It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Airfield and facilities NW of Pueblo, Col.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
pg.photos.yahoo.com.../9363re2&.ph
In the link above I came across what at first I believed to be an air/military museum of sorts near central Colorado. But as I scaned the area I quicky came up with some odd complex features and it seemed rather remote as well as having some antenna arrays and what looks like large bunkers or ??. Any clues? The pic's are from Google Earth and the coordinates are in each images frame.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Dunno if this is it or not, but here's a possibility.

The Pueblo Historical Aircraft Society, is planning to erect a Memorial at the Pueblo Weisbrod Aircraft Museum later this year to memorialize those military and civilian personnel who died while assigned to the Pueblo Army Air Base (PAAB) from May 1942 to March 1946.

www.pwam.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I decided my request would make a better general-purpose topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, VType, could you post the coordinates?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sorry didnt realize the print in the pic's was so garbled when zoomed. Here are the coordinates. 38*26'48.61" N by 104*52'25.82" W.
Also thanks Zaphod58 but that museum is just North of Pueblo and isnt the one in question in the pic. The one in question is more North and West of Pueblo but South West of Colorado Springs. I havent come across it on any of the Colorado Air/Military Museum list's at all.
Thanks for the interest folks.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by VType]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The facility is the USAF Airburst Range.

A synopsis of the range can be found here: here

A bunch of cool satellite and aerial pics can be found here

The official Airburst Range website can be found here

A really neat thing I found on the Airburst Range website is the Target Description Page, it has decriptions of each of the targets, along with photos and coordinates of each. Too cool!

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophobe
The facility is the USAF Airburst Range.

A synopsis of the range can be found here: here

A bunch of cool satellite and aerial pics can be found here

The official Airburst Range website can be found here

A really neat thing I found on the Airburst Range website is the Target Description Page, it has decriptions of each of the targets, along with photos and coordinates of each. Too cool!

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

Excellent Work. And yes the level of detail on the site is amazing for a Military test area.

top topics

join