It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fate..Not in my corner!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
How many of you feel that fate is against you??

You know what i,m talking about,,

Your undeserving colleague gets your promotion..

yours is the only house that gets damaged in a storm

You stay an extra hour after work.. unpaid.. only to find your car has been vandalised..

Sob stories please..

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think fate does exist, so people are gunna have different "life stories". Some will have it bad and other better... but thats how it is. Not many people share the same "life" with another person. Dont you love an infinite universe

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well maybe fate is against us at times. I have been repeatedly named "alternate" for varius events and awards. I know it will happen again.
But I also know fate is with me sometimes as well, such as when I find a dollar on the ground or get that job I wanted.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Last Feb, my first marriage broke up. April, my father was in the hospital with a bladder infection when I went to the Philippines, while I was gone, in one day my mother went into ICU and was placed in a medically induced coma, my uncle had a stroke, and my aunt was told that the cut in her leg was turning gangrenous and she might have to lose it.

My mother spent three weeks in ICU, two weeks in Progressive Care, 10 days in Rehab, then went to where my brother lived at the time and spend 8 weeks doing rehab. She was FINALLY able to go back to work in November. In the meantime, my father has entered stage 2 Alzheimers, had a really hard time with his catheter while my mother was in the hospital, and was completely unwilling to keep his diabetes and other meds under control.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression (probably have had it for the last 15+ years), was put on zoloft to treat it, and ended up slicing my wrists. I have 5 superficial cuts on one, three on the other, and one that needed 8 stitches that hit the artery.

I got remarried, and my ex has been doing a good job of hurting that one, and I admit that I've done things to hurt it too. So that one is falling apart as we speak, I lost my $41,000/year job in September, and JUST started working about 3 weeks ago, part time at a $6.00/hour job making sandwhiches at Arby's. My credit rating sucks, I had to move here to live with family just so that I can survive. I have to somehow find a way to support my wife, and save $700 to that I can go to truck driving school near here, because my uncle has decided that it's stupid to go to the one that I already have financing for, because he doesn't understand that I'm not paying the loan back in any way, and it's tuition reimbursement.

My parents came home one day in January, and said "Oh, by the way have you heard anything about your sister? She's in the operating room having her spleen taken out." They were on vacation, and she was hit by a snowboarder and her spleen ruptured, but they didn't find out about it for several hours of her bleeding out. They put 8 units of blood into her, and kept her in ICU overnight on a ventilator.

So we're currently up to 16 months with absolutely no sign whatsoever of things getting better.

Does all that count as fate being against me?

Edit to add: They managed to save my aunts leg, but she got sicker and sicker and went on Dialisys, and eventually passed away in late summer, or early fall of last year.

[edit on 6/7/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I see a lot of hard working guys get a step up deservedly.

BUT.. i seem to see a lot more who shirk,plagiarise and cheat their way up without lifting a finger except to take credit for work that someone else has done.

Is this really what the world has become..??

Why doesnt fate lend a hand to some of the harder workers/more intelligent/deserving guys/girls..

I hate to use this as an example but i cant resist..GEORGE BUSH!!

I MEAN C,MON..couldn,t they pick a less retarded character to stand as a puppet prez??

Everyone knows that the leader of ANY democratic country doesnt actually do the work..he just has to learn a few speeches and perform well in front of the cameras.but couldnt they get a guy who could actually do the job he was employed for..??

Used him as an example only. I dont give a fig about politics..right/left middle..whatever. this is not a political discussion

BTW this has nothing at all to do with personal goals unfulfilled/jealousy etc. I am just a very good observer of people and character from very different fields of life/work etc

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
We are always being tested. It is how we react to these tests that determine if we are ready for our next step in spirtuality imo. We also bring to us the energy we think about, not always like in Zaphod's case, that definatly looks like you and your family were being tested.

Life is not meant to be one big pleasure fest. We are here to learn and to grow spiritually. "When the student is ready, the teacher will arrive".

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Holy crap Zaphod that's an amazing story of pain! Best wishes to you my friend. Sounds like way more hardship than one person deserves. I am sending whatever good mojo I can send your way. Losing loved ones is one thing, and slashed wrists are another, but NOBODY should have to work at Arby's. [joke
]

It's an interesting question, fate. I can't comment for myself because I'm able to put all my experiences in a fairly good light. I am able to see the rough spots as things that taught me lessons and improved my character (well, somewhat anyway).

Think about this tho: When you die, you lose the chance to make something good happen down here. So even if life sucks and tragedy seems to be following you, I'd encourage folks to look that pain right in the eye and smile. Become a masochist and you'll see every day as wonderful.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yeah. sorry to hear that zaphod. seriously!!

Bad karma or whatever really hits people who don,t deserve it hard sometimes.

Kinda puts your life in perspective .when you think you,re having a bad time along comes someone in a much worse situation.

At least take solace that you have probably made someone on this board,s life seem a little more bearable with your story. not much i know though

hang in there.There,s gotta be a higher plan for people who can cope with that kind of stress

top topics

join