It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife Laws set to change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
its About time the Govt. paid more attention to this factor. Theres been campaigners againts knifes for years and Knife crime has only risen. The new law for keeping offenders in jail till their court date is a good idea but it wont deter the yobs from carrying.

heres a few articles on the new laws:
Sky: Knife laws to be strengthened
BBC: Mother wants tougher knife laws

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
what iv found is that since this was brought forward and implimented there has been a rise in knife crimes particulary in my area (edinburgh) and glasgow.

something should have been dont along time ago about knives i have witness alot of devistation caused by them. The people that carry them have what i call a false bravado and think they are indistructible.

will the new laws change the knife crime stats? hmm somehow i think not, look at when they brought in the gun amnesty ( where criminals etc could bring in there guns and not be done for iT) did this actually help reduce gun crime? nope.

The police etc are damned if they do and damned if they dont, higher sentaces for carrying a weapon may help but i dont think this alone will deter people from carrying./using knives

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
New "Knife Laws" will make exactly the same amount of difference that the once new "Gun Laws" did - zero.

You can't legislate good behaviour.

Face it, the UK's streets are populated by drunken, violent scum. It used to be that they were only to be found out at night, now they are brazen enough to strut around during the day, and why shouldn't they, they have nothing to fear from either their fellow citizens, or the law.

How many mugged OAPs does it take before someone will take them on.

join