter is not, mystery solved. It's a shame how common these dirty tricks have become.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
if you have the time, either listen or read the revelations from whistleblower Richard Andrew Grove which can be found here -

(listen)
www.911podcasts.com...

(read) www.rinf.com...

you will then see just how common this is and how much money is made and covered up. also, how it relates to 911.

he names companies and individuals involved, some of whom he worked for.

one quick quote which should sicken anybody ....

"Couple that with the realization of the verifiably true statement made by Donald Rumsfeld on September 10th 2001- wherein he announced that $2.3 trillion dollars in U.S. taxpayer funds had been misappropriated by Pentagon accountants and “lost”.

Let me do a quick thought experiment with you: If I drew a line, one foot in length on a white board, and that line represented 1 million dollars, how long would a line representing a billion dollars be? What about a Trillion Dollars?

The answers are 1,000 feet, and 189 miles, respectively, and keep in mind, that using 1 unit= 1 million dollars, if one dollar was = to 1 foot, a trillion dollars would be 189,000,000 miles- or in everyday terms- to the Sun, and back.

My point is that when we’re talking about Trillions of Dollars missing, we’re talking about the largest crime ever committed- right in front of all of our lives and using 9-11 as the getaway vehicle- and what was stolen, was our collective Future, it’s about time we realized it. "

imagine how the world could be changed for the good of humanity with that sort of money, instead of lining the pockets of the biggest thieves in history

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yup. Sounds like a real Stinker to me too mrwupy.

Although.... I just had a genius brainstorm. Maybe we here at ATS could have a stock market created overnight, where we can turn our ATS points in for real cash or stock options, via the Black Budget funds of the federal government. At least that way, we can get back some of the money that they've bent us over for over these past 5 long years.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Most of those companies had no product or revenues; the only thing being sold was an idea. Same thing here.

Exactly and very well stated. I have taken a chance on two similar speculations and made money on one while I have also lost on another. This is nothing new at all it has been going on for years, it just so happens in this case it was a governor who took the chance and the media is trying to make an issue out of nothing.

new topics

top topics

join